It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Forum? Please post your moon pictures here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, I posted this in the Aliens & UFO forum. I did so because this is a very popular forum that gets a lot of traffic. If you want to move it, admins, Please make a forum specifically for the MOON and it's "Anomalies"

I am calling onto anyone who reads this. Carry a camera with you. If you have a cell phone with a camera, Great! Use it!

Anytime the moon catches your attention, snap a pic or video. I believe there are things happening now that may physically affect our moon (signs of physical changes in other things). If we get enough content from many different areas, we can combine the research and give an intelligent hypothesis.

I will start with a video I took about 3 weeks back (please don't quote me on time. I view time differently)
I noticed an odd position of the moon and I took a video as I did not have a still photography camera. If what I recorded is the moon, I believe I caught the moon (changing shape, shifting, liquefying, etc.) Whatever you think is happening.

Need something extra? I will not embed but if you choose to, click the link and keep and open mind.
?
) ?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have a couple of moon shots that I took a few weeks ago but they're not of anything weird, I just thought the moon looked nice
I can share them if you like?

ETA pics

First picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f8d3ac19366.jpg[/atsimg]

Second picture after adjusting settings and cleaning it up on laptop:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a701593b01e8.jpg[/atsimg]

Third picture also cleaned up a bit.:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff40744a7fff.jpg[/atsimg]

I did take more but I was trying to stay still with night mode on and they came out as just a blurry ball

edit on 7-3-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Please do!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

Done

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
its taken with a crappy camera...that's why it looks fuzzy. I don't see it liquefying or shape shifting like you say you do.
Camera phones are useless for filming any object in a dark sky, you might as well get a silly cam and film it with that and claim anomalies on the moon.
Sorry dude my verdict is rubbish camera and a big imagination

edit on 7-3-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I dont get what I'm looking at, I see 3 lights not the moon...

edit on 7-3-2011 by roughycannon because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
umm it's the moon.... lol@lights

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here's my first shot of the moon last year, I took 3 different timed exposures, 2 of them closer in time together where I saw a faint 'moonbow', or halo. The green is lens flare and it's not there. After I took this I saw a brilliant moon halo in Pittsburgh, but didn't have the camera ready, they seem to be more common there but it was also a bit colder too then. How about that, you can see stars too, I don't have any tracking or telescope, just a decade old digital camera.

A normal exposure no stars show up, kind of like the Apollo moon photos, no stars.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

I dont get what I'm looking at, I see 3 lights not the moon...

edit on 7-3-2011 by roughycannon because: spelling

The moon is the first light from the left (The object zoomed in on). Other 2 are flood lights. If you look closer you can also see a plane! YAY!

Also, I did not take this with a camera phone.

I requested something in my first post on this thread. If you have nothing intelligent to contribute, please use the back button.

Those Moon pictures are gorgeous!
edit on 7-3-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

How long was the exposure?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I wasn't really paying that much attention, I used just my mini tripe on top of a car, so I really didn't set up and just shot on a whim. I believe between 2 and 3 seconds IIRC.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ok, so I've been looking for the past hour or so since I saw this thread. I took this picture back in 2006 (?) of the moon. I am kicking myself SO hard for resizing all of the pics on my old desktop computer so that they'd take up less room!!
I had no idea at the time that ATS existed, and never thought anything would come of this at all.. but when I took this picture, and when it was at it's full detail, the little object just below and right of the moon (not the reddish circle to the bottom left) looked so strange, and alot more detailed! It was taken on a summer evening, so it could have been a moth or something way up, but we lived out in the country, and there wasn't much light pollution or anything.
Can anyone make out what this might be??

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Weeden, I don't intend to be insulting of anyone's equipment but at first thought my guess is the shape being of a seemingly different focus is an artifact created by dust near the lens, on the lens, or in the lens assembly, so my interest was piqued and I had a thought that maybe moisture on dust or a possible lens chip, (be it small as the shape is only about 18X34 pixels) could be the culprit. I was looking for a refracted image, a tiny copy inverted image of the whole.

Below I doubled the size and it appears to be a copy of the moon and the red (lens flare artifact?) turned 180º. I don't know if optics does such a thing.

The positions seem to bear the idea out.

You can scan through other pictures taken with the same setup to see if an artifact is present in others, might be hard to detect in scenic photos with more detail throughout. It could be from moisture on dust near the lens, I doubt it's something in space. Digital cameras can also develop 'digital holes' on their receptors that the manufacturer can repair.

Of course I don't have the expertise to explain if its possible for a lens flare artifact to be duplicated this way since one is in the lens assembly and not an image that external dust or moisture should see. I was just curious if that bright spot had a tiny red spot in a mirrored way and I believe I can see it, for whatever that may be worth. Maybe just more questions than an actual anomaly explanation. Besides the two hot spots, the rest could just be more highly distorted light from steeper refraction.

Curious image.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not at all sure, like I said I am kicking myself for "mass" resizing my folders, lol cause the original was so much clearer! It probably is dust or something, but I don't recall seeing that thing in any of the other pics I took that night, which is why it stood out to me..
It likely is something floating close to the camera I'm sure, dust, bug, whatever.. But it was sure neat when it was a full size!

Probably nothing tho

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredTom

Those Moon pictures are gorgeous!
edit on 7-3-2011 by AlteredTom because: (no reason given)

Thank you

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is an image I took on Feb 11.

The moon wasn't quite full but pretty close.

Equipment used was an 8" Newtonian dob mounted and Canon Rebel XT using prime focus equating to 28 times magnification. The image is a combination of the best of 30 to make a high dynamic range image.

I like all the moon images here and good job done by all.

Marsorbust

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marsorbust

Wow
I wish I had equipment that could get shots like that! Mine were done with a:

Fuji Digital Camera AX280
14Mp sensor with 5x optical zoom
28mm wide angle lens
2.7in LCD display
HD Image capture at 16:9 and video capture with sound at 720p
Scene Recognition Auto
Face detection with auto red eye removal and up to IS0 3200
5 x optical zoom

Not a bad little camera but would so love to have something much more powerful. And a telescope would be good too

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

Hi there,

It depends on what you are after. The cost can be quite reasonable starting out if you just want to take pictures of the moon, its very easy.

You don't need a fancy mount, it does not need a motor drive. I'll check out some links for you and post them here if you like for you to look into. Its no longer just a rich man/woman's hobby. It very pleasing way to enjoy the evenings as well providing the clouds stay away.

I enjoy looking at the cosmos, and its truly awesome being able to photograph it as well.

You have the camera, now you just need to make its eye a little bit bigger.(:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marsorbust

Yes please any info and links would be helpful. I'm quite new to photographing the sky and I have never owned a telescope or anything, it's normally things lower to the ground that I shoot, but I find the moon particularly beautiful. Its very mystical to me.
Thank you for your response

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join