It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Glowing Spiral Sighted in a Remote Star System

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well if you guys really think its connected to the norway spiral, keep in mind rockets still fire in the vacuum of space, since they carry their own propellant.

I think its a hell of a lot more likely what the article/OP said with stars rotating and shedding material since each band is a lightyear apart or whatever it was.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Klassified

Kind of looks like the spiral that showed up over Sweden a while back.

Norway

Yes alot like it

Maybe... just maybe, this was the other end of the Norway Spiral/Wornhole

I think this is also a very real possible explanation for the Norway Spiral also

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This same picture/thread has been posted about 4 times already!
do you guys search before you post?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Nope

How would we know what to search for ?

I guess not everybody has alot of time on there hands and just clicks the popular topics or whats on the front page

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

referring to the OP who posted the thread...not to the people talking in here. thats all

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's the problem with astrophysicists and such - they really don't practice science.

It's a standard formation of highly charged plasma pushed into glow mode. Plasma accounts for 99%+ of the universe. Any plasma in motion creates a standard current, and a charged plasma is an electric effect. Where's there is an electric effect/current, there's magnetics. Standard formations at all scales (atoms to molecules, water, clouds and hurricaes, solar systems to galaxies), all reflect these simple properties that have been known since the early 1900s.

All the nonsense about reflected light (or worse yet, dark matter/dark energy or blackholes) - when will they stop creating equations to prop up their failed hypothesis in direct violation of the Scientific Method?

www.thunderbolts.info

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Official report might be: Nothing to see here. It's just an alien missile spinning out of....scratch that! There are no aliens in this universe....it's a comet....yeah, that's it, a comet, a comet spinning out of control!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hmmm. I wonder what a black hole looks like once it has absorbed all the stars and planets in a galaxy? Perhaps this is what is left.A spiral of atoms or plasma being sucked from space into the vortex. I dont think I have ever heard of an explanation from anyone about what happens to them when there is nothing left to absorb.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here's a similar image from NASA's Astronomy picture of the day site, but of a couple of galaxies instead. Yes quite a bit different but also similar.

apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If you watch a single nozzle garden sprinkler from the top in slow motion, you'll get the same effect.

There could be a hidden massive object in there like white dwarf, accreting and jetting gas and is wobbling at its axis creating the spiral jet pattern. The fact that we're seeing the spiral pattern is that the jet is either pointing directly towards us or the opposite direction.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I like the theory of a it being the back door of a black hole. Eventually this matter should consolidate and become the origins of a new galaxy or multiple galaxies. The spiral makes sense since the matter would be leaving a very high gravity state into a no gravity state.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

This gave me a brainer

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

As a matter of fact, I did! Extensively too. Were they posted before mine? And if they were, thats annoying. Because I should have found them after going through two pages to make sure I wasn't duplicating.

BTW. No need for snippiness. Not everyone posts without looking first.

ETA: Care to post links to those other threads? I just did another search, and nothing came up. However, if this is true. Please alert a mod. It won't hurt my feelings.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, it's obviously Narnia

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

First time I've seen it.

a) I don't sit on ATS all day long

b) I don't go searching for stuff I wouldn't even have thought of searching for

So me me it was a good post.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
My "writer's mind" came up with a wild idea that I'm sure others here have stated. I didn't read every post, but did read the first page and scanned the rest, so please forgive if I restate.

What if the Norway spiral had been a test of a new dimensional technology? What if we created a micro-wormhole in our atmosphere? What if the other half of that experiment was responsible for finding where the Norway spiral tunneled to? If so, certain astronomers might have been secretly included in the experiment. Would be interesting to learn WHO discovered this. It might have been one of the astronomers who were "in on it" or an accidental find. Either way, the end-location of a wormhole created here on earth has been discovered.

Here in the last year or so, NASA has been releasing information that is truly astounding. Just a couple of examples (and there are of course many more): 1) antimatter discovered being generated above earth thunderstorms; 2) electro-magnetic portals of energy connecting the earth and sun in 8-minute windows.

It's not far-fetched to think that top secret tech might have been invented that harneses these AWESOME powers that are apparently all around us. If, somehow a dimensional "STARWAY" portal had been created over Norway, it wouldn't be too outlandish, perhaps, to think that *someone* here has the power to send craft from this planet to distant parts of our galaxy/universe/multverse. Maybe the Starway remains intact long enough to allow for the short exploration of an area before returning home. Maybe the Starway can be opened at anytime, allowing for longer expeditions.

Depending on how long such tech has been in existence, we might have colonies on other planets already. If so, maybe all of the dozens of thousands of people (in the US alone) who go missing every year, maybe some of them end up on colony ships for other planets. Maybe one of the reasons for the blood drives --constantly going on everywhere it seems-- is to get more fresh DNA for cloning projects that supply clones for colonization projects.

Okay, sheer, outlandish writer's speculation. But, wouldn't it be kind of neat if it were true? And scary? It is **possible** --however unlikely in the extreme. Still...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Very interesting!!! The only Idea I can come up with is charged gases moving through a magnetic field.....but what could make a magnetic field that is light years across beats the heck outta me!! LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Quite interesting. A little speculation never never hurt anyone. And besides. Sometimes, truth really is stranger than fiction.

I have some pretty wild ideas of my own. I personally believe the Mahabharat might just be more fact than fiction. And the technology you're speaking of has been around a long, long time.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I just looked this up online...apparently they've figured it out! Or at least they claim to have.
Here is the link.

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Universe 1
NASA 0

Funny how they have an explanation that makes sense until they talk about the 800 year orbit of the binary companion. An object that follows an 800 year orbit shouldn't be so far away from the other star... should it? I like the Stargate/Wormhole theory personally, but its too illogical right now to jump aboard.

I want to thank the posters who replied to this thread with links/information on Plasma Cosmology. Very informative and I feel it models a better understanding of the Universe than current mathematical hypothesis. (Black Holes...Never thought they made very much sense... let alone the super-massive ones)
edit on 8/3/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join