It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Kabbalah. On Esoteric “Secrets.” A Luciferian Perspective. On the Prophet of the New Aeon

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Anus means what you state but it also means the season cycle, the year, it is the main description.

anus
N M
|year (astronomical/civil); age| time of life; year's produce

The rest are derivatives of it.

The Latin translator at the top of the aggregator is obviously incorrect as every other translator gives the correct defintion. Notice further down the completely contradictory defintion. You can not use a source that contradicts itself and expect to be taken seriously. Well, maybe from your challenged track record, you do.

But let's take another Latin dictionary.

For the main description of the dictionary for the word anus:

www.latin-dictionary.org...
N M

As you can see it's the main description. Also Identical, thank you

That is the same damn translator from the aggregator. Look at the name of it (JM Latin Dictioanry) and stop trying to be dishonest by passing it off as another.

Anus comes in turn from IE: AN-O ANO AN.
Atnos is composed of two elements AT and NOS, AN=AT in IE AN also=ON TO. AN-O = cycle season, it is clear where the name comes from and that atnos is a mix of these since they all bare close resemblence.

Your opinion is incapable of rewriting historical evidence that proves you wrong. The Proto Indo European lexicons are all peer reviewed, published and accepted as correct and are all very clear on the word origins. Perhaps you should write to these people and inform all of them of the glaring error that your 'opinion' caught. Maybe they will send you a royalty check for your magnificent research.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

That is the same damn translator from the aggregator. Look at the name of it (JM Latin Dictioanry) and stop trying to be dishonest by passing it off as another.

It's another site, it's the same translation because it's what it means.

site number one:
www.babylon.com...

site number two:

It's the same description because it's what it means as in the main description.

Your opinion is incapable of rewriting historical evidence that proves you wrong. The Proto Indo European
lexicons are all peer reviewed,

I don't think it does, you see your AT-NOS is made out of two words, into one word as it's not a whole.
AT comes from AN.

I am not making it up, AN=AT in proto IE.

mysite.verizon.net...
An
On, at

Atnos is made of two components, AT and NOS.
AT=TO.
AN=TO

www.utexas.edu...
Latin: an- pfx on, to

It's where the word comes from, it was anus then annus, atnos mixed with an, an-o.

Same for English.

Old English: an/on adv/prep/pfx (up)on, in, at, onto

Now for your AT

Etymology

From Middle English at (“at, toward”), from Old English æt (“at, near, by, toward”), from Proto-Germanic *ata, *at (“at, near, to”), from Proto-Indo-European *ad (“to, near, by”). Cognate with North Frisian et, it (“at”), Faroese at (“at, to, toward”), Norwegian åt (“to”), Swedish åt (“for, toward”), Icelandic að (“to, towards”).

edit on 14-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It's another site, it's the same translation because it's what it means.

site number one:
www.babylon.com...

site number two:

It's the same description because it's what it means as in the main description.

You are outright lying. It is the same site, both of them are the Babylon website. It is in the header on both webpages.

I don't think it does, you see your AT-NOS is made out of two words, into one word as it's not a whole.
AT comes from AN.

No one cares what you think. You may think about reinventing language but it will not make it so. The Proto Indo European lexicon is peer reviewed. You need to refure it with more then your opinion.

I am not making it up, AN=AT in proto IE.

mysite.verizon.net...
An
On, at

Atnos is made of two components, AT and NOS.
AT=TO.
AN=TO

www.utexas.edu...

It's where the word comes from, it was anus then annus, atnos mixed with an, an-o.

Wrong. Even your own source indicates they are two different words as they have 'ano' (ring) listed seperately. Stop making things up.

Same for English.

Firstly, your English is just as horrific as your Latin. Secondly, WE ARE NOT DEBATING THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF WORDS, ONLY LATIN. Pay attention.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You are outright lying. It is the same site, both of them are the Babylon website. It is in the header on both webpages.

It's two different sites, they may be connected, I have no Idea, but the deal is you can see the description.
The description is year, season cycle.

No one cares what you think. You may think about reinventing language but it will not make it so. The Proto Indo European lexicon is peer reviewed. You need to refure it with more then your opinion.

It's made out of two words, it's not what I think, it's fact, made out AT that is AN and Nos. The word is AT-NOS from two words.

Wrong. Even your own source indicates they are two different words as they have 'ano' (ring) listed seperately. Stop making things up.

Not really ano is connected to an, it is also spelled AN-O with a separation.

An
On, at

An
This, that

An-, ano-, no-
Up to, toward (prefix)

Firstly, your English is just as horrific as your Latin. Secondly, WE ARE NOT DEBATING THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF WORDS, ONLY LATIN. Pay attention.

My English is just fine, otherwise you could not understand me, we are not writing an exam, as for impressing, I don't intend to impress you with my English.
As for other things, It's Latin smart guy can't you see the translation, it's from IE to Latin.

What it means in latin

What it means in Enlgish, same thing as in Latin.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

It's two different sites, they may be connected, I have no Idea...

You do have an idea. They are the SAME site. Stop lying and trying to present fasle evidence. It is dispicable and shameful.

It's made out of two words, it's not what I think, it's fact, made out AT that is AN and Nos. The word is AT-NOS from two words.

Who cares? It still means two different things.

Not really ano is connected to an, it is also spelled AN-O with a separation.

Stop lying. Anyone can check your sources:

Ano, sano
Ring

What it means in latin

What it means in Enlgish, same thing as in Latin.

No one cares if 'an-' equals 'to'. I see nothing there about 'an-' equalling 'time' which was your originally flawed arguement. When will you post some evidence?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You do have an idea. They are the SAME site. Stop lying and trying to present fasle evidence. It is dispicable and shameful.

It's a Latin dictionary, it's not false evidence, it's the description of the word, the main one, as the second dictionary shows this, that it is the main description.
You are deluded.

Who cares? It still means two different things.

In your imagination it does.

Stop lying. Anyone can check your sources:

I am not lying, ano is bounded to an, can't you see they are grouped ?

No one cares if 'an-' equals 'to'. I see nothing there about 'an-' equalling 'time' which was your originally flawed arguement. When will you post some evidence?

it what AT means, it's where it comes from, from AN. It's not a flawed argument.

Remember:

An-, ano-, no-
Up to, toward (prefix)

There is your AT.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It's a Latin dictionary, it's not false evidence, it's the description of the word, the main one, as the second dictionary shows this, that it is the main description.

It is the SAME translator. The website header proves this. Stop lying and presenting false evidence of it being two different sites.

You are deluded.

Better than dishonest.

In your imagination it does.

If by 'my imagination' you mean the dictionary, then yeah, I agree.

I am not lying, ano is bounded to an, can't you see they are grouped ?

They are 'grouped' because they start with the letter 'A'. Also, one is a PREFIX, the other is a word. Notice the hypen '-'? That means 'prefix', not word.

it what AT means, it's where it comes from, from AN. It's not a flawed argument.

Remember:

An-, ano-, no-
Up to, toward (prefix)

Yup. Nothing about 'time' there. You keep posting that, no one is convinced (not even you I bet).

edit on 14-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It is the SAME dictionary. The website header proves this. Stop lying and presenting false evidence of it being two different sites.

It is a Latin dictionary, the description of the word states clear what the word implies.

Better than dishonest.

I don't see how I am dishonest, if what you state is true then even better, it shows that it is the main derscription from the same dictionary.

N M

They are 'grouped' because they start with the letter 'A'. Also, one is a PREFIX, the other is a word. Notice the hypen '-'? That means 'prefix', not word.

No they are grouped because they share the same notion, they are grouped and apart also.

Yup. Nothing about 'time' there. You keep posting that, no one is convinced (not even you I bet).

It's what AT means to, towards.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It is a Latin dictionary, the description of the word states clear what the word implies.

It is still the same one on the same site. Not two different ones.

I don't see how I am dishonest...

What are you, two? Because you are trying to pass off the same source as MULTIPLE sources. It is called lying.

...if what you state is true then even better, it shows that it is the main derscription from the same dictionary.

It is better, because it shows everyone how dishonest you are and that it does not matter how low you will go to try and make your point.

No they are grouped because they share the same notion, they are grouped and apart also.

A PREFIX and a WORD are two different things. Learn the difference.

It's what AT means to, towards.

I still see nothing about 'time' in the defintion. Maybe you can relink the same site a few more times to try and buttress your point.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It is still the same one on the same site. Not two different ones.

first , It's a different adress, as in a http address, second it holds the description of anus.
It's a Latin Dictionary.

What are you, two? Because you are trying to pass off the same source as MULTIPLE sources. It is called lying.

It's the second result that has a search function from latin dictionary, from google.
What matters is that it's a Latin Dictionary.

It is better, because it shows everyone how dishonest you are and that it does not matter how low you will go to try and make your point.

I don't see how I'm dishonest, dishonest would mean to forge the results into the dictionary, to add something else.

A PREFIX and a WORD are two different things. Learn the difference.

They are grouped because they share the same meaning.
AN ANO AN-O

When you see this line at the end "-" it means you can add on top of the word, as in an EXTENSION.
it's what an extension is a prefix, pre-fix meaning you can add on the word.
You don't even know what a prefix is but you bother to bring it up.

A prefix is an extension, starts with a prefix and ends in an extension.
Prefix is the begining of the word, like the phone number has a prefix, it's the prefix then the rest of the number

From AN to ANO =AN-O AN extension N , meaning ANO comes from AN.

I still see nothing about 'time' in the defintion. Maybe you can relink the same site a few more times to try and buttress your point.

On to, towards means just that, the cycle. from AN-O
You have been provided with examples from a Latin Dictionaries.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

first , It's a different adress, as in a http address...

The http does not need to be indentical for it to be the same site. It is obvious by now that it is as the text is parsed in the same manner (including the missing 'see also' at the bottom).

It's the second result that has a search function from latin dictionary, from google.
What matters is that it's a Latin Dictionary.

What matters is you tried to pass the same source off as two sources and still will not admit to the dishonesty. Keep it up. Everyone sees through you.

I don't see how I'm dishonest...

By lying. See above.

They are grouped because they share the same meaning

When words share the same meaning they are called synonyms, not prefixes, learn some syntax and grammar.

When you see this line at the end "-" it means you can add on top of the word, as in an EXTENSION.
it's what an extension is a prefix, pre-fix meaning you can add on the word.

Now that I have educated you on this, tell me; why does the word 'ano' not have a hypen? Because it is not a prefix and means 'ring'. Now tell me this; why does the word 'an-' have a hyphen? Because it is a prefix and means 'or'. Sorry, learn some Latin. Adverbs and verbs/nouns are two different things. I think even someone with an honesty problem would recoginze this as obviously true.

On to, towards means just that, the cycle...

So, it means 'towards', 'to', 'cycle, 'ring', 'year', 'rectum', etc. According to you the Romans used the word 'an' for everything except the kitchen sink (until you decide to tell us it meant that too). Do you see how foolish you have gotten?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Its like wrestling a pig in mud. You get sh*t all over you and the pig likes it!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKTOMI
Its like wrestling a pig in mud. You get sh*t all over you and the pig likes it!

Yeah, but eventually I get pork products to serve with my breakfast.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thats Hott!

Unity Lodge #96 Mayslanding , NJ

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKTOMI

Thats Hott!

Unity Lodge #96 Mayslanding , NJ

I will look you up next time I am in Cape May.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So mote it be
hehehehehhe

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The http does not need to be indentical for it to be the same site. It is obvious by now that it is as the text is parsed in the same manner (including the missing 'see also' at the bottom).

It is not the same site, it has a different design, layout not that it matters.
What matters is the content from it, to be more specific Anus.

What matters is you tried to pass the same source off as two sources and still will not admit to the dishonesty. Keep it up. Everyone sees through you.

If it's the same source as you state, even better, it shows that the main description is that what I have stated.

By lying. See above.

I did not lie, that is your invention, maybe the sites are branded by the same company, but they are different sites, with different addresses. As I stated if it's the same branding, good, it shows that it is the main definition

When words share the same meaning they are called synonyms, not prefixes, learn some syntax and grammar.

It's a prefix word. The words are grouped because they share the same meaning, ano is a descendant of AN
This can be viewd in greek also.

wordinfo.info...:8
ana-, an-, ano-, am- +
(Greek: up, upward; back, backward, against; again, anew; used as a prefix)

Where the romans started out from from the greeks, with the cycle and the calendar.

Now that I have educated you on this, tell me; why does the word 'ano' not have a hypen?
Because it is not a prefix and means 'ring'. Now tell me this; why does the word 'an-' have a hyphen? Because it is a prefix and means 'or'. Sorry, learn some Latin. Adverbs and verbs/nouns are two different things. I think even someone with an honesty problem would recoginze this as obviously true.

It may mean ring but it also means season, cycle, on to toward, mainly because it shares it's meanings with AN.
The word AN has a hypen because it may be joined with other words like AN-O.
Ano does have a hypen.

The hyphen ( ‐ ) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables

www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk...
The hyphen (-) is the small bar found on every keyboard. It has several related uses; in every case, it is used to show that what it is attached to does not make up a complete word by itself. The hyphen must never be used with white spaces at both ends, though in some uses it may have a white space at one end.

All the words have "-"at the end, meaning they can be continiued and merged with other words.
An-
Ano-

An is a prefix folowed by an extension. AN-O then ANO- merged with something else and so on, It's an "addon"

So, it means 'towards', 'to', 'cycle, 'ring', 'year', 'rectum', etc. According to you the Romans used the word 'an' for everything except the kitchen sink (until you decide to tell us it meant that too). Do you see how foolish you have gotten?

I provided a Latin dictionary with the description, it does mean season, cycle.

An-, ano-, no-
Up to, toward (prefix)

Here is the Latin dictionary

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It is not the same site, it has a different design, layout not that it matters.

Of course it would not matter now that you got caught.

If it's the same source as you state, even better, it shows that the main description is that what I have stated.

That makes absolutely no sense.

I did not lie, that is your invention, maybe the sites are branded by the same company, but they are different sites, with different addresses. As I stated if it's the same branding, good, it shows that it is the main definition

No, all it shows is that you tried to pawn off one site as two.

It's a prefix word. The words are grouped because they share the same meaning, ano is a descendant of AN
This can be viewd in greek also.

wordinfo.info...:8
ana-, an-, ano-, am- +
(Greek: up, upward; back, backward, against; again, anew; used as a prefix)

Where the romans started out from from the greeks, with the cycle and the calendar.

The Latin word 'annus' evolved from the Proto Indo European word '*atnos' which evolved independently from Greek as demonstrated by the Language Tree which obviously do not understand. The Celto-Italo branch is seperate from the Greek branch and both evolved directly from the Proto Indo European root words. History proves youwrong yet again.

Additionally, there is nothing in the above defintion that would denote 'time' which is your original misguided premise which has conveniently fallen to the wayside.

It may mean ring but it also means season, cycle, on to toward, mainly because it shares it's meanings with AN.
The word AN has a hypen because it may be joined with other words like AN-O.
Ano does have a hypen.

Other words? Really? What does the word 'o' mean?

I provided a Latin dictionary with the description, it does mean season, cycle.

That dictionary is incorrect as it is the only one that lists this and it also gives the exact same defintion for 'annus' including mis-spellings and incomplete information. Why do other dictionaries not have this defintion? Ask yourself that.

An-, ano-, no-
Up to, toward (prefix)

The point you were trying to make (and have now forgotten) is that 'an' equals 'time', nowhere is 'time' mentioned. Nowhere.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

As I stated before, it's getting to be a pointless debate, with you invalidating dictionaries and such.
I don't want to spam the forum repeating my self, so good day. You have your opinion and I have mine.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

As I stated before, it's getting to be a pointless debate, with you invalidating dictionaries and such.

When they are incorrect I will point that out. Otherwise you would have found a second site (not the same one as you tried to pass off) and indicate it as such.

I don't want to spam the forum repeating my self...

I am sure the fourm will enjoy more of your 'knowledge' in short order.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Once again, you keep your 'opinion', I will stick to historical facts and evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join