It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

idroid verizon user downloads echelon records and 9,000 apps!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That only worked in that rare instance.

I attempted doing it again, but it didn't work. My phone can't make phone calls unless the battery is in it, except for that one or two times that I had the battery in, and the socket charger in, but took out the battery whilst the batter charger was in, withou the battery in it. So that's pretty amusing stuff for me.

But, who knows, I'm not an expert in this technology, my understanding was that if you take the battery out, that the phone can't be used as a GPS whilst it's out of there, so no Satellite tracking, but they've probably gotten smarter since then.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The detail that the "iDroid" phone somehow downloaded "9,000+" apps is also highly indicative of this being a hoax...(over 9,000 is common net troll jargon)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
Are you dumb? You've never seen a movie where a CIA agent has one of those phones where it has all those files on it they use to hack computers or to store information for when the phone/memory device gets turned into the man in charge of the operation? These kinds of devices are real. Just ask any official CIA agent or military personnel that is high up in their field. They will tell you that these devices are real and they're not fake. If they're not impossible to make, then they are most likely already made so quit with your "FAKE" nonsense.

This is a cool story so let's thank the OP for taking his own time to write this and share it with us

Thanks OP! S&F!

This is the kind of thing that gives stars & flags a bad name. No, the guy is not "dumb," he just is technically astute enough to know such a massive number of files and apps cannot possibly fit into the memory of a phone. Watching a fiction movie where an actor playing a CIA agent "does that" does not make it true and it's just amazingly silly to trot what happens in movies to support your argument. Will Smith used an Apple computer to hack into an alien computer and set off a nuke in Independece Day, so it must be true.

One of the things ATS prides itself on is to "deny ignorance." To do that critical thinking is required. You don't engage critical thinking by believing every crazy idea that comes down the pike. OP might not know this, so I'm not accusing the OP of anything, BUT anything to do with "Project Camelot" is immediately suspect. If you'd read through their stuff and seen the insane things they have claimed, you'd know why. Serpo is just one. Camelot will believe ANYTHING, no matter how bizarre. They are not to be trusted. If you do, you're the one who is crazy.

Secondly, we all ought to know by now that information "from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy" is suspicious at best. There is absolutely no proof here that this ever happened. Nada. Zip. Zero. What has been presented so far proves nothing whatsoever.

So take these three things together. It is technically well-nigh impossible, especially on a garden variety Android sold for public use. It comes from a suspect source anyway, and it's fourth party hearsay with no corroboration at all. That all adds up to "dumb" alright. It's dumb to believe it and dumb to accept it. If there is anywhere on ATS that you ought to deny ignorance, it's right here.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
The detail that the "iDroid" phone somehow downloaded "9,000+" apps is also highly indicative of this being a hoax...(over 9,000 is common net troll jargon)

I totally forgot about that.

Over 9000 - Way to go Oprah

That is enough proof right there, also, Verizon doesn't have 9000 apps to download does it?

Hoax bin.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is NOT a hoax, it really happened! My next door neighbor told me about a friend he knew, who heard that his ex-boss knew of a guy who apparently spilled the beans about his cousin's client, who , for no apparent reason, spoke about an incident he heard two people talking about on a subway. They said, some guy, who heard about this story, a group of reliable people told, in a government building. Apparently, they over heard a conversation between two dog owners, whose mutual friend stumbled upon some information he found on a site that spoke about a guy who said that he heard the same thing. somewhere (cant disclose location). Apperently, this guy knows someone high up in an organization who mentioned a similar story, about some guy who somehow heard a phone conversation that made similar claims. There's no doubt in my mind that this is 100 percent legit.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And everyone lived
Happily Ever After !
The End

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
One thing aside from the size need for "9000+ apps" is that the article said that it started downloading stuff as soon as he activated it.

If it were you and your phone started downloading 9000 things dont you think you would of stopped it somehow before it ran you a mega bill?

if 9000 apps averaged 500kb then it would be over 2 gigs. Possible.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by boncho

my understanding was that if you take the battery out, that the phone can't be used as a GPS whilst it's out of there, so no Satellite tracking, but they've probably gotten smarter since then.

With microwaves your phone can send out a ping without a battery.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
well the project is no hoax en.wikipedia.org...
this web site is no hoax projectcamelotportal.com... and echelon well you be the judge on that one.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

That 1964 project is not the one cited here, which is a private affair.

this web site is no hoax projectcamelotportal.com...

Yes, it is a hoax. If you want to say "credulous" because these people actually believe what the spew, then that substitution is acceptable. It's fairly good entertainment, though.

and echelon well you be the judge on that one.

I don't think anyone here or elsewhere is denying that, but making up stories about it spilling its guts to a random android user is, well, fanciful at best
edit on 3/7/2011 by schuyler because: fix quotes

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
this web site is no hoax projectcamelotportal.com... and echelon well you be the judge on that one.

We aren't denying that a covert system of communications intercept does not exist. We are denying that this story (in particular)has any valid claims to it. Because it doesn't. It's BS, garbage, crap, nothing, nada, zilch, zero truth to it.
edit on 7-3-2011 by boncho because: specify

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hey guys did you hear, a secret space program exists so that means that when have travelled to Andromeda galaxy.

Oh, and they are studying black holes at CERN so that means we can make them and travel back in time.

Just saying....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky

Then, if this wasn't enough... he got the following message texted to his cell phone "we're watching you".

A few days later, realizing their mistake they somehow deleted the apps and dossiers from his phone and cleaned it of most everything except a few of his own contacts.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Pocky because: (no reason given)

1) Someone, who has the capacity to track and record and archive every move that a human being has ever made over its lifetime, accidentally downloads all of their data to some Joe Schmo's new phone.
2) They send him a message saying "We are watching you".
3) Then..."a few days later" they realize their mistake and delete the offending material.

???????????

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If only he'd bought the bloody Blackberry
all this could've been avoided or is that idroided ?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
" A few days later, realizing their mistake they somehow deleted the apps and dossiers from his phone and cleaned it of most everything except a few of his own contacts."

So the guy supposedly had these files for 3 days and yet he has no proof.. He didn't transfer any of the files to another computer or phone, no screen shots, no nothing.

And why would the CIA upload a bunch of Apps AND personal info on people? Alot of Apps are just a bunch of useless crap.

If there is ANY truth to this story, which I don't think there is, I would say some loser bought a new smart phone. Went home, got drunk and downloaded a bunch of Apps to his phone, probably uploaded some stuff from his PC. Then the next morning he woke up and was like "oh my gosh! where did all this info and apps come From!! It must be the CIA!"

Another internet fantasy. Add it to the countless others.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If I was with the CIA and someone had all of those secrets I wanted to keep secret, I would simply kill him and take the phone.

The end.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k

Jumped out at me when I was reading it. Someone's been lulzified - and rightly so too!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

could be alien tecnology---"cell" phone, just the name could conjure up anything w/the right/left brain logic!! good post-fuel for thought!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
OP I knew when I saw your name it was gonna be a project camelot link.
They NEVER offer proof to anything whatsoever.
If I told you I could hold my breathe under water for 1 week would you just believe me based on my word without a demonstration of my claims????
Why would you believe project camelot then???
They are entertainment and have ruined their credibility many times over by NEVER being able to offer any proof.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
you ready....??? you're liying

<< 1    3 >>

join