It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Glowing Spiral Sighted in a Remote Star System

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

None of the world's experts no what the strange spiral structure on the left is.
And I'm not surprised. THAT is freaking odd as hell! WOW!
I've never seen anything like that, it appears to be a phenomena never seen before. Thanks for sharing, this will be interesting to see what conclusions are made about this.

EDIT:
reply to post by Abductee001

A photograph of a weird cosmic spiral in deep space taken by the Hubble Space Telescope is no trick of light ? it's astrophysics in action, scientists say.

The cosmic pinwheel snapshot released this week by the Hubble science team shows "one of the most perfect geometrical forms created in space," Hubble scientists said in a statement. [Hubble's amazing celestial spiral photo.]

The photo shows an unusual pre-planetary nebula called IRAS 23166+1655 as it is forming around the dust-shrouded star LL Pegasi in the constellation Pegasus.
Haha, well there we go. Explained in the first reply. You could have let the mystery last a bit longer.

edit on 7-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Chances are we have seen many of this type of thing out there, but not so perfectly 90º polar though. I could imagine how this would look at any different angle, and we get a vantage point that's just one chance in 360 others (in whole numbers). We probably couldn't piece this structure together like this if we had a much different angle, or take much notice of it to try, and it might not be so perfectly uniform looking at a different perspective. I wonder if the center is the closer or further point, assuming this may be a conical vortex shape.

The cosmos never ceases to amaze me.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2011 by Illustronic because: some goofy errors

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Persaps its a very slow moving pulsar ejecting particles at a very slow rate of speed... idk just a thought

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
hm.. what is so hard to explain here?

Given the expansion rate of the spiral gas, a new layer must appear about every 800 years, a close match to the time it takes for the two stars to orbit each other.

One of the stars in the binary system is sheding matter, and as the stars orbit each other, the spiral is created. It can be explained pretty easily, IMHO.

ya.astroleague.org...
edit on 8/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
NASA is on drugs !! Why and how do they come up with the lamest explainations. Do they think we are all fools and just totally stupid or are they just real stupid and have no idea whats going on. I give up !

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
SWAMP GAS yes yes hey NASA thats what it is ...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
SWAMP GAS yes yes hey NASA thats what it is ...

Uhhh what is it then? Or are you seriously saying it's not what has been claimed it is?

I bet it's the other end of the norway spiral huh! And whoever went thru it is floating on waving back at us hundreds of lightyears before they left!

oO

edit on 8/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Come on guys, we all know its the rocket that was seen above Norway last year!

Pfffft

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
It is clearly an ICBM "Bulava" missile failure!

S&F.

lmao

could be though!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

why is it odd that nobody knows what it is?

humans dont know everything infact as far as space and the universe goes we know almost nothing

i wouldnt make guesses as to what it is because we dont even know if the science fictional theories you suggested even truly exist (wormholes, stargates etc etc)

its a phenomenon and completely normal that nobody knows what it is

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Thanks for the links. I was hooked on the first link, and had to scan through till the end. I am tired.

I will check out the other links later.

What an eye opener.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
You should contact Tauristercus, Phage, and Weedwhacker. Between those three, they seem to know everything that Universe has to hold...

How about another Russian missile failure. Or or or...swamp gas. Wait, wait...it could be possibly be "chinese lanterns" released for the purposes of "a mass hoax." Or, a pack of birds who were freaked out by "FIREWORKS..."

Nah...its clearly an airplane with its landing lights on reflecting off of Venus.

But seriously though...how about a pack of flying chimpanzees with illuminated headlamps on their foreheads singing "Nighttrain" by Guns and Roses. That's clearly more logical than it being a "spiral galaxy" in the process of formation.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What if thats what the other end of a black hole looked like? although I highly doubt thats what it is

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What if its a wormhole?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Swamp Gas must have drifted in front of the lens just before it snapped this picture. That, or it was light refracting off a Chinese lantern.

Case closed.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Well it makes you think about it since it looks like the one from sweeden.

The one in space could be the entrance and the one on earth the exit.

BTW A-Dub where are you from?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

why is it odd that nobody knows what it is? humans dont know everything infact as far as space and the universe goes we know almost nothing

I answered this on the first page, Silicis.

i wouldnt make guesses as to what it is because we dont even know if the science fictional theories you suggested even truly exist (wormholes, stargates etc etc)

The wormholes and dimensional doorways was a funny. Not meant to be taken seriously.

its a phenomenon and completely normal that nobody knows what it is

Well, it is a phenomenon.
But even Astronomers say its unusual.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I'm going to to say what I think a lot are thinking - but not writing (just to add some spice).

This spiral connects to the spiral that formed around Trondheim, Norway last year (which some agencies claimed was a Russian missile test) forming a wormhole circuit. The spiral is located in the Pegasus system, which is best known as the flying white horse of the heavens from ancient myth, this may be a "revealing hint" at it's "magical flight" abilities that the myth seeded down in our history books by design. According to the Mayan's there was something about a flying winged serpent arriving in 2012 that would change everything. Maybe they are all connected in some way exciting, or maybe not at all. Let's hope it's exciting, we don't need a boring future forever.

\/

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Most definitely there are cosmic alligators dancing in the heavens. yup. The swamp gas is from all the possum they consume.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It is interesting and it could be anything.

If a member from ATS found this using a telescope, NASA would call us conspiracy nuts and state that the evidence is not tangiable enough.

Well, NASA...your a group of conspiracy nut jobs and we at ATS would like more evidence and facts.

Annoying isn't it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join