It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasers linked to five deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Arizona Republic reported this first www.cnn.com...

Tasers linked to 5 deaths. Medical examiners have found that Taser electric stun guns have played a role in at least 5 deaths. Contradicting the manufactures claim that the weapons have never killed anyone. Taser denies the claims saying that the medical examiners were wrong.

I think that this shows that any kind of weapon can be fatal especially one that releases an electrical charge. I am not a doctor but you would think a charge to your heart could cause it to stop, and someone in poor health could be more succepable also.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm sure you could kill someone with a taser who is 90 years old cuz their hart is weak but for healthy young and middle age people tasers shouldn't kill you unless it is over used

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Under proper heart conditions yeah tasers can kill. And what if your soaked in water or something. How many of you have heard of the Gravitron, its the UFO looking thing at carnivals that spins you around and you stick to the walls. I've heard people with certain heart conditions have been killed because of the high g's. But for anybody even a small electric shock to the heart can start it or stop it.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You should really think of weapons like this as less-lethal rather than as non- lethal. Most weapons like this say for instance a rubber or beanbag round fired at someones head could kill a person. Ive seen those things dent metal doors. But without these options the police next option would be to use there gun which is really lethal. They are by no means perfect but the are the best thing we have right now.

Police would love a Stun laser ala StarTrek that could be use at no risk to the person its used on but its not like they are getting those anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
why not use a low powered rubber bullet gun????
won't kill but would still hurt

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Perhaps it would not be effective at a lower power if you hit a person were you are supose too. Im sure alot of research went into the power that they are fired at. I remember one case where a woman had a gun and was threating to kill her self. They shot her with a rubber round and it broke her arm but she dropped the gun.

I think the point isnt so much to hurt you but to incapacitate you so you are no longer a threat to yourself or other people. It must be hard to find a power that could drop a 300lb guy but also not kill a 100lb woman.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I got stunned by a stun gun once...jesus did that hurt. It did just that, it "stuns" you.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Police will have a new system in the near future to stop anything from a little girl to a 300 linebacker I watched a show on it on TV its used a really high pitch sound made by this portable device and it caused the person to stop what they are doing and cover their ears cuz the sound is unbearable it will not harm your brain but it might make you temporary deaf but it won't break your arm or kill you
and what is greet about this system it will only affect people in its path or whoever you point it to if you are staying beside it you hear nothing but go in front of it and you are in for a nasty time.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It is so incredibly funny to watch someone do the the actual Tazer Dance. Especially if they're 90

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Then police were developing a gun to shoot "bullets" made of pepper. The idea was that the pepper shots explode on contact forcing the suspect to sneeze. Then there was a special flashlight that gave of green light and was high frequency or something so it hurt there eyes and stunned them.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yeah I watched a show on those peeper bullets grown man could only take 3-4 of them in the chest before he had to stop what he was doing but say you get hit in the face with one of those bullets that has got to hurt really bad

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah I remember seeing that show. Do you remember anything else that they had. Oh yeah now that I remember it there was a police training simulator were the police shoot at the screen but the virtual enemies could shoot back thanks to some kind of special vest the police had to wear like in laser tag.

new topics

top topics

join