It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Labels Webster Tarpley a Marxist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I was looking up some information on Webster Tarpley (the historian for those who don't know who he is) and I came across something that seemed quite odd in my book and I would like for your opinion on it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49812f020d43.jpg[/atsimg]

When I googled his name I noticed that on the description of the Wikipedia page for him it said that he is a "Marxist historian"

Then when you go onto the Wikipedia page itself it doesn't even mention Marxist anywhere on his page

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c7bd6ccb216.jpg[/atsimg]

I just thought that its weird that Google would add words into the descriptions of a different website, especially the word "Marxist" that's a pretty bold label to place on someone.

For those of you who have never heard of him I put a video of him so you could hear him. He is a great historian and very insightful and I don't recall ever hearing him spew Marxist rhetoric. It would make sense that an American company would label a credible critic of the U.S. a Marxist.

Thoughts, opinions, just thought that this was weird and would like to see what y'all think. Google Webster Tarpley yourself and you'll find the same thing. I apologize in advanced for the big images as I did a screen shot so I could post it on here.

"Edit to add that I just googled his name again and it appears to have been fixed. I saw the Marxist thing a few days ago and I just got around to posting it."

edit on 7-3-2011 by elfulanozutan0 because: To change a photo

edit on 7-3-2011 by elfulanozutan0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It was most likely disputed and edited between two opposing editors over Wikipedia. I've had problems with people changing facts pertaining only to me and my families business over the site.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
he might be a marxist. all the more reason to believe he isnt saying things coz someone is paying him.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Google doesnt label anyone anything. It captures Wikipedia as it looked on a certain day. Then someone edited out the word "marxist" (anyone can edit Wikipedia to accord to their beliefs you know) and now there is a discrepancy.
Shows how easily information (and with it reality) can be altered on the Internet.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Google continues to develop its services and take people to the future

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Webster Tarpley is a cool dude. When you say Marxist do you mean how he interprets history? In which case he sees history as the product of bourgeoisie interests. I believe it is a valid way to interpret history. What did Margaret Meade say about small groups of people? That they are the only ones who will change things. Or something like that. I used to be weary of people who were labeled "racist", "Marxist", "blah, blah", and so on. I then realized that it is not a good idea to disregard someones opinion because they are labeled. You should watch Khaled Muhammed on the Phil Donahue Show or David Duke on the same show. You don't have to agree with everything they say. A person could say the wrong thing 90% of the time which might make you tune out and then you miss the 10% that was right. Does that make sense? Thank you

top topics

join