It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geminoids...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
spectrum.ieee.org...

Whenever I see things like this, I always wonder the "implications" of such technology. I provided a link to something reffered to as "geminoids", a term for robot I had never heard. If you scroll down a little, you'll see a some video footage of this, and I can pretty much gaurantee you'll (SNIP) your pants, if you havent seen this before!
I did a search and found a thread from 2008, so I thought I would share this.

edit on 7-3-2011 by flashcube because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I did not (SNIP) my pants.

That would be gross.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reminds me of an old music video by.... i think silverchair... year 3000? is the song maybe?

anyways, its creepy. and soon going to be easy to replace world leaders with real robots instead of just programmed people...

like....a reverse pinocchio...
edit on 7-3-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: line4

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
those things are freaky and very real looking! you would not tell the
difference if one was walking down the street , It would blend in perfect

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I agree with your assertion. This robotic "stuff" is just amazing to me! I could see these patrolling our streets, the new "protester" inhibitor.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Heres a little more...10 videos that are between 2 and say about 5 minutes ( one is 9 min, # 10 on the list), also from the same source. The 9 min video...gets better after about 1 min. 30 secs or so.

spectrum.ieee.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
pretty creepy,

robofobia could actually become a real mental disorder 10 yrs from now

further down that page and even creepier is the

Elfoid

The idea is you use a motion-capture system to transmit your face and head movements to the Elfoid, which would reproduce them, plus your voice, on its own little body, thereby conveying your presence.

imagine you get a call from your GF

while you're banging some other lady

would the elfoid in your GF hands do the snake, or try to hump her hand?

edit on 7-3-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Its incredible, truly incredible! "Robophobia", thats the first time Ive heard that. Maybe you "coined" us a new term?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ohhhhhh ICK ICK ICKEEEEE. Are you sure that thing isn't a real guy hoaxing? The whites of his eyes though, have no blood streaks in 'em, like living people's do.
I didn't poop either, "how gross", cuz I was holding it as hard as I could. (Close call though...)
Yeah I get your implications. You could assassinate top people and replace them. This is WORSE than 'Anna' on 'V".......

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

No, to be honest, I for one, cannot tell you for sure. Even if it is a hoax, looks eerily, very real to me. I saved a shortcut to that website, as there was some other interesting things there, that I havent had a chance to look at yet. Thankyou for your reply!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flashcube

no dude, Isaac Asimov has the credit for that
i recommend reading his robot series for a possible look into our future

Isaac_Asimov's_Robot_Series

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh man! I want one! I have always been fascinated by robotics and would love to have a bunch of mechanized friends a la Blade Runner.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashcube
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I agree with your assertion. This robotic "stuff" is just amazing to me! I could see these patrolling our streets, the new "protester" inhibitor.

Yep I was thinking that as well, along with those things as our new military troops. Non human super soldiers. Kill with no remorse, NEVER get PTSD, never need food and toilets, a change of clothes, protection from insects, and a need for showers, or the internet and phones to keep in touch with families back home. all that would eliminate VA hospitals.
Goll, I hope I'm not givn em ideas.......(too late!)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I thought that as well, and I guess in the end, Id rather see geminoids serving as opposed to our children. We really are damned.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flashcube

If we are really having 'replicants' among us, it could be, that they will be more like 'Data' on StarTrek TNG, rather than Cylon Caprica Six.

I'm afraid of remorseless Cylon soldiers, BUT I am sorry that I forgot (almost) to say, this business of using young beautiful American kids as --cannon fodder-- has GOT TO STOP.
edit on 8-3-2011 by simone50m because: ad text.

new topics

top topics

join