It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Kabbalah. On Esoteric “Secrets.” A Luciferian Perspective. On the Prophet of the New Aeon

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
reply to post by pepsi78

This strikes me as a whole lot of stupid wrapped in a crispy shell of ignorant.

Pepsi... seriously... you have no idea what you are talking about. You should really just take your ball and go home.

As I told you, quote me on facts, otherwise this is just masonic propaganda.
Provide evidence to what you sustain, otherwise it's just empty words.
All I can see is insults, is that how you define a better person as in a mason ? by insults, just like network dude
insults instead of facts.
edit on 26-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I wasnt talking to you, the post was specifically addressed to the OP. He goes on and on about Masons and Kabbalah from thread to thread, displaying extreme ignorance of either. That is because he is in a mode of the know-it-all. A know-it-all is never receptive to new ways of seeing things much less learning any truth.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Finishing what I have started, putting an end to this non sense sharade, unmasking the Latin language

Varro.De Lingua Latina
He was quoting as saying.

There is a second motion of the sun, differing from that of the sky, in that the motion is from bruma ‘winter’s day’ to solstitium ’solstice.’ Bruma is so named, because then the day is brevissimus ’shortest’: the solstitium, because on that day the sol ’sun’ seems sistere ‘to halt,’ on which it is nearest to us. When the sun has arrived midway between the bruma and the solstitium, it is called the aequinoctium ‘equinox,’ because the day becomes aequus ‘equal’ to the nox ‘night.’ The time from the bruma until the sun returns to the bruma, is called an annus ‘year,’ because just as little circles are anuli ‘rings,’ so big circuits were called ani, whence comes annus ‘year.’

Who is Varro
Marcus Terentius Varro (116 BC – 27 BC) was an ancient Roman scholar and writer.

Latin phonemes, a latter to the word Annus, The old woman the "hole" meaning the ring - the time cycle later with the Greek influence meaning an year.

neohumanism.org...
/anus/ 'old woman' - /a:nus/ 'ring, anus' - /annus/ 'year'

In connection to similar words where it evolved from.

The more seemly Latin word for the buttocks was clūnēs (singular clūnis); this word was generally more decent than cūlus, and older, as well: it has several Indo-European cognates. Ānus was the name for the posterior opening of the digestive tract; the word is not specific to that usage, but instead originally meant "ring". Its anatomical sense drove out its other meanings, and for this reason the diminutive annulus became the usual Latin name for a ring or circle.

Yet another example

www.yourdictionary.com...
ann-us ring, year

Knowing it's a ring but now for the connection to ANO.
Source

Same ANO from the Proto IE

In connection to Greek ano, Phonetic Spelling AN-O time, heaven , high above exactly what we need.

anō
1. up, upwards, above, on high
2. of the quarters of the heaven, northward
3. of countries, inland, up from the coast
4. of time, formerly

AN-O AN=Time O=Cycle Letter O is a gate. ANO=time cycle.

And yes here it is, the precios ring of the Roman Empire in power today pulling the strings.

edit on 27-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Really ? Well go on provide the information.

Just to be clear, you were talking about Latin right? Your original statement was that the Latin "an" meant time. You continue to speak all about other languages and what "an" means in them, but the original statement is what everyone here is discussing. Everyone.
link 1
An=or

Link 2

an an CONJ an CONJ [XXXCO] can it be that (introduces question expecting negative answer/further question) whether; (utrum ... an = whether ... or); or; either;

link 3
with the above link you have to type the word then hover over it to get the translation.

link4

an (adv.) or "Are you going OR are you staying?".

This could go on all day. And you can come out and tell everyone here that you have to study the root blah, blah, blah, but the FACT remains that "an" = or. YOU ARE WRONG!

Get it through your head. You are wrong!!! "AN"=or in Latin.

If you get confused, go back to the links above and type it in again.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Really ? Well go on provide the information.

Just to be clear, you were talking about Latin right? Your original statement was that the Latin "an" meant time. You continue to speak all about other languages and what "an" means in them, but the original statement is what everyone here is discussing. Everyone.
link 1
An=or

This could go on all day. And you can come out and tell everyone here that you have to study the root blah, blah, blah, but the FACT remains that "an" = or. YOU ARE WRONG!

That is classical Latin, I already provided the AN and it's meaning from the dictionary, from proto IE it comes from ANO I already explained. Want to debate stop bringing classical Latin into view.

The year Annus came from anus, from ano from proto ie ANO, I alrady provided the information.
You are providing me with a classical Latin translator mostly past BC.

If you get confused, go back to the links above and type it in again.

Sorry I'm not confused, you are, review my last post.

link4

an (adv.) or "Are you going OR are you staying?".

There you go, for going very similar, but it's from the Greek anyway after Greek influence.
Come back when you want to talk to me about OLD LATIN and where it originated from, my previus post shows
I'm right.

This is a dictionary, it has a glossary it shows where words came from, it has a word list.
IT's called Latin suffixal derivatives in English and their "Indo-European ancestry."
Big difference, meaning: It's old Latin.
Source

Please stop linking to classical Latin dictionaries

It's where it evolved from, proof:
neohumanism.org...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Look sport, this is very simple. You link me to your translator that will prove you are correct, and then we have an argument. As it stands now, you have nothing. You have claims to all sorts of knowledge way beyond the groups that built the online translators. I can only go with what I see to be true. So prove it, or go away.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It's where it evolved from, proof:
neohumanism.org...

anus= old woman

a:nus= ring, anus

annus= year

I think we all agree on that. Where does it say that an= year? Oh, it doesn't, it says "annus"= year.

That is your source.

what are your qualifications to claim superiority over the online translators?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

anus= old woman

a:nus= ring, anus

annus= year

I think we all agree on that. Where does it say that an= year? Oh, it doesn't, it says "annus"= year.

That is your source.

what are your qualifications to claim superiority over the online translators?

Superiority = older version.

First was anus later annus, like I told you so two NN's is a later Latin invention, proto italic words did not contain such things in the begining.
Another source.

www.lexic.us...
hilst Anus, its more ancient writing, is degraded to signify- no more than the circular form of the podex. Vid. Littleton ad voces Anus, Annus

It's where it evolved from, and anus came from ANO proto IE and ANO AN ANE are all related words they share the same root like shown in the proto IE, so in the Greek. In greek Ano means time and heaven sky BINGO.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

In Greek? NO LATIN! you said it meant time in LATIN.

How about this. Until you link a translator that agrees with you.......

zip it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by pepsi78

In Greek? NO LATIN! you said it meant time in LATIN.

How about this. Until you link a translator that agrees with you.......

zip it.

This guy knew what was talking about 2000 years ago, better than anyone I think.
Marcus Terentius Varro

The time from the bruma until the sun returns to the bruma, is called an annus ‘year,’ because just as little circles are anuli ‘rings,’ so big circuits were called ani, whence comes annus ‘year.’

.....whence comes annus ‘year.’ It's where year came in Latin, is it not ? The year represents a time line, the cycle, the ring I provided you, the EU flag, the time line.

I think it's an embarasment for a mason to lose. Greek was a IE language, Latin came from IE languages, in the first place and then after the cultures have developed once again. Mostly anything with AN has to do with time
Ani=age

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

This guy knew what was talking about 2000 years ago, better than anyone I think.
Marcus Terentius Varro

The time from the bruma until the sun returns to the bruma, is called an annus ‘year,’ because just as little circles are anuli ‘rings,’ so big circuits were called ani, whence comes annus ‘year.’

.....whence comes annus ‘year.’ It's where year came in Latin, is it not ? The year represents a time line, the cycle, the ring I provided you, the EU flag, the time line.

I think it's an embarasment for a mason to lose. Greek was a IE language, Latin came from IE languages, in the first place and then after the cultures have developed once again.

this has nothing to do with masonry. This has to do with either understanding logic, or being so thick headed that you fail miserably at trying to explain it.

Link to the translator or

Zip it!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

this has nothing to do with masonry. This has to do with either understanding logic, or being so thick headed that you fail miserably at trying to explain it.

Zip it!

No, there is much evidence provided, from a lot of sources, I made my case.

Annus=A time line, it's what an year is a time cycle, it's what a ring is , a time cycle.
I think it's your unability to loose, you are just like the rest of the masons, further more I find it lately that you have formed a mob here on ATS.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Zip it!

No, there is much evidence provided, from a lot of sources, I made my case.

Annus=A time line, it's what an year is a time cycle, it's what a ring is , a time cycle.
I think it's your unability to loose, you are just like the rest of the masons, further more I find it lately that you have formed a mob here on ATS.

Dude... seriously...

Stop it, just stop it.

You are wrong. You have been proven wrong. Now, go lay by your dish (or will your pathetic fragile ego which is obviously making up for other... ahem... "shortcomings" you have not allow you to do so?)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
you don't even know what you are arguing about anymore.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Have a nice day.

I'm not arguing, I just provided my point of view, and an year has to do with time, it's a time line, a cycle, it's related to time, the origin of the words that formed Annus also have to do with time, other wise it would not be an year.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I find you one of the most proeminent trolls on ATS, it just happens that you are a mason, but I wont regard that, a troll is a troll no matter what status he/she shares.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
honestly, just zip it. if you care so much make a thread about it in religion conspiracies nobody cares here and it is absolutely off topic here. continue your arguing in a new thread.
edit on 27-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Have a nice day.

I'm not arguing, I just provided my point of view, and an year has to do with time, it's a time line, a cycle, it's related to time, the origin of the words that formed Annus also have to do with time, other wise it would not be an year.

we will never get this solved until you understand something. Proof is NOT I repeat NOT supoposition, or opinion. It is FACTS.

I proved with multiple sources that in fact:

"an" means or in Latin. "annus" means time in latin.

You used your opinion that since in other languages, you think "an" means time, therefore, it must mean time in Latin too. EPIC FAIL!!!!

I know you cannot produce a translator to agree with you since they all say the same thing. I just cannot understand how you continue to let words flow out of your pie hole that do not include the phrase, "Sorry, I was wrong."

I am done, I have said all that needs to be said in regards to this subject. You can find another person to talk at.
edit on 27-5-2011 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus won't share his beer

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

we will never get this solved until you understand something. Proof is NOT I repeat NOT supoposition, or opinion. It is FACTS.

For me it is.

"an" means or in Latin.

I'm sorry but it does not mean or "it means to go or not to go.

"annus" means time in latin.

It means a time cycle an year and it comes from AN-O

You used your opinion that since in other languages, you think "an" means time, therefore, it must mean time in Latin too. EPIC FAIL!!!!

No it's not an epic fail, anything in general in Latin in Greek, starting with an - ani, ana, ano has to do with time, further more these words are gruped in IE. I don't see how this is an epic fail and your so called Annus evolved from this words.

I know you cannot produce a translator to agree with you since they all say the same thing. I just cannot understand how you continue to let words flow out of your pie hole that do not include the phrase, "Sorry, I was wrong."

I did Annus comes from the word ANO "RING" a cycle.

ng' anulus/annulus 'ring' (anus/annus 'ring; ANUS' [*ano- 'ring'];

IE Grouped. an-ano and ano as RING

An
On, at

An-, ano-, no-
Up to, toward (prefix)

Ano, sano
Ring

I don't see where you don't understand, because you don't want to.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

For me it is.

I think we have found the root of the problem

I don't see where you don't understand, because you don't want to.

yea, either that or the multiple translators I used to find that you are more wrong than a football bat.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join