It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harmonic Tremor in Arkansas? Hope Not!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mountain_jim

OK someone check that huge crystal cave in Mexico and see if there are any seismo's near it and what they are reading and if they are singing. I have to head out in a few and won't be back for most of the day.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I found this on a site called Spirit Library
spiritlibrary.com...

Don't want to veer off into a discussion about channeling, but when I saw your post, the first thing that came to mind was this message from Metatron, channeled by Tyberonn, on Monday, 24 January, 2011
(posted 26 January, 2011) 4966 views

"And so we speak of the Crystalline Transition and its anchoring in the Crystalline Vortex of the sacred ARK.
The Vortex is Completing: The activity of the Crystal Vortex is quickening. We have told you in previous channels that the vortexial portal of Arkansas is emerging to be one of the most important and powerful energies on the planet. It has grown logarithmically over the past 3 years, and many unusual phenomenon are beginning to be noticed in the Crystal Vortex."

Seems like there's a possibility the seismic activity and this message may be aligned.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hey guys

I looked at the waveform and give it a listen with the best software i have, some of the spectrum results on this page don't really go into much depth so i hit it with the best one i have and it looks really interesting i'm not to clued up on what this mean or the subject in general but i do no my sound engineering & music production

Another thing i noticed was the first part of the audio actually just sounded like well just a radio signal but the very last part actually sounded like boulders falling underwater really odd, another thing was there was one solid pulse and you can see that from the peak of the spectrum analyser in the picture that kicks out from 21 - 22000Hz the rest of the time it just sits in the 21000Hz range with a clear cut, as i said tho i'm not to sure what if any of it means anything i just wanted to try and get up a more in depth spectrum analysis for you guys

Not sure why the image is not showing

Ummmmmm image FAIL

img14.imageshack.us...
edit on 8-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Glad to be of some help. Just to make sure that mods know this is on-topic to some degree
, that report gives a lot of detail about possible effects of a quake in the Arkansas region...

Now, back to your main point about Memphis. That city is a worry because of its low-lying position (relative to the river) and also and relatedly, because of the risk of soil liquefaction combined with the high population density and a large number of buildings that aren't really designed to withstand major quakes (or liquefaction events).

The USGS has some excellent info within its section entitled the Memphis Earthquake Mapping Project. On that linked page, there are further links to more specific data and maps that detail the various quake-related hazards for the Memphis region.

Any areas around there that have been artifically filled (ie "reclaimed" land) are basically unknown quantities because they're "geologically" so recent and so historic data is lacking, but I for one wouldn't want to be living on Mud Island, for example. In the event of a big quake that will be shaken pretty badly and I'd expect a lot of problems with the ground there.

The other problem with Memphis is that there is plenty of evidence in the region of the river changing course in the past. We could guess that most of the time this was due to natural flood events, but on the other hand a major quake might also affect the river's course or at least cause significant flooding. We only need to recall the tragic quake in Christchurch, New Zealand just a few weeks ago and the flooding there that resulted from liquefaction and distrubances to the ground water table.

These are the sorts of things that the researchers took into account when they considered Memphis. Frankly I suspect they were cautious in their estimates (which is fair enough), for the true outcome would be heavily dependant on so many factors, such as the time of year (in regards to river height and hence ground water levels), the time of day (with daytime on a weekday generally considered the worst), and even the specific hour of the day: a quake at peak hour in the morning would be very bad news indeed, as so many people would be on the roads or just arriving at work or school.

Much of these assessments would be applicable to other regions in the New Madrid fault region, and so studying the local conditions is well worthwhile for anyone who lives in that part of the US of A.

My hope is that things will stay quiet for a good long while yet, giving both the authorities more time to prepare and people and govt agencies to take action to retro-fit buildings and upgrade infrastrucures (where possible), in an attempt to reduce the potential impacts of any big quake.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
No idea what I'm reading about here... can someone tell the people who don't know, what is going on in this thread?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is in relation to herenow's post on page one about fracking. Fracking disposal sites have been temporarily suspened due to correllation with earthquakes. This may be another piece of the puzzle.

Fracking Disposal Sites Suspended

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gam3pr0

Geez the folks here were busy last night! - They thought they might have seen Harmonic Tremor (moving magma) show up on the instruments in AK. After running a few tests and running it through audio they quickly found out it was not HT (Harmonic Tremor)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Hey thanks for the attempt at the frequency analysis, but one of the inherent limitations in using an audio plugin type RTA for a DAW like Nuendo or Cubase is that they don't generally show the range from 0 Hz to 10 Hz. And I know you don't need it, cause in music production generally you high pass filter everything around 40 Hz or above. Or at least they used to. The rappers tend to disregard that so they can shake neighborhoods to death as they pass through in their cars.

But for seismology purposes, and particularly for seeing harmonic tremor, we need to see that range clearly. Cause the fundamental of ht will usually be from .5 to 5 Hz, with harmonics as multiples of its fundamental. I posted a link to a spectrograph picture of one earlier in the thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
could someone break this down for a layman? i am not understanding any of this but it seems of interest..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok guys and gals...like the poster above..can someone explain just what a harmonic tremor is and why it is bad? I know..use the search function and google it myself..but I would like to hear a "good" explanation from one of the resident experts, I trust what they have to say over googling etc...thanks!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

It looks like crust running along the area near Guy, Arkansas is about to suffer a catastrophic rupture event.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Maybe I'm missing something here. Are you telling me that the New Madrid region is...volcanic??? How did I not know this before? I took a Geology class last semester and this was never mentioned...

I think it is more than obvious that the government wants to keep this info a secret.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

Harmonic Tremor: A continuous release of seismic energy typically associated with the underground movement of magma. It contrasts distinctly with the sudden release and rapid decrease of seismic energy associated with the more common type of earthquake caused by slippage along a fault.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

True, but it might be important to also add that harmonic tremor is a special type of tremor that is mostly associated with volcanic activity, and has a distinctive signature on seismographs, as well as in frequency content. In addition to magma, gas and even water can cause one as well, as they rush through a tight opening, much the same way when you blow on the opening of a bottle and it "sings". Harmonic tremor usually occurs in the late stages prior to a volcanic eruption.

So what happened is I spotted something on a webicorder (seismometer plot) that looked similar to others I had seen, and posted it for frequency analysis. As expected, it did not turn out to be one.

If it had though, I am not sure what anyone would have done next, in the middle of Arkansas. But as others have pointed out with some recent articles, "dormant" volcanoes may only take months to become active, as opposed to the years or hundreds of years previously thought necessary. And that would be a bit of a surprise to most residents there- not to mention- dangerous.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So I mentioned earlier that I had written to the USGS about these odd signals. I heard back today from somone who seems to be taking an interest. I have now sent him many of my screen shots and links to correspoding helicorders.

I hope to hear back before the end of the day. At that time, I will share anything learned.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yes, I have been in contact myself with two, no actually three different people from USarray regarding readings received at TA.W40A and TA.X40A. The problem is the readings are showing higher amplitude at X40A, despite it being FURTHER away from the quake activity. And this is unusual. At first they tried to write it off as a problem with GEE. But when I showed them that their own published data agreed with GEE's readings- things took a bit of a turn.

They actually sent me some interesting screenshots of their own software they use, showing time aligned wave signatures which proved the observation of the increased amplitudes at X40A correct. So we were able to rule out instrument malfunction or miscalibration.

Basically they then told me that it would take an extensive study to conclude how this is possible, but that it is not unique. They have seen it occur in other areas, though it is unusual.

Well, I didn't have to look too far to find a possible reason for this oddity. Apparently there is a known huge magnetic anomaly along this basin- and it wouldn't be the first time things were "screwy" in the area.
edit on Tue Mar 8th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's 2:35 CST here and I felt a "thump" here, but hardly any Arkansas Seismic Network's Seismograph displays registered at the same time. Hmm?

There's been some weird sliding...in the last 2 hours.

At 2:36pm CST, I felt a rumbling -- something's shakin' up here.

I'll try to put some images up as soon as they are found.

Approx. Location - Woolly Hollow / Centerville area - Arkansas

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Thanks for that..it makes sense now!! Sorry for being dense!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks for all of the info!! You are light years over my head, good job!!

this is what I got googlin around..interesting story:

www.suite101.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be neat if the Earth just started swallowing up major cities like tasty snacks?

Let's face it - as a species, we're not doing any favors for the environment or other life forms.
I think we've just about worn out our welcome!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join