It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Dr Hawass Resigned

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
This is probably why most History is wiped out, as usual, Human greed.

The Egyptian economy is tanked.

People are stealing those things in order to feed themselves. Sure there is probably some organized looting, but most of it is opportunism.

No artifact is priceless when it is weighed against one's children or even one's own hunger.

Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Zahi Hawass Sentenced to Prison
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Antiquities chief Zahi Hawass sentenced to one year in jail

Zahi Hawass was sentenced to one year in jail Sunday for declining to fulfill a court ruling
Hatem Maher , Sunday 17 Apr 2011

Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs Zahi Hawass has been sentenced to one year in jail on Sunday for refusing to fulfill a court ruling over a land dispute. The Egyptian criminal court also said Hawass must be relieved of his governmental duties and ordered him to pay a LE1000 penalty. Hawass failed to adhere to a ruling in favour of his opponent over a land dispute when he was in charge of the Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA). The SCA appealed the court ruling, arguing that the land includes monuments and therefore should be treated as government-owned land. Hawass was recently re-appointed as antiquities chief in the newly-formed cabinet of Prime Minister Essam Sharaf.

english.ahram.org.eg...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Good! HawASS has been a narcissistic, ego-maniacal, self-aggrandizing headline-grabbing, selfish buffoon for too many years.

Off with his head! (that's what the Pharaohs themselves would likely demand if they were alive today).

Now, for how I really feel about the matter...

Oh, never mind. As usual, Zorgie has this one covered pretty well...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I must admit I enjoyed seeing most programmes that he was in, only one occasion where he tried to open the lid of a stone coffin with a crowbar did I wince, as it broke up into pieces. On that occasion he must have had gold fever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join