It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Says "No Support" for Claim Of Alien Microbes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Ross 54
Someone asked about the lack of nitrogen in the alleged fossil bacteria. Dr. Hoover, in his new paper, has this issue covered. He notes that remains of living things from millions of years ago have been found to have lost all detectable traces of nitrogen.

Whether an organism retains or loses it's nitrogen and phosphorus completely depends on the environment in which it died. In light of this, time-scales are irrelevent. Recently-dead bacteria can pass their N and P onto smaller organisms who feed on it, as explained in one of the commentaries:

The relatively low abundance of N and P in some of the fossils (both in meteorites and terrestrial material) (Figure 6a) is easily explained; these elements are generally in relatively low abundance and therefore in high demand by other microorganisms. Following the death of sheathed biota their cytoplasm is rapidly devoured by smaller bacteria leaving a highly-N/P-depleted skeleton.

Unfortunately the low N/P content of the filaments or sheaths reported in the study do not convinced me that these sheaths are the remains of life-forms that existed before Earth-contact (as claimed in the Results and Conclusion), because if they represent contaminants, then they too would have suffered N/P-depletion following their death. The continuing presence of N in mammoth and mummified hair do not provide a counter argument, they simply show that the environments in which these hairs existed were not conducive to microbial mineralization.

M.A. Line, Ph.D.,
Honorary Research Associate, School of Agricultural Science, University of Tasmania

Here's more evidence that it's not contamination. This excerpt is from the 12th commentary:
"The evidence that C/N and C/S ratios in investigated filaments were similar to ancient fossilized bio-materials and kerogens but very different from biological samples of living organisms proves that studied samples did not contain any modern bio-contamination."

journalofcosmology.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
why dont they ever comment on the numerous alien implants people have had removed containing minerals unknown to earth and unable to be created without the vacuum of space itself?

Because these materials do not excist

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Nasa and the cover up begins.

Nasa will not touch this with a ten foot pole.

WHY
Because the guy is right/correct.

Well big bad NASA why dont you just prove him wrong then.

Like i said NASA already knows this information and much much more.

Give me a break. Your all pathetic.

Well we cannot afford to lose any more funding so we better sweep this under a rug real quick.

You people at NASA all you people who are really in the no you all make me sick. get off your high horses you donkeys and tell us the truth.

We are not that stupid.

How about Dr Edgar Mitchell you dolts.

You all make me sick.

I wish someone in intel would get the leading guy at nasa and water board his ass on live tv.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
I wish someone in intel would get the leading guy at nasa and water board his ass on live tv.

I wouldn't go that far. But I agree - NASA have been very hasty to dismiss this, without providing any evidence of their own for doing so (thus far).

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Doesnt matter. If nasa was to have any credibilty the wold have came out and said that .

While this latest disclosure shows some very interesting findings by one of our decorated colleagues we are not launching a major investigation to further prove this claim..

Instead call it crap and step back and let the dust settle and say what chu talking bout willis.

GFY folks someday you will be held accountable for you lies and deception. Hopefully the american people will make up to find out that they had the wool pulled over there eyes for all of their lives.

Shame on you.
Shame on you all.

Now if a leading guy came out and tried to tell the truth you now one of 2 things .
1 he would be laughed at and discredited.
2. he would end up dead.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

true that. They are all corrupt and should be in jail for lieing to congress and lieing to the american people who funded this big lie.

They are all liers.

Oh I would love to see the head guy in charge of security at nasa I would ask him who has the highest level of clearance here.

And he would be the first person in the dunk tank.

In you go you asshole. Now start blabbing now no dripping rag for you you are going under and don't worry once your dead see this defib over hear this is what I'm gonna use to shock your ass back to conciousness.

Ha ha ha.

Mr B does not like being lied to at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Also supporting the supposition that the objects are not earthly contaminants is the fact that they appear to be fossilized. The conversion of living materials to minerals is found to be a very slow process. Fossils are typically tens of thousands to millions of years old. The meteorites that Dr. Hoover examined have been on Earth for only a few hundred years. A scenario in which Earthly bacteria penetrated the rock and became fossilized appears highly improbable, to put it mildly. Ross

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The strange this is - Richard Hoover is a NASA scientist. He's not a rogue; he's one of them. NASA pay his salary and his funding. And this isn't the first time he has made these claims. So if NASA are so unconvinced by his work, why have they been bankrolling him for the past 44 years! And they give him gold medals:

www.nasa.gov...

(nice photo of Hoover with Von Braun in that article)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
" Nasa say no support", that maybe so but 75% or more of the PHD commentaries say "yes support" to Hoovers' findings. I guess that peer review he has been waiting for looks to be coming along.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Know nothing nasa is up to no good.

What have they doine lately. I hear india and china reprts more findings than them on a daily basis.

Nasa is a useless black project which is running top secret projects and fronts to cover what they are really doing which is hiding alien intel.

I have seens some very strange anomolies like many other people.

I suspect 98 percent are things which we are testing and using.

By the way can anyone bring up the weather over Alaska. Show me some cloud cover. Are you telling me they don't have doppler up there or any sat data.

Someone find me a 30 day loop of cloud cover.

Wait you can not find that. Hmmmm Why is that.

But wait you can go to any other us state or city and get plenty of loops of cloud cover.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT.

What is HAARP up to.

I for one cannot wait for the real truth to come out.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Also supporting the supposition that the objects are not earthly contaminants is the fact that they appear to be fossilized. The conversion of living materials to minerals is found to be a very slow process. Fossils are typically tens of thousands to millions of years old. The meteorites that Dr. Hoover examined have been on Earth for only a few hundred years. A scenario in which Earthly bacteria penetrated the rock and became fossilized appears highly improbable, to put it mildly. Ross

Good point. Also, considering that these meteorites have been on Earth for only a few hundred years why is it that some of the fossils look nothing like we've ever seen before? If they were simple Earthly contaminants the experts would've been able to identify them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Never happen becaue NASA is the best at sweeping stuff under the rug. They have been cover up since day 1 of NASA.

No
Astronaut
Saw
Anything

Got it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

I also find it funny how quickly NASA is bailing on this guy (one of their own). They've jumped off the bandwagon even though;
1. No one can explain how this fossil formed in such a short time.
2. No one can explain the method of contamination.
3. No one can identify the "earthly" contamination, but are certain it came from here.

Do any of you scientists out there that do peer-review work find it strange how quickly NASA bailed even though simple questions cannot be explained?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club
Do any of you scientists out there that do peer-review work find it strange how quickly NASA bailed even though simple questions cannot be explained?

Here is your answer

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join