It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic Tremor in Arkansas? Hope Not!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

They were both links from earlier on in the thread!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Give your baby a hug and a treat for going throught that for us. And thank you westcoast, Robin, puterman, and so many others for all of the time and effort you put into this so that those of us that are learning can better understand what is happening.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

That's still inconclusive regarding ALL seismic activity in Arkansas, that's it's due to supposed fracking. But it is helpful to support the idea that in some instances, seismicity can increase around disposal wells. I believe what we have here could be that a couple of disposal wells MIGHT of had something to do with a couple of smaller quakes directly around the disposal wells, but it still doesn't explain seismicity over the much wider area.

Could those small quakes have triggered the increased seismicity on the newly discovered extension of the fault? Maybe. But to me, doubtful. They're too darn small for triggering much of anything. I think the seismicity was due to normal forces, where it just so happens some fracking wells are...In this case.

I still don't like fracking though- not when it is causing the other problems, like getting chemicals into the water table.
And I DARN sure don't like the idea of them getting anywhere NEAR Yellowstone.

EDIT: Also, there was one thing in that article that was for sure important to note. That the newly determined fault length is capable of producing a 6.0. Well careful, because if it can produce a 6 with a KNOWN fault length, it may be able to produce one even larger if there are additional extensions of the fault still yet unknown.
edit on Wed Mar 9th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Where can I find all the quakes that I am reading about following Japans 7.3?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Ok, this is off the cuff, under the hat but here goes:
Scalar waves are produced naturally during an earthquake of considerable size if I am reading that correctly and as a result the components of the instrument fuse due to a strong current induced in them by the waves.

What if they can control and focus those waves pushing back on an area which would generate them on their own if an event took place.

Sort of a commutative property of earthquake physics:

Given that

earthquake X produces scalar wave Y

so if you can generate

Scalar wave Y inversely directed into potential earthquake area X

you get earthquake X

Any of that make sense to anyone? or am I too far in the wilderness?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

OMG!

You need to listen to this with headphones if possible to get the full affect

PLEASE NEVER do this - well certainly not the first time through anyway.. You should NOT listen to an earthquake sound file with headphones without knowing exactly what is in it.

Until you have heard the file once you have no idea what sudden noises are going to happen. The tendency is to turn up the sound in a quiet patch not realising that a big bang or sudden whistle is coming. That could damage your ears if you are wearing earphones.

Having said that - as I must - if you have vetted the file first without earphones then yes it does enhance the experience.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Sorry I don't buy this scalar wave stuff. Bearden for example has a patent for a motionless electric generator which supposedly will generate scalar power without an input however if you go and find the patent and read it this is not the case. Even in the patent documents it describes input power.

No fundamental scalar fields have been observed in nature, though the Higgs boson may yet prove the first example. However, scalar fields appear in the effective field theory descriptions of many physical phenomena. An example is the pion, which is actually a "pseudoscalar", which means it is not invariant under parity transformations which invert the spatial directions, distinguishing it from a true scalar, which is parity-invariant. Because of the relative simplicity of the mathematics involved, scalar fields are often the first field introduced to a student of classical or quantum field theory.

OK it's Wiki but... Emphasis by me.

I can't imagine that requiring a LHC in your back yard to identify the scalar field would be all that practical.

There are many kooks out there peddling this stuff, most of whom are trying to make money on books or documentation purporting to tell YOU how to do it, which means if it fails it must be something YOU did, and generally they rely on the energy from the magnets, which over time will wear down and *pouf* your free zero point energy generator fails.

It seems most odd that there are all these patents out there - and yes there are quite a few - but no one has come up with a working system. In the article you referenced it said that this would be producing power by 2002. Then there is a note in 2006 saying that was optimistic. It is now 2011 and?

Scalar energy does not zap seismos in my humble opinion however I would be happy to be proved wrong by a reputable source. Searching through the web I find references to this on Rense et al, but not one single site that one could call remotely reliable.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you for that. I did not like the pathways that train of though was taking.

That being said, I'm thinking that I could see this as being an outgrowth of the Philadelphia Experiment because you just know that a failure would only be a temporary setback to those playing around win that sort of technology.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Okay, good. I am actually relieved to learn that you aren't buying it. I personally can take from it however, one more thing to add to my list of unknowns. I mean, the whole energy burst thing makes sense to me....energy release is, after all what an earthquake is, except that the traditional means to measure it is by the what the energy causes as it travels through the ground, rather than the energy itself. Did that just make sense?

Okay...kinda along the same track, I finally got another response to my email with the USGS. I am not quite sure what to make of it. You need to read this from the bottom up, obviously, to get the sequence correct. After the first exchange, I attached all the screen shots of the odd signals that I posted on this thread. His response it....well, I am not sure what to make of it. Well, read it and tell me what you think:

Hi Tara

The images you attached for WHAR and WLAR look like small earthquakes. I am not sure what the signal is on HHAR. Please let me know if you see it again. The noise on WLAR on 3/7 looks like somebody doing work around the station. If you are not already signed up, you may want to consider signing up for the earthquake notification service, sslearthquake.usgs.gov... a service that will alert you to earthquake activity in your area. But please keep in mind that we have limited resources and may not have time to quickly process events of magnitude less than 2.

I hope this information is helpful.

Name

On 3/8/11 2:07 PM, :

Name,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this and respond. As to whether I was referring to the P waves showing up from the 6.6 quake at about 1900 CST, no those are not what I was looking at. I apologize for not being more specific. I am quite familiar with distant P waves (although they still get me excited every once in awhile). I took some screen shots of some of the stations (which show the GEE stations and times), so I will attach those to this email. Also, this following link will take you to an Arkansas helicorder which corresponds with one of the attachments (HHAR 2nd/3rd attachments) and clearly shows the signal: (starts at about 18:35UTC)

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Also, if you go to the following link and look at the past couple of days for Hobbs and White Oak Lake:

www.geology.ar.gov...

Specifically this one:

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu... (starting at about 15:15 UTC)

Some aquintances of mine have ran some spectograms and sound analysis on a few of these. It is by far very bizarre sounding. While there does not seem to be Harmonic tremors, (frequency is way too high) there are some harmonics of unknown origin.

I hope this helps, and also to let you know that residents about 15 miles west of Beebe are still feeling ground motion and even the very micro quakes.

Tara

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:34:40 -0600
Subject: Re: EHP Website Email - Arkansas area quakes
To:
CC: [email protected]

Hi Tara,

The network people here at the Center for Earthquake Research and Information at the University of Memphis, who look at far more seismic signals than I do, have informed be that the harmonic signals that you see are surface waves from earthquakes fairly far away, likely the M6.6 that occurred in the Solomon Islands (earthquake.usgs.gov...), assuming we’re looking at the same signals. Are the signals that you’re referring to those that are occurring around 19:00 CST in the following image?

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

Oliver

On 3/7/11 5:11 PM, " wrote:

URL: earthquake.usgs.gov...
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; MSN Optimized;US)

Hi there. I have some questions regarding several stations that I have been monitoring on GEE in Arkansas. The stations are AG.WHAR (center of the current swarm) AG.HHAR (Hobbs) and AG.WLAR (White Oak Lake) I am concerned about the recent (past day or so) activity being picked up on HHAR and WLAR. It is bizzarre, to say the least and at times almost looking similar to Harmonic Tremors. I just noticed that the most recent quake (2.7 centered near Greenbriar) actually showed up strongest on the HHAR station to the NW than it did on WHAR. I am have been in communication with a resident living just West of Bebee (SW of the swarm) who is feeling almost constant ground movement (she has video to confirm) and feels even the most micro of quakes...reporting them felt even before it shows up on GEE. I think that having those two injection wells stopped was a great step, but not the actual problem. I can't imagine that the USGS is not aware of the current activity occuring on all of these stations, as well as what is being felt on the ground. It would seem that something potentially major is brewing and I am very alarmed at the lack of ANY media coverage or communication between the USGS and local residents. Can you in any way tell me what is going on with these stations? Are you aware of this? Thank you very much for your time and consideration,
Tara

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Just found this old post card. Look at the caption on top!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26396cd3ffda.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Just found this old post card. Look at the caption on top!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26396cd3ffda.jpg[/atsimg]

Man, I just happened to run across this thread. But, I live in Hot Springs and I've honestly never heard of this place. I seached and found this link....www.hsnp.com... and even this youtube vid about a history channel show that came here, its weird....www.youtube.com...

I'm thinking about trying to go there tomorrow. I have a Dobermann that generally won't leave my side, so if there's something that cause's it to act funny I'd definately know. I'm interested to see what it might be. I'm also going to ask some of my other friends if they've heard of it or been to it.

But just 2 days ago me and a friend were talking about how Hot Springs is weird, and I can't explain it but it really is weird. I've always said it sucks the life from you, and a lot of friends say the same thing too which is weird again.

Also, if you ask just about anyone here why the water is hot and they will tell you it's because we sit on a volcano, and I even believed that till not long ago. Apparently our water comes from very deep in the ground and thats supposedly why it is so hot.

But, every where here steams when it rains, just about anytime of the year. Thats why they call it the "valley of the vapors". The mountains, roads, everything lets off a lot of steam when it rains. I wonder if water from very deep down would cause that consistently throughout town, although the springs are pretty localized.

The downtown area is a valley that does sort of resemble what could have been a volcanic crater, there are some pretty nice cross sections of rock in the downtown area where you can see the various layers at different angles.

I can take pics of anything people are interested in if I head to this Hell's Half Acre thing tomorrow. I'll check back on the thread to see if anyone has any particular requests.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would be really interested if you did go check it out and take some pics.

Wish I were there, would go with ya.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hi there,

are there any updates on this ???

many thanks

snoopyuk

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join