It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object beside the sun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Humm... I could not find a solid object... So, what could it be?

Something" stationed only above certin area's?
Something" that doesnt have a gravitaional effect on earth but is obviously really large?

"Forgive me for Im just speculating way out there."

Thanx man.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Well, the fact that I was unable to reproduce it (despite trying real hard) does not, in itself, prove that this was not a reflection...I would have to repeat the video with the vehicle that was originally used. But, yeah, based solely on my attempt, it's certainly possible that it was caused by a secondary source of light (not necessarily a physical/astronomical object similar to the sun, but, yeah, a light source that accompanied that of the sun and was not a reflection off the windshield).

To make up for that failure, here's some pictures I took of the sun through random things:

Through a pair of Solar Shield glasses.

Through regular tinted sunglasses.

Through the red side of a pair of 3D glasses.

Through the green side of the 3D glasses.

Through a black marker dot on some saran wrap over the lens.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Well I´m pretty sure that the object that appeared in the pic I took with my phone is caused by the phone.

But in the some of the vids I´ve seen it definately looks like there is an object.

If there is an object, it would have to be something like you described. Since it is not seen everywhere, everytime.

Is this possible, I don´t know, but I never rule out a possibility.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

It´s only a failure if you set out to prove a certain point.

You ruled out that it is a common, easy to reproduce anamoly.

I say good job.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by leeangqi

Originally posted by leeangqi

TO BE CONTINUED...

Please don't, there is no need to quote yourself 3 times just to bump previous posts that nobody cared about with an additional post nobody cares about. You are spamming the board and it is against T&C of the site.
edit on 8-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

From my perspective, it seems that your laser is casting one reflection off the surface of the water, while the actual beam shows striking the surface of the sink, which is submerged. I am interested in finding out how this would applyy to a windshield in broad daylight?
Also, the distance from the sun would seem to have no effect, as the effect is cast between the surface of the water and the bottom of the pool. If you were to say that the first surface casting the reflection changed distance between the bottom, then I could find that plausible.
Then again, I may be completely misunderstanding what you are trying to say. However, I have attempted to film/photograph the same image as presented in the OP's video, with no reproduceable effect. If I get lucky enough to catch a "second sun" I will definately be posting it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Demiwatt

I was attempting to view an osprey nest today, one that I have viewed each year for the past 5 years. The sun was off to maybe a 45' angle from the nest, but I found myself in tears while attempting to look at the nest due to the brightness of the sun. At the time I didnt think more of it other than that my eyes are failing me at a fairly young age. Had I not seen the posts here, I would not have thought more of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel
reply to post by CLPrime

From my perspective, it seems that your laser is casting one reflection off the surface of the water, while the actual beam shows striking the surface of the sink, which is submerged. I am interested in finding out how this would applyy to a windshield in broad daylight?
Also, the distance from the sun would seem to have no effect, as the effect is cast between the surface of the water and the bottom of the pool. If you were to say that the first surface casting the reflection changed distance between the bottom, then I could find that plausible.
Then again, I may be completely misunderstanding what you are trying to say. However, I have attempted to film/photograph the same image as presented in the OP's video, with no reproduceable effect. If I get lucky enough to catch a "second sun" I will definately be posting it.

The laser-sink experiment doesn't apply to the windshield. In fact, just a couple posts ago, I mention trying to recreate the windshield effect with my own vehicle and I was unable to.

And, in the case of the pool video, the distance to the sun certainly does have an effect. To make the secondary reflection move, you have to move relative to the light source - to make the secondary reflection pass the main reflection you have to move past the light source. However, with the sun being so far away, you can't move to a spot where you're past it. (Well, technically, you could, but you'd have to move to the other side of the planet.)
With the distance being so huge, the distance you have to move to make the secondary reflection move is also huge. In the small size of the pool, the movement of the secondary reflection isn't noticeable.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am gonna start by stating that i don´t believe in nibiru and i don´t like how that word is being used&abused by everybody. If there is ever a brown dwarf or something to be found in our solar system we should give it another name

Anyway, i registered just because of this ´issue´. For the past 3 months we can see something strange in the sky, with the naked eye, all around the planet. Since i am seeing it almost every day (Netherlands) i consider myself an expert on this subject and i wanted to share some interesting thoughts.

First of, all yt videos showing large sun and a small dot are FAKE. They are really not worth our time, even debunking them is worthless. The ´object´ visible to all is the same size as our full moon. Don´t forget that our Sun (without the rays) when being observed from earth seems approx. the same size as a full moon. I say this because there are only two options / an object next to the sun or our own sun looking weird and resembling the moon. Those are the only two options, no lens flares, no nibiru, no jupiter, no venus, nothing else.

The reason i came to this conclusion is because we see it here everyday when the weather is cloudy. Sometimes it seems there is something else besides the lightsource (sun) and sometimes it seems that the round object we see is the only one producing light but strangely not the kind of light we are used to see looking at the sun. It is more of a whiteish-blueish (moon) than yellow-orange (sun) light. It also absolutely doesn´t hurt the eyes while watching and there are no problems with the camera lens - real sunlight does both .

I have so much more to share, but since this is my first post i´m gonna throw in a few links which are all the real deal in my opinion. Maybe you guys can tell me what this is and why it looks this way ...

ps. don´t mind all the strange opinions of the authors about what they think it is, it IS really strange to observe this phenomenon.

link1

link2

link3
edit on 3-11-2011 by Exitt because: tech. prob.

edit on 3-11-2011 by Exitt because: extra thought

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join