It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object beside the sun?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by yets777
reply to post by pazcat

. dont u find it at least abit strange . and for all our minds can comprehend it could be a 5-dimensional planet shifting back.

Not at all, this is what happens when you point cameras that were not designed to handle intense light through their optics at the sun, things go wrong. The optics and the sensors are in overload and try to disperse the light as best they can.
Why would a 5th dimensional planet that pops in and out for a bit(lol) only seem to be visible when people point crappy cameras at the sun?

This is just sound logic. If someone really wants to prove us wrong, and prove that the draco-reptilian-alien-gods from Chubakapra are on there way here in a mystical star=planet=ship, the least they could do is gather some evidence as opposed to YouTube videos.

I will spell it out to anyone that believes this:

Go get a SLR camera with proper filters that let you photograph the sun, set up a tripod and take pictures all day long. Bring back the evidence.

or

If you don't want to invest in the camera just yet, grab a welding mask and sun-watch all day. If you find mystical Nuburatu I will buy you the camera.

edit on 7-3-2011 by boncho because: format issue

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

what i fear is that one of your laser dots is the beam reflecting off of the water and the other is the beam hitting the bottom of the sink.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by CLPrime

what i fear is that one of your laser dots is the beam reflecting off of the water and the other is the beam hitting the bottom of the sink.

That's what I'm saying it is, because that's what I think is causing the double reflection in the pool.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I tried to get a look at the sun today, but I too found it to appear far brighter than usual. I couldn't even look at it with my sunglasses on (when in the past it hurt to glance at, but always seemed bearable to me). Maybe it's just the time of year, or because of the snow, ...or something, but I can hardly remember it ever seeming so bright. I'll try and give it a look in the reflection of my car's windshield tomorrow if I remember, this thread has me intrigued. Reporting in from the US Midwest.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: grammar

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The Sun today at 2:30 p.m. from Berkeley, CA

It was very big and very bright, I could only glance at it for a millisecond.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

If our system is binary, the other star would have to be a planetary object and not a star, (because we can't see it) and... it has never been seen. So how would the orbit change to a point where we could see it.... up close.... next to the sun?

Well as for not seeing a star, a brown dwarf would definitely be difficult to view without infrared... a red dwarf would show visible light when approaching but if it was coming in at an orbit that falls below our plane of view. How close do you suppose a brown dwarf or red dwarf star would need to be before you can see the light from it. So I wouldn't necessarily consider the appearance of it as a change in orbit but rather it is reaching its closest point before it travels away for another few thousand years. Also, your claim of "never have been seen" seems very silly. I am sure all the references to a celestial object (Star,planet, call it what you want) from 1000's of years ago is enough of a give away.

While the discovery of planets outside our solar system is becoming more common, only a tiny fraction of these planets have been found to orbit stars which themselves are in binary or multiple systems. This is simply because in these systems, there is little room between the stars for planets to form.

I agree that the above text makes a lot of sense, but there are certain binary systems where the suns closely orbit in an elliptical fashion and each contain planetary systems. NN Serpentis is a prime example of this. The binary stars did not always orbit so closely to each other but as one companion began to burn out the orbital passing became closer.

Research at the binary institute proposes that "If the companion acted like a planet orbiting our sun, and the orbit periodicity was close to the precession periodicity, then standard calculations would put our binary counterpart somewhere between 848.5 AU and 1515 AU depending on its mass and eccentricity." Meaning its orbit could lay about 0.0134172107 Away. This is assuming the orbit is more rounded rather than elliptical.

Let us pretend that T4 represents something similar to the orbit of our binary companion. At the furthest point it resides 0.013 Light years away, it is dull... shines mostly in the IR spectrum. The orbit of the should be thought of in a 3D perspective, coming first "beneath" our plane of view. First appearing south of the sun but still not at its closest point of orbit. Then progressing behind the sun for a period of time and emerging in the north. The star is being pulled closer (faster) to our sun before it whips away.

Now please take this time to understand that I am not saying that I 100% believe the object in this thread is this binary companion. I never said that at all. All I said was that it is VERY likely we do have a binary companion of some form. Do a little more research (and ignore all the Nemesis,Planet X, DOOM DOOM stuff) and scientific evidence is mounting in its favor.

Sirius A and B - Distance Apart 0.0004 Light Years.

Imagine what that would look like if you lived there.

But after all, this is just my humble opinion and I accept all constructive/intelligent criticism you have to offer on the subject.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I agree that the above text makes a lot of sense, but there are certain binary systems where the suns closely orbit in an elliptical fashion and each contain planetary systems. NN Serpentis is a prime example of this. The binary stars did not always orbit so closely to each other but as one companion began to burn out the orbital passing became closer. Research at the binary institute proposes that "If the companion acted like a planet orbiting our sun, and the orbit periodicity was close to the precession periodicity, then standard calculations would put our binary counterpart somewhere between 848.5 AU and 1515 AU depending on its mass and eccentricity." Meaning its orbit could lay about 0.0134172107 Away. This is assuming the orbit is more rounded rather than elliptical.

I am not denying that we could have a binary partner to the Sun. What I am denying is that people would see it using crappy camera equipment.

And do you know what an AU represents? It is 150 million km. So you can times that by 845 and 1515.

Does our hypothesized binary partner have any chance of getting near us and being planet Nagaku? No.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Sirius A and B - Distance Apart 0.0004 Light Years. Imagine what that would look like if you lived there. But after all, this is just my humble opinion and I accept all constructive/intelligent criticism you have to offer on the subject.

I'm going to assume you chose lightyears to represent this distance so it *seemed closer. But they are still anywhere from 1.5 to 5 billion kilometres away.

I appreciate that you like the science behind discovering new objects in the sky, but it should be used to quash the irrational ideas that Niwiri is on its way and in our skys, not add to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin9258

not that hard to find..

here is a shot of something in the bottom right hand corner of the sun from the SOHO sight..

july 31st 2004

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If it is a second sun, I can finally realise my dream of standing on a mound of sand and staring out at the 2 of them setting, whilst 'Binary Sunset' from the Star Wars soundtrack plays!

Seriously though, if it is, it should be harmless, and I certainly can't see it being a planet full of lizard men or an asteroid heading for us Armaggedon style.

I'm inclined to run with the theories on it being bad cameras that have been discussed here.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The best video is the one taken in negative, where the Sun is the big black mass bottom center and there is definitely a dim round brown object a few centimeters above it, which is definitely not lens flare.

The object maintains its position regardless of camera movement and zooming.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I just "played" stellarium at 4x normal speed,
and where I am, the moon is rising right now, almost with the sun.
Other parts of the world I imagine it would probably rise right with it.
Maybe that?

I dunno..
Interesting though..
but really, if this is the moon we are going on about..
we should probably figure that out first. lol

Where are these videos shot from?

Sorry if i missed it.
good chance I did. lol

edit: Venus is also rising really "close" with Sol right now.

edit on 8-3-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

A simply way to look at the sun is one we did when I was little and the family wanted to view a sun eclipse.
Just get a piece of glass and a candle. Hold the burning candle under the piece of glass and let the soot blacken the glass. Burn a bit extra towards on site so the glass is a bit blacker on one side. Now you can look at the sun and cancel out lens flares,glass flares, reflections etc because the soot give it a matt finish.
I took a picture of the sun when i did notice something. Just go ahead and try it

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Im in north east PA and its early morning, i can see something bright and yellow in the sky when all other stars are barely visible. Is this it?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This subject has beeen driving me nuts !! Iv been taking video and stills at all different times and also came up with weird stuff but inconclusive. Must try different equipment. Welders mask next so i look straight at it myself. Curiosity is killing me tho...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ricwolt

A simply way to look at the sun is one we did when I was little and the family wanted to view a sun eclipse.
Just get a piece of glass and a candle. Hold the burning candle under the piece of glass and let the soot blacken the glass. Burn a bit extra towards on site so the glass is a bit blacker on one side. Now you can look at the sun and cancel out lens flares,glass flares, reflections etc because the soot give it a matt finish.
I took a picture of the sun when i did notice something. Just go ahead and try it

Good idea for a post, here are a couple more easy to build solar viewer designs.

How to Make a Simple Solar Viewer

and...

Build a solar viewer

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
China

Belgium

England

Thailand

Libya(1:52min)

Mayan elder Don Alejandro gives message about the second coming of the Sun

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

TWO SUNS in the sky prophecy by ancient sumerian

I justtt...hate their g_ds

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Or you can just buy the glasses for next to nothing.

www.rainbowsymphonystore.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Australia:

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join