It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Kabbalah. On Esoteric “Secrets.” A Luciferian Perspective. On the Prophet of the New Aeon

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

If 'an' is the root word in Latin LINK SOMETHING.

Why sure.
YER, WET, AT, all related to time.

pyersqr.org...
words related to time, weather, seasons, and natural surroundings
*at (> Latin annus ‘to go’ > annual ---year as a passage of time

Now for AT "to go" from the Proto-Indoeuropean Dictionary for the root.

mysite.verizon.net...
an,
On, at

You are going to tell me to stop posting evidence and say:
Please do not bring yet another language into your already muddled arguement( where you say, translation: I can't handle it)

One more thing, classical Latin as you know it derives from "Old Latin" but you did know that right ? and old Latin derives from Indo European languages.

So you are a... Student of History High Level Mason......

This shows your unability to lose, so it is said masonry makers better men, I can't really see it. You are a perfect example, I would say you swim in pride.

try and instruct me in two languages I understand much more succinctly then yourself.

I can't really see where that is the case when it comes to Latin.

edit on 23-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Yes it is because it's a derivative
Copied or adapted from others: a highly derivative prose style is what a derivative is.

No one is discussing (other then you of course) what English words are derived from Latin.

Proving that NUS is derivative and that the root origins of the Latin words come from Indo European Language.

No one is disputing that Latin is an Indo-European language and I posted that earlier.

Wrong, It's 5500 years old.

allaboutistanbul.tripod.com...
Turkish is a very ancient language, that goes back to 5500 years, and perhaps even 8500.

Why do you continue to link websites that are not peer reviewed? Turkish developed form older languages and was not widely spoken until after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Latin is older.

Turkish just shows the same thing as from Persian Indo European language and where the word came from.
Remember:

TANRI meaning "God" and AN meaning "time".

You are doing it again. You are avoiding answering the question; what does 'an' mean in Latin? You said one thing and are now creating an elaborate language ruse to try an avoid a response.

You have nothing to comment on because you have nothing to bring forward, since it is where it comes from, you wanted an Indo European Language as evidence.
Further more it's the same for Sumerian language where all languages came from
In Sumerian AN=time.
It was your quote:

Ohh yes there is......I did just that, this just shows you ignorance.
Then you come up with:

Where is the source for this? You need to link evidence. Like this:

Sumerian Lexicon

Not in there. Interesting. Oh wait, it is. But what is this?

Sumerian vowel-consonant words

an: n., sky, heaven; the god An; grain ear/date cluster ('water' + 'high') [AN archaic frequency: 806].

v., to be high.

adj., high.

prep., in front.

Are you still sure it means 'time' in Sumerian? Thought not.

Just shows you arguing with your self, because you ran out of arguments because of the truth, "your way of covering it"

Listen my disengenuous friend. You can continue to try and state things but when people do even the slightest bit of digging they find that you are at best mistaken and at worst an outright liar.

Why sure.
YER, WET, AT, all related to time.

And have what to do with Latin and you asserting that 'an' means time in Latin?

pyersqr.org...
words related to time, weather, seasons, and natural surroundings
*at (> Latin annus ‘to go’ > annual ---year as a passage of time

Now for AT "to go" from the Proto-Indoeuropean Dictionary for the root.

mysite.verizon.net...
an,
On, at

I do not care what 'at' means. You said 'an' means time in Latin. It does not.

You are going to tell me to stop posting evidence and say:
Please do not bring yet another language into your already muddled arguement( where you say, translation: I can't handle it)

No, because you initially asserted that 'an' means 'time' in Latin.

One more thing, classical Latin as you know it derives from "Old Latin" but you did know that right ? and old Latin derives from Indo European languages.

No kidding. That is why the origins of the word 'anno' is 'annus'.

So you are a... Student of History......

Yes, you should try it. It may help you get a better grasp on what you are attempting to inform others about.

This shows your unability to lose, so it is said masonry makers better men, I can't really see it. You are a perfect example, I would say you swim in pride.

Stop projecting. You posit false infomration, shoddy and sloppy research, contradictory (to your own arguement) evidence and then disregard them and dig deeper into the language pool to try and prove what you said originally. That 'an' equals 'time'.

I can't really see where that is the case when it comes to Latin.

You can not see it because your head is, to put it politely, inverted.

STOP JERKING AROUND AND ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

WHAT DOES 'AN' MEAN IN LATIN?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Why do you continue to link websites that are not peer reviewed? Turkish developed form older languages and was not widely spoken until after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Latin is older.

We will take multiple source then.

www.depts.ttu.edu...
Turkish is an ancient language, going back at least 5,500 years, perhaps as many as 8,500.

www.honeymoontoursturkey.com...
The Turkish language is spread over a large geographical area in Europe and Asia; recent studies show that this language goes back 5500 years,and perhaps even 8500.

wiki.answers.com...
it is said to be about 5500 years, but some said it's 8500 years old. it's hard to estimate the exact number, because turkish nation is really ancient.
Read more: wiki.answers.com...

It even says "It's independent from Indo-European languages"
Even if you were right Turkish has nothing do do with Latin at all.

You are doing it again. You are avoiding answering the question; what does 'an' mean in Latin? You said one thing and are now creating an elaborate language ruse to try an avoid a response.

I am not trying to avoid anything, It's the root word from Annus.
What it ment in Old Latin before it became Annus probaly the same, on, to, at.

It is the root from annus I showed you in the dictionary, it;s where it came from, and before the Proto IE root it meant time in other IE langueges, Sumerian.

You might say why it is the root of Annus. There is no other place it would of came from, you can't say it's hocus pocus, and it came from somewhere. There is no Annus in the Proto IE dictionary, IT DOES NOT EXIST, , there is only AN, and AN from IE came to become AN-NUS in later Latin really simple, it;s where it evolved from, there is no other place where it could of came from.

Where is the source for this? You need to link evidence. Like this:

You keep asking for sources that I posted, I already showed you the source for Persian, I know you are going to say that Latin is older than Persian. Latin is only 2000 + years old and that is about it.

Now for Persian.

www.archive.org...
1 Aion means Sun, Demiurg, Soul, Aeon, Life, Time, Age. As an adjective*
Aionios, it means living, eternal, immortal. " The temple of Aion the Sun." —
Julian, Oratio, iv. in Solem. On, Ani, is the Sun, An means "time," "hour"
in Persian

Sumerian Lexicon
Not in there. Interesting. Oh wait, it is. But what is this?

Why sure, ...guess you are wrong again.

users.cwnet.com...
EmeGir/Sumer e,š,e~i,-, ùs-an =sunset,evening (-an=time locative); šuš, šu=throw down, to set

This shows everything pointing to this fact, I have provided you with 3 langueges all saying the same, plus the Proto IE root dictionary.

I do not care what 'at' means. You said 'an' means time in Latin. It does not.

Neither did year in Latin it was "to" ,"to do" " to go" as in a time line, then later it meant 10 months then even later it meant an year, the words evolved from the Proto IE and IE languaeges. Of course to, to do to go of course
came from IE.

wiki.answers.com...
Latin came to be spoken originally in the province/country of Latium (modern Lazio), hence the name "Latin." It is one of several languages that belong to the Italic branch of the Indo-European family languages.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

You got the dictionary from the Proto IE root word, it's identical, this shows yet more ignorance from you.
An=On, at.
Annus= at.

You may remain ignorant all you like.

edit on 24-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Just to add to the collection, where Latin Annus came from, AN and AT.

ETRUSCAN DICTIONARY
users.cwnet.com...
mas-an
mas-n
name of a month (-an= time locative)

Wow it's time.

Now let's see who the Etruscan are.

People:

en.wikipedia.org...
Etruscan civilization is the modern English name given to a civilization of ancient Italy

Language:

en.wikipedia.org...
The Etruscan language was spoken and written by the Etruscan civilization, in what is present-day Italy

It is further clear that AN=TIME, it also represents the sun from the word ON all having to do with "ANCIENT SUMER", the sun & god AN.

This from Persian connects very good:

in Solem. On, Ani, is the Sun, An means "time,

It's clear in English on and off and the origins of the words for on and off in English.

AN=ON as shown in the dictionary.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Listen my disengenuous friend. You can continue to try and state things but when people do even the slightest bit of digging they find that you are at best mistaken and at worst an outright liar.

How am I a liar ? I posted facts because I beilive in something to be true, maybe it is you who is trying to win something.

"Nothing meant time or year in Latin" the notions and the meaning came from the Indo European Languages for that matter it evolved to be gradual from IE words like AT and AN.

No kidding. That is why the origins of the word 'anno' is 'annus'.

You did me a favor, I was searching for Old Latin and what stage was the word into in Old Latin before it got transformed into ANNUS, I knew it came from AN but I wanted to see how it looked. Now we know.

The same word comes from the very same AN and ANO in Proto IE ANO= circle, circle = cycle time look it up.
Your Anno, take a very good look at it.

www.special-dictionary.com...
AN (ANNO)

I'm simply able to provide information on a wide scale because I'm right, if I was wrong such information would not be available to me since it would not exist. Now I debunked you on everything, if there is something left over let me know regarding this issue.

Sticking on the big picture here, as a reminder is what we were after in the first place to see the origins of AN
and to see if AN is time in the Sumerian culture, regarding our time god and it's relation to Saturn.

It did in the very beginning, it's why it was picked as a root word, AN=TIME.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

ETRUSCAN DICTIONARY
users.cwnet.com...
mas-an
mas-n

Wow it's time.

You just made a giant fool out of yourself again because you do not even understand what you are reading. You obviously do not understand what a 'time locative' reference means in Latin. It has to do with how a phrase is constructed and nothing to do with 'time' the word.

Also, if you acutally read the link you supplied regarding the Etruscans you would have found this:

WORD
xur xur-al
TRANSLATION
time

I will repsond to the rest of your nonesense later. READ BEFORE YOU POST.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You just made a giant fool out of yourself again because you do not even understand what you are reading. You obviously do not understand what a 'time locative' reference means in Latin.

I await your post.

It has to do with how a phrase is constructed and nothing to do with 'time' the word.

Where is the source for this, provide an example.

I stand by what I said, it means time, debunk me.

Haba haba haba you can't find what you need
give your self a pat on the back for trying

This is hilarius, I need to add some humor to it so you don't think it's personal.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

We will take multiple source then.

Fine. I however do not care what a travel website or a Yahoo Answers link has to say. Please see the peered reviewed texts at the bottom of my link that explain Turkic is not as old as Latin. ItS precusor language may be older but Turkic (Turkish) is not.

It even says "It's independent from Indo-European languages"

No kidding.

Even if you were right Turkish has nothing do do with Latin at all.

Which should be another wake up call for you as you tried to draw parallels between Turkish words and Latin words.

I am not trying to avoid anything, It's the root word from Annus.
What it ment in Old Latin before it became Annus probaly the same, on, to, at.

So now you are saying it meant 'on', 'to' or 'at' in Latin? There are countless numismatic, archeological and literary usages of Old Latin. It may be a 'dead' language but most Latin scholars can literally translate almost every word. And you are also jumping to conclusions regarding what it 'ment' (sic) in Latin. You have no source for this other then your own opinion.

It is the root from annus I showed you in the dictionary, it;s where it came from, and before the Proto IE root it meant time in other IE langueges, Sumerian.

The Sumerian word for 'time' is not 'an' it is 'ud'. Use the Sumerian Lexicon I linked and stopped making things up.

You might say why it is the root of Annus. There is no other place it would of came from, you can't say it's hocus pocus, and it came from somewhere. There is no Annus in the Proto IE dictionary, IT DOES NOT EXIST, , there is only AN, and AN from IE came to become AN-NUS in later Latin really simple, it;s where it evolved from, there is no other place where it could of came from.

Yup. Pepsi knows better then etymologists. Etymology From Proto-Indo-European *hₐet-nos-, from *hₐet- (“to go”).

Notice it says 'Hetnos' (emphasis on the 'h' and the 'e' as an 'ah' sound) which is fairly close in pronounciation to 'annus'. This are how words evolve, not at all like they do in your fantasy land.

You keep asking for sources that I posted, I already showed you the source for Persian, I know you are going to say that Latin is older than Persian. Latin is only 2000 + years old and that is about it.

The Old Persian word for 'time' is 'uaqt' which is fairly close to the Sumerian word I had to educate you on earlier.

Now for Persian.

www.archive.org...
1 Aion means Sun, Demiurg, Soul, Aeon, Life, Time, Age. As an adjective*
Aionios, it means living, eternal, immortal. " The temple of Aion the Sun." —
Julian, Oratio, iv. in Solem. On, Ani, is the Sun, An means "time," "hour"
in Persian

Did you just use Sod: the Mysteries of the Adoni as a peer-reviewed source? This piece of crap was written in 1861 and is filled with so many inaccuarices I am shocked that even you used it as a reference.

USE ACCURATE SOURCES.

Why sure, ...guess you are wrong again.

users.cwnet.com...
EmeGir/Sumer e,š,e~i,-, ùs-an =sunset,evening (-an=time locative); šuš, šu=throw down, to set

I am going to try and help you think through this. You feel that the word means 'time' because of the bracketed words -an=time locative, correct? A time/locative is used in ancient languages (particularly Latin and Sanskrit) that did not have the same phraseologival structure as modern languages. It 'places' the modified word in a particular time and place tense-wise but does not necessarily imply time itself. To simplfy, the suffix -ed in English usually signifies a past-tense and is by usage time-related but does not denote the word 'time' .

Latin uses various noun ablatives where the declensions can be time/locative. A good explanation is below:

The Locative Ablative and Ablative of Time
The ablative after prepositions of place or time denotes location in place and time. This is to be distinguished from the accusative after the same preposition which indicates motion into, down under, toward, etc. Place: the preposition is omitted with the names of cities, towns and small islands, with a few idiomatic expressions (like terra marique, loco, regione, parte, etc.), and frequently when a noun is qualified by adjectives denoting some part of the whole: summus, imus, medius, totus, omnis, cunctus, universus. Time: the ablative of time is used to indicate 1) a point in time at which something happens, 2) a period of time during which something happens: this is similar to the accusative case and is found more frequently with negative verbs (it did not happen within this time span) than with positive verbs (it happened during this time span). Although the accusative's sense that something happens during is different from the ablative's meaning that something happens within, still one finds examples in Classical Latin of some confusion between the two: tota nocte continenter ierunt = "they travelled continually through the whole night (Caes. B.G. I. 26). ita se Africo Bello per quinque annos, ita deinde novem annis in Hispania se gessit ... = "For five years in the African way, and then for nine years in Spain he acted that way..." source

This shows everything pointing to this fact, I have provided you with 3 langueges all saying the same, plus the Proto IE root dictionary.

Yes, and all three were WRONG.

Neither did year in Latin it was "to" ,"to do" " to go" as in a time line, then later it meant 10 months then even later it meant an year, the words evolved from the Proto IE and IE languaeges. Of course to, to do to go of course came from IE.

And how exactly does this help your position?

You got the dictionary from the Proto IE root word, it's identical, this shows yet more ignorance from you.
An=On, at.
Annus= at.

And more pig-headedness from you. 'An' still does not equal time.

ETRUSCAN DICTIONARY
users.cwnet.com...
mas-an
mas-n

Wow it's time.

Wow, it is not. We covered this already, but just to have it be crystal clear, answer this: if the phrase time/locative equals 'time' then how many words equal time when you use the control+F function and search for 'time' in the various Latin Lexicons? You will literally find hundreds of words that are modified by a time/locative that does not use the word 'an'.

Now let's see who the Etruscan are.
It is further clear that AN=TIME, it also represents the sun from the word ON all having to do with "ANCIENT SUMER", the sun & god AN.

Etruscan for 'time' is 'xur'. I gave you the link for this already, USE IT.

This from Persian connects very good:

in Solem. On, Ani, is the Sun, An means "time,

The Old Persian word for 'time' is 'uaqt'. Try reading before posting.

AN=ON as shown in the dictionary.

But the most important thing is that 'an' does not equal 'time' in Latin. The easiest way to disprove this would be to link a Latin dictionary that has the word 'an' and give everyone the definition. Will you do this? Probably not.

How am I a liar ? I posted facts because I beilive in something to be true, maybe it is you who is trying to win something.

Because you constantly change the arguement to suit your poor research. The arguement is, "WHAT DOES 'AN' MEAN IN LATIN?You said 'time', I said oyu are incorrect. Prove yourself using Latin.

"Nothing meant time or year in Latin" the notions and the meaning came from the Indo European Languages for that matter it evolved to be gradual from IE words like AT and AN.

Incorrect. Annus meant the Roman equivalent of what we now call a year. Just because the used a different measure of the year does not mean it was not a year to them. In Latin, to a Latin speaker, annus meant 'a year'.

You did me a favor, I was searching for Old Latin and what stage was the word into in Old Latin before it got transformed into ANNUS, I knew it came from AN but I wanted to see how it looked. Now we know.

The same word comes from the very same AN and ANO in Proto IE ANO= circle, circle = cycle time look it up.
Your Anno, take a very good look at it.

www.special-dictionary.com...
AN (ANNO)

WHAT!?! What does linking the modern Latin word for year have to do with anything? 'Annus' was the original Latin usage and the modern usage is 'anno'. What do you constantly have to obfuscate things by using pointless links with no information? There is nothing there, only the word 'anno' and its definition. No explantion to back up your assine claim, nothing.

I'm simply able to provide information....

With several horrid outcomes; either it contradicts you outright because you did not read and understand it, you misunderstood it because you are trying to argue a point regarding a subject you know little to nothing about or you attach links to disreputable or specious sites, books or articles.

...on a wide scale because I'm right, if I was wrong such information would not be available to me since it would not exist. Now I debunked you on everything, if there is something left over let me know regarding this issue.

I would love for you to debink everything and rewrite history. Why do you not start with this; go to the Latin dictionary, look up the word 'an' and tell everyone what it means. I must have asked you this fifty times already. Why will you not do this?

Sticking on the big picture here, as a reminder is what we were after in the first place to see the origins of AN
and to see if AN is time in the Sumerian culture, regarding our time god and it's relation to Saturn.

Keep being a rock-head and disregard the Sumerian Lexicon I linked. It explains what the Sumerian word for time is. Hint, 'uaqt'.

It did in the very beginning, it's why it was picked as a root word, AN=TIME.

It did not even mean time when it was Proto Indo European, the used the word 'hetnos'.

You need to stop running from the solution.

LOOK UP THE WORD 'AN' IN A LATIN DICTIONARY AND SEE IF THE DEFINITION IS 'TIME'. IF IT IS NOT, YOU ARE WRONG. ARE YOU ADULT ENOUGH TO DO THIS?

edit on 24-5-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Fine. I however do not care what a travel website or a Yahoo Answers link has to say. Please see the peered reviewed texts at the bottom of my link that explain Turkic is not as old as Latin. ItS precusor language may be older but Turkic (Turkish) is not.

I have not used Yahoo answers, used various sources, Latin is only around 2000 years old, plus I have told you anyway Turkish has nothing to do with Latin.

Which should be another wake up call for you as you tried to draw parallels between Turkish words and Latin words.

Not really it has to do with Finn-Ugor language that is related to Sumerian.

It's why I used it, bad source right ?

users.cwnet.com...
Indo-European or Indo-Chinese in grammar and is more like Hungarian, Turkish, Finnish, and Dravidian (of India). These languages share the largest amount of vocabulary and what is much more important, a similar agglutinative grammatical structure. Because of the very special place the Sumerians have

Well another.
users.cwnet.com...
Plus I wanted to show a non Latin language as an example, that was my case for Turkish.

So now you are saying it meant 'on', 'to' or 'at' in Latin? There are countless numismatic, archeological and literary usages of Old Latin. It may be a 'dead' language but most Latin scholars can literally translate almost every word. And you are also jumping to conclusions regarding what it 'ment' (sic) in Latin. You have no source for this other then your own opinion.

From to go to see where it came from and this is Latin not IE.

www.math.ubc.ca...
an : (adv.) or "Are you going OR are you staying?"

The Sumerian word for 'time' is not 'an' it is 'ud'. Use the Sumerian Lexicon I linked and stopped making things up.

Any one knows that AN was the god of time, names like AN ANU, ANO, ANUM were all atributed to this god.

The Old Persian word for 'time' is 'uaqt' which is fairly close to the Sumerian word I had to educate you on earlier.

I posted an example, I don't know what your problem is, I think it's admiting you were wrong.

Did you just use Sod: the Mysteries of the Adoni as a peer-reviewed source? This piece of crap was written in 1861 and is filled with so many inaccuarices I am shocked that even you used it as a reference.

Yeah whatever, no source is good for you.You just dismiss sources and say they are not too good for you, you dismiss facts posted.

USE ACCURATE SOURCES.

Why I did many of them contain dictionaries.

Yes, and all three were WRONG.

No they were not, it's you making things up.

I'll just use yet another source.

tech.groups.yahoo.com...
In Turkish "AN" means "time", "IDI" means "was", "O" means "it is".

"OLIPAN IDI O" or "ÖLIP AN IDI O" meaning "it is of the old times", "it is of the past times", "it is from old times".

Kurdishacademy bad source right ?

www.kurdishacademy.org.../443
an 'time, moment'

Another source.
Sour ce

Yet another dictionary

tr.yenisehir.wikia.com...
an : time, moment [Sem ’-n, Heb toana (occasion)] Per an borrowed from Ar

Seems your assertions are not valid, and it's pure BS, and don't forget Persian is an IE based language.

And how exactly does this help your position?

I posted the source in Latin.

Wow, it is not. We covered this already, but just to have it be crystal clear, answer this: if the phrase time/locative equals 'time' then how many words equal time when you use the control+F function and search for 'time' in the various Latin Lexicons? You will literally find hundreds of words that are modified by a time/locative that does not use the word 'an'.

Well let's see if you were right about it shall we.

A continuation of Etruscan into hungarian

member.melbpc.org.au...
'amm(-an)- time now /Proto East Cu#ic

ammika at the moment /Somali; amm-an-n-e time now

/Gidole; amm-an-i time when

Wow, yet another source, it's a bad source right ?

But the most important thing is that 'an' does not equal 'time' in Latin. The easiest way to disprove this would be to link a Latin dictionary that has the word 'an' and give everyone the definition. Will you do this? Probably not.

I gave a source, I have to say it because you keep repeating it.

'AN' MEAN IN LATIN?You said 'time', I said oyu are incorrect. Prove yourself using Latin.

I did.

Incorrect. Annus meant the Roman equivalent of what we now call a year. Just because the used a different measure of the year does not mean it was not a year to them. In Latin, to a Latin speaker, annus meant 'a year'.

It became year gradualy, it meant months first, and before months it meant to do to go, imported from proto IE AN, ANO and AT as to go. There is your year.

WHAT!?! What does linking the modern Latin word for year have to do with anything? 'Annus' was the original Latin usage and the modern usage is 'anno'. What do you constantly have to obfuscate things by using pointless links with no information? There is nothing there, only the word 'anno' and its definition. No explantion to back up your assine claim, nothing.

I'm sorry but annus was not the YEAR original word, I explained to you.
It evolved gradualy from the Indo European Languages, this just shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

wapedia.mobi...
In Rome, the word annus originally meant "ten months" (from the month martius to december), but later came to mean "twelve months".

LOOK UP THE WORD 'AN' IN A LATIN DICTIONARY AND SEE IF THE DEFINITION IS 'TIME'. IF IT IS NOT, YOU ARE WRONG. ARE YOU ADULT ENOUGH TO DO THIS?

I did, it's the same definition used for your ANNUS, to do to go.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I have not used Yahoo answers, used various sources, Latin is only around 2000 years old, plus I have told you anyway Turkish has nothing to do with Latin.

My apologies. I meant the equally useless Answer.com (where the responder can not even post a grammatically correct sentence).

Not really it has to do with Finn-Ugor language that is related to Sumerian.
users.cwnet.com...
Plus I wanted to show a non Latin language as an example, that was my case for Turkish.

What good would be showing it if there is not relation? No, you thought it was related and were shown otherwise. Your quote:

It shows a non Latin language, and the meaning of AN, it talks about god AN and it's meaning sky god AN=sky, time. It showes where the word AN comes from and it's meaning and where it originated from and where Latin got it from.

So an unrelated non-Latin language led to Latin using a word that you allege? Then you find out otherwise and are are now trying to change your tune. See the bolded part? This is what I mean by you being dishonest. You say one thing and then try to change it to another after the fact. You keep throwing out so much bullcrap that you can not even keep track of what you said or what you mean.

www.math.ubc.ca...

This is eactly what yourpoprock said it meant, 'Are you going OR are you staying'. It is an ADVERB, 'time' is a NOUN. They are not related otherwise it would indicate that. What do you not understand? Look at the word below 'annum, it is 'anser' the Latin word for 'goose'. Does the 'an' in that word somehow denote 'time'? Thought not.

I'm not I posted a source.

www.math.ubc.ca...

This is the same source for Latin as the link above. You can not dispute the Sumerian Lexicon I posted. Look up the word 'ud' and tell me what it means.

I posted an example, I don't know what your problem is, I think it's admiting you were wrong.

Your example is wrong. Look up the Persian word 'uaqt' and tell me what it means.

Yeah whatever, no source is good for you.

That is not a source. It is an opinion with out footnotes and is not a peer-reviewed history of ANYTHING. It is, sadly, the basis for this entire arguement. A shodily written and feebly researched 'book'. Who, besides you, actually uses it for history? Show me its relevance in a modern historical text.

Why I did many of them contain dictionaries

Sadly you read none of them.

No they were not, it's you making things up.

You did not use the correct words. What do 'ud' and 'uaqt' mean in Sumerian and Persian?

I posted the source in Latin.

You do not understand what you are reading, this has become painfully obvious and quite tedious as the fact that I need to explain to you what your sources say is absurd.

I'll just use yet another source.

tech.groups.yahoo.com...
In Turkish "AN" means "time", "IDI" means "was", "O" means "it is".

"OLIP AN IDI O" or "ÖLIP AN IDI O" meaning "it is of the old times", "it is of the past times", "it is from old times".

Who gives a rat's ass about Turkish? You just said, at the top of this post, that it is unrelated. Everyone knows this yet you continue to use unrelated languages to prove your miserable point.

Kurdishacademy bad source right ?

www.kurdishacademy.org.../443
an 'time, moment'

KURDISH IS NOT LATIN. You need to prove your point in Latin.

Another source.
Sour ce

IN LATIN! We covered Persian already and you had it wrong the first time.

Well let's see if you were right about it shall we.

member.melbpc.org.au...

Wow, yet another source, it's a bad source right ?

Yes, it is. Uralic was spoken 700 years AFTER Latin in 300 BC. Stop mixing in more languages that have nothing to do with Latin.

I gave a source, I have to say it because you keep repeating it.

What does the Latin dictionary say about the word 'an'? It has nothing to do with 'time'.

It became year gradualy, it meant months first, and before months it meant to do to go, imported from proto IE AN, ANO and AT as to go. There is your year.

The Proto Indo European word is 'hetnos', not 'an', not 'ano' and not 'at'. This is an eytmological fact. You also said it means 'to go' which is certainly no where near 'time' which is your orginal arguement.

I'm sorry but annus was not the original word, I explained to you.

You can 'explain' anything you want but until you PROVE it it makes no difference.

No hardly you just dismiss sources and say they are not too good for you, you dismiss facts posted.

I dismiss your 'facts' because you misrepresent them, fail to understand them and make false claims about them. You have gotten caught several times using contradictory sources (and never admit to it), shoddy websites (and never own up to it) and specious texts (and use the appeal to emotion logical fallacy to avoid answering for this). Grow up.

I did, it's the same definition used for your ANNUS.

Really? So this;

an adv. "Are you going OR are you staying?"

is the same as this?

annum n. year

So now adverbs and nouns are the same thing? Do you even know what you are talking about?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
RECAP TIME!:

5-11-11

Sat-An.
Sat word meaning
verb: Past tense and past participle of sit.

All part of the Rom-"AN" way, Sat-"AN" sits on the throne.

5-11-11

I was debating with lucifer the implication of SAT-URN the 7th day and SAT-AN and what they mean.
We were talking about SAT-AN and you got offended because I made refrence to the ROM-AN empire.

5-12-11

"SAT"-AN number 7, was the crown.

5-12-11

I'm sorry are you refering to SAT-AN. SAT-AN the one who also brouth the cicle, you do know what AN means don't you ?

5-12-11

But it was them who broth it the AN-unnaki.
IF you can't see the name "AN" as an important factor in the roman culture then you are not looking where you are suppose to, I stand and say that it was they who came with it to earth.

5-12-11

SAT-AN is an english word not hebrew, it was first in latin, comes from saturnus, and it's regarded to the number 7 in kabalah the crown.

5-13-11

SAT-AN, SAT-URN the goat SAT-YR

5-16-11

Yes it does, An is a Latin name and resents the cicle, the year.

5-17-11

Further more it can be clear, the root name AN is applied to anything that has a time line.

5-17-11

SAT-AN. 666 Understanding Saturn is a depiction of Satan.

5-22-11

It shows a non Latin language, and the meaning of AN, it talks about god AN and it's meaning sky god AN=sky, time.

5-22-11

Sat-an is an "AN"GEL that was put in charge by god, it was a ruler to manage things, a king who failed.

5-24-11 (FINALLY!)

www.math.ubc.ca...

Oh my God! A break through. You finally got what the word 'an' means in Latin, and it only took about 20,000 thousand words and one and a half weeks. Bravo.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

What good would be showing it if there is not relation? No, you thought it was related and were shown otherwise. Your quote:

It shows a non Latin language, and the meaning of AN, it talks about god AN and it's meaning sky god AN=sky, time. It showes where the word AN comes from and it's meaning and where it originated from and where Latin got it from.

There is a relation, but..........and see ........................ BEFORE LATIN EXISTED.
Turkish , Kurdish are related to ancient languages like Sumerian it shows where words came from, further Persian came from the same place and it;s an IE based language, even if turkish is not related it shoes similarities between the words because they all came from the same place.

Persian is like turkish, particularly the Turkic language it's why it's the same AN =time in the two langueges

en.wikipedia.org...
Persian has had a considerable influence on neighboring languages, particularly the Turkic languages

Meaning turkish kurdish.

So an unrelated non-Latin language led to Latin using a word that you allege? Then you find out otherwise and are are now trying to change your tune. See the bolded part? This is what I mean by you being dishonest. You say one thing and then try to change it to another after the fact. You keep throwing out so much bullcrap that you can not even keep track of what you said or what you mean.

It is not bull crap, you got the dictionary buddy, first you call me a liar and say they do not mean that, then you come up with this, it is clear for words like AN ANO in the proto IE root.

This is eactly what yourpoprock said it meant, 'Are you going OR are you staying'. It is an ADVERB, 'time' is a NOUN. They are not related otherwise it would indicate that. What do you not understand? Look at the word below 'annum, it is 'anser' the Latin word for 'goose'. Does the 'an' in that word somehow denote 'time'? Thought not.

It shows it's the same to go, are you going ? it's the same thing. It's where it came from and remember it's in Latin.

Your example is wrong. Look up the Persian word 'uaqt' and tell me what it means.

I posted lots of sources they all say the same thing, I'm sorry.

That is not a source. It is an opinion with out footnotes and is not a peer-reviewed history of ANYTHING. It is, sadly, the basis for this entire arguement. A shodily written and feebly researched 'book'. Who, besides you, actually uses it for history? Show me its relevance in a modern historical text.

Numerous sources from the dictionaries are wrong

You did not use the correct words. What do 'ud' and 'uaqt' mean in Sumerian and Persian?

I just gave you the sources they include dictionaries and credible sources, Persian has lots of dialects, what you are refering may be refering to one of them.

Who gives a rat's ass about Turkish? You just said, at the top of this post, that it is unrelated. Everyone knows this yet you continue to use unrelated languages to prove your miserable point.

It's related to Persian, Interesting from wrong to who gives a rat.

IN LATIN! We covered Persian already and you had it wrong the first time.

Sour ce

First it was it's not a credible source, now it's this, this is another source, what are you talking about ?

member.melbpc.org.au...

Yes, it is. Uralic was spoken 700 years AFTER Latin in 300 BC. Stop mixing in more languages that have nothing to do with Latin.

You do not know what you are talking avout, Latin is only 2000 years old and I'm not mixing any langueges, plus this was in relation to "Etruscan -Hungarian dictionary", WAKE UP and it was what is related to what Etruscan that influenced Hunagian.

Read:
languagecontinuity.blogspot.com...
Another source you post as not valid, interesting.

What does the Latin dictionary say about the word 'an'? It has nothing to do with 'time'.

Nothing had to do with time in Latin, it was, to, to do to go, year did not even exist as I showed you, and it all came fro IE langueges.

said it means 'to go' which is certainly no where near 'time' which is your orginal arguement.

To go as in a time line, there was no time line in Latin so they took words from IE langueges.
AN in latin means just about that , are you going.

Really? So this;

an adv. "Are you going OR are you staying?"

is the same as this?

annum n. year

I don't see where "TO GO" or "are you going" they are almost identical.

First.
It has two NN's they were added later, anything with two NNS were added later, proto IE langueges did not have words with two NN's

And this just shows my case, Sumerian Anum is also AN in another name same thing everywhere you look.
Anum, I know it has not two NN's, blasphemy......

www.sron.nl...
logogram: AN = Anum the god of heaven, Sumerian AN

Just shows I'm right.Bingo!
You may change back to annus, there is a name for the sky god AN too as ANUS.

It's obvius where AN comes from and what it means.

Second , I may remind you the word year did not exist until later, it meant 10 months and before that it was just a time line like "to go " AN=are you going", same darn thing.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer777

Very interesting post. Thanks, kinda like a "Thoth" and A.C. summation, with a lot of great backup.
I am curios as to your take on others such as Alice Bailey, or The Law of One, or even A Course in Miracles.
I seem to find so much in common, yet such different symantics involved.
I feel your post was trying to get past the "symantics" portion of this age old topic, & address the underlying Archetypes - Kudos for that.

edit on 5/24/2011 by ISeeTheFnords because: to add

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It's okay, I did it in this way because I wanted to demonstrate something.

Take a very good look at it.

Count them there are 12 stars, the cycle, you can add some design to it and it becomes AN alarm clock.
It represents the cycle, the time line, it's what this is all about, do you see the big ANO, the big ring.

ANO in Proto IE=circle, or AN-O.
To better explain ANO = AN+ a circle, that means "O"

I hope this settles it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

No, circle in PIE is kirkos.

You are pulling threads to make an argument which is unraveling as a result. There is no shame in conceding the argument, but to maintain your position is foolish.

The flag of the EU makes use of symbolism, as all humans do, that draw from the collective consciousness that is innate. The symbols speak to us because we recognize the meaning in them. For example, in the EU flag the twelve stars represent the number of months in a year and the number of hours shown on a clock face. The circle is, among other things, a symbol of unity.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

No, circle in PIE is kirkos.

I'm sorry I was very tiered last night.

mysite.verizon.net...
Ano, sano
Ring

I would say it's an even better description.
AN-O

You are pulling threads to make an argument which is unraveling as a result. There is no shame in conceding the argument, but to maintain your position is foolish.

I don't find it foolish.

The flag of the EU makes use of symbolism, as all humans do, that draw from the collective consciousness that is innate.

And he answered, saying, "My name is Legion: for we are many

For example, in the EU flag the twelve stars represent the number of months in a year

I agree with you, it is the cycle. 12 hours a day, 12 months an year, 12 stars, 12 an end to the ages, start of a new age.

Hidden symbols, with hidden agendas, what Hitler did not manage to do they did it, by lies and sweet talk, the couropted unity for those who are asleep. Who would want to be part of this new word order built on suffering of others, violence and coruption.

What should be concluded anyway from this.
So they say, we got a Latin alphabet now, and a language, but it is really empty words spoken that have another meaning, it's what Latin did, everything became a hidden mask, Latin and even further Latin based languages are masking the truth to the meaning of the words, it's what the whole world has become like a mask, eveythone is pretending, like an actor, in the land of "make pretend" and they are so deep in it that they don't see it. It's what Latin did, and the Latin customs that did it, as in what a "Roman does"

It's what happens when you got a fabricated history, and anything else is hidden from you, you go with the fabric provided to you, the indoctrination. There is a very good defined line between education and indoctrination.
Doctrine comes from Indoctrination, I would use for example the world "doctrine" education is far away from it.
It's what happened, doctrine in religion, doctrine in language, doctrine in everything as in "The way it should be because we say so" the false education.

Empty words cost in the end, they will have a very high cost, that you can be sure of, Latin is just a piss of a language twisted and distorted from the truth to fit the needs for the doctrine,
It's something like this

edit on 25-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

There is a relation, but..........and see ........................ BEFORE LATIN EXISTED.
Turkish , Kurdish are related to ancient languages like Sumerian it shows where words came from, further Persian came from the same place and it;s an IE based language, even if turkish is not related it shoes similarities between the words because they all came from the same place.

I gave you the Proto Indo Eurpoean word, it is 'hetnos'. This is the orginal word, the one that predated all the other languages that you mentioned and it is from this word that the Latin word 'annus' is derived.

Persian is like turkish, particularly the Turkic language it's why it's the same AN =time in the two langueges

en.wikipedia.org...
Persian has had a considerable influence on neighboring languages, particularly the Turkic languages

Meaning turkish kurdish.

Big deal. It still does not help your original arguement that 'an' equals 'time' in Latin. Maybe if you said 'uaqt' in Persian means 'time' you would have had a better, and more accurate, arguement.

Why are you disregarding the Persian Lexicon I linked which shows the Persian word for time is 'uaqt'? Show me where the Persian Lexion states that 'an' equals 'time'.

It is not bull crap, you got the dictionary buddy, first you call me a liar and say they do not mean that, then you come up with this, it is clear for words like AN ANO in the proto IE root.

You are right, I got the dictionary. I read the dictionary. I posted the results and you tried to take a different tact. The Proto Indo European word is 'hetnos'.

It shows it's the same to go, are you going ? it's the same thing. It's where it came from and remember it's in Latin.

Which contradicts what you first insisted it meant. Please see the 'recap' post above for your meandering dissertations on what the word 'an' means/meant/should mean/you hope it means/you feel it should mean/etc.

I posted lots of sources they all say the same thing, I'm sorry.

You did not look up the Persian word 'uaqt' and post the results, why?

Numerous sources from the dictionaries are wrong

While Sod: The Mysteries of the Adoni may be a dictionary to you, for the non-intellectually impaired it is a poorly written hodge-podge of psudeo-metaphysical and erroneous historical crap. If you can find someone who uses this to teach history then they need to get their license pulled.

I just gave you the sources they include dictionaries and credible sources, Persian has lots of dialects, what you are refering may be refering to one of them.

Oh, I see. You looked it up and found what it meant but are trying to write it off as a 'dialect'. No, it said 'Persian' not 'Fantasy Persian Dialect that Pepsi Prays for'. If it is a dialect PROVE IT.

It's related to Persian, Interesting from wrong to who gives a rat.

What is the Persian word for 'time'?

Source

First it was it's not a credible source, now it's this, this is another source, what are you talking about ?

WHAT!? All you did was type 'Persian "AN means time"' in Google and got TWO results. This thread and that assinine book. THAT BOOK IS NOT PROOF AND NIETHER IS THIS THREAD. Learn how to use credible sources.

You do not know what you are talking avout, Latin is only 2000 years old and I'm not mixing any langueges, plus this was in relation to "Etruscan -Hungarian dictionary", WAKE UP and it was what is related to what Etruscan that influenced Hunagian.

Oh, boy. Now you really stepped into it. If you are going to come at me with a topic it really should be one you know about and one that I do not know about. Sadly for you Roman history is not one of these. Ask yourself this; when was the Roman Republic first founded? (Hint, it was much more the 2,000 years ago). Next, ask yourself this; What language did they speak? (Hint, it was not Turkish, Kurdish, Persian, Dacian, Ebonics, Jive, etc.) Next, ask yourself this; Did they invent Latin the day the Republic was founded? (Hint, no, it must have existed prior.)

Read:
languagecontinuity.blogspot.com...
Another source you post as not valid, interesting.

Do you even think about things prior to posting? For the sake of arguement I will overlook the fact that you used a BLOG as a source. What this person is saying is that Etruscan has NO relation to Latin, contradicting what you posted earlier. You continue to grasp at straws while you sprial down the vortex of ignorance.

Nothing had to do with time in Latin, it was, to, to do to go, year did not even exist as I showed you, and it all came fro IE langueges.

Really? So what you are saying is that the Latins had no word for 'time'? Hmmm. Be a good little school boy and look up the words 'tempus temporis' and 'tractus' and get back to everyone.

To go as in a time line, there was no time line in Latin so they took words from IE langueges.
AN in latin means just about that , are you going.

Yeah. You just may want to take your foot out of your mouth and admit you have no idea what you are talking about here. Sing it with me! Tem-pus tem-por-is. Tem-pus tem-por-is. Tem-pus tem-por-is. Oh wait, you can not sing, you are suffering from pedal-oral insertion syndrome.

I don't see where "TO GO" or "are you going" they are almost identical.

Genius. One is an adverb the other is a noun. They are completely different.

First.
It has two NN's they were added later, anything with two NNS were added later, proto IE langueges did not have words with two NN's

Again? Did you even bother to look before you jambed your foot back in your pie-hole? I did and found two:

ennos and anna.

See, this is where the root (pun intended) of the problem stems from. You constantly post things without fact-checking and expect people to take you at face value. What is this? The tenth time I have caught you perpetrating such a fraud? You know who acts like this? Children. Am I debating a child? I almost feel bad and frankly I am a bit concerned that I may be charged with child abuse if this is the case.

And this just shows my case, Sumerian Anum is also AN in another name same thing everywhere you look.
Anum, I know it has not two NN's, blasphemy......

www.sron.nl...
logogram: AN = Anum the god of heaven, Sumerian AN

Just shows I'm right.Bingo!
You may change back to annus, there is a name for the sky god AN too as ANUS.

No one was disputing the Sumerian word for their Sky God. The arguement was about your ignorance of Latin (which sadly still persists). All you did is run around in a big circle. Maybe you should stick to telling everyone that Satan is Anu. Most people on here do not speak or read Sumerian and may by your story without investigating.

Second , I may remind you the word year did not exist until later, it meant 10 months and before that it was just a time line like "to go " AN=are you going", same darn thing.

The Roman '10 month' WAS a year until it was revised into 12 months. Either way they had a word for 'year', it was annus. That is why all the numismatic and archeological inscriptions use this word. It meant year and Romans understood it as such. Stop trying to rewrite history and stick to trying to actually learn about it for once, people may start to take you seriously if make an effort in this regard.

edit on 25-5-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I gave you the Proto Indo Eurpoean word, it is 'hetnos'. This is the orginal word, the one that predated all the other languages that you mentioned and it is from this word that the Latin word 'annus' is derived.

Give a source from the dictionary so I can look at.

Big deal. It still does not help your original arguement that 'an' equals 'time' in Latin. Maybe if you said 'uaqt' in Persian means 'time' you would have had a better, and more accurate, arguement.

It does AN=TIME just like I showed you in so many languages.
Turkish, Kurdish, Perisan, Etruscan-Hungarian, in IE it's where the root came from.

Something new would be AN=SKY , it's how about a time line cycle came to be, ancient astronomers looking at the sky to calculate the position of the stars, the sun, for a time line cycle, in Greek these words an, ano means up, above, again. In Greek mythology, Our-an-os represented the sky or heaven. Yet more indication that these words connect to time and that AN does equal time.

Why are you disregarding the Persian Lexicon I linked which shows the Persian word for time is 'uaqt'? Show me where the Persian Lexion states that 'an' equals 'time'.

Persian had many dialects and variants, ajik. Tajik. Dari. Farsi / Parsi, Cyrillic, Cyrillic. Perso-Arabic and many more. I provided two sources saying the same thing that perisan AN=TIME.

You are right, I got the dictionary. I read the dictionary. I posted the results and you tried to take a different tact. The Proto Indo European word is 'hetnos'.

It may also come from 'hetnos just like say the word "understanding" , in Latin, intellego, a split word inter - "between", and llegō to-"collect." that is also a greek connection, it's the same for your hetnos, has to do with nus, AN- became annus, not saying it's not a combination between AN and HETNOS.

Which contradicts what you first insisted it meant. Please see the 'recap' post above for your meandering dissertations on what the word 'an' means/meant/should mean/you hope it means/you feel it should mean/etc.

It does not contradict anything, AN refers to going in Latin exactly where the idea started for a Latin year.
If you were correct the name would be HETNNOS and not ANNUS, you should know that mostly anything invented from another langauage to another when a language is invented will resemble the root, the similarity between the word.

Oh, I see. You looked it up and found what it meant but are trying to write it off as a 'dialect'. No, it said 'Persian' not 'Fantasy Persian Dialect that Pepsi Prays for'. If it is a dialect PROVE IT.

No I'm not Persian is very diverse as in dialects and old variants.

Oh, boy. Now you really stepped into it. If you are going to come at me with a topic it really should be one you know about and one that I do not know about. Sadly for you Roman history is not one of these. Ask yourself this; when was the Roman Republic first founded? (Hint, it was much more the 2,000 years ago).

I can sense the passion in you , but classical Latin is just about that, I'm sorry, from all the movies, and all the stories and inflated things, I know it sounds disappointing.

Surviving Latin literature consists almost entirely of Classical Latin in its broadest definition. It includes a polished and sometimes highly stylized literary language sometimes termed Golden Latin, which spans the 1st century BC

If you are taking of pre early Latin a non complete language then ok, as I told you they didint even have the word year until later, I showed you that, but you yet insist.

en.wikipedia.org...
Old Latin (also called Early Latin or Archaic Latin) refers to the Latin language in the period before the age of Classical Latin; that is, all Latin before 75 BC.[1] The term prisca Latinitas distinguishes it in New Latin and Contemporary Latin from vetus Latina, in which "old" has another meaning.

Meaning that today's Latin is around 2000 years old, and that the old Latin that is extinct was a mix of proto IE in development.

Next, ask yourself this; What language did they speak? (Hint, it was not Turkish, Kurdish, Persian, Dacian, Ebonics, Jive, etc.) Next, ask yourself this; Did they invent Latin the day the Republic was founded? (Hint, no, it must have existed prior.)

Latin comes from IE languages I'm sorry.

Latin was just one of other Indo European languages spoken in central Italy. Earliest in Latin come from 6th century BC they were written using the alphabet adapted from the Etruscan alphabet, the same Etruscans I told you about with the examples you dismiss with AN=TIME.

Do you even think about things prior to posting? For the sake of arguement I will overlook the fact that you used a BLOG as a source. What this person is saying is that Etruscan has NO relation to Latin, contradicting what you posted earlier. You continue to grasp at straws while you sprial down the vortex of ignorance.

I used a blog to show the Hungarian - Etruscan continuity with words, it was not that important, the first source was, it was a dictionary called Etruscan -Hungarian dictionary with all the words that survived from Etruscan into Hungarian. It stated that AN=TIME and NOW.

Yet another silly remark, the blog was only to show you what I was talking about since you did not understand, it explained what was Hungarian-Etruscan continuity at large.

Really? So what you are saying is that the Latins had no word for 'time'? Hmmm. Be a good little school boy and look up the words 'tempus temporis' and 'tractus' and get back to everyone.

Were talking about the word year, it did not exist until later.

Genius. One is an adverb the other is a noun. They are completely different.

The words share the same meaning, anyone can see that.

No one was disputing the Sumerian word for their Sky God. The arguement was about your ignorance of Latin (which sadly still persists). All you did is run around in a big circle. Maybe you should stick to telling everyone that Satan is Anu. Most people on here do not speak or read Sumerian and may by your story without investigating.

No it should be clear where it comes from as another hint, it's becoming more clear.
Sumerian AN sky god and notice "supreme god of time" is also Anu, Anum, Ano of course without two NN's this shows where these notions of words came from, I know make something up and say it's not.

The Roman '10 month' WAS a year until it was revised into 12 months. Either way they had a word for 'year', it was annus.

Stop making things up it meant 10 months, the notion of an year is 12 months, that is what an year means, you may be thinking about what they thought to be a cycle, the notion of an year came later.

A year is the period of the Earth moving around the Sun, for an observer on earth, this corresponds to the period it takes the Sun to complete one course throughout the zodiac along the ecliptic.

The notion of 12 months = an year in Rome came later, and not sadly for you it did not mean an year, year means just that, it never meant something else.

This of course to the relation of the name AN=SKY, it's also as I stated early in my post it's where the time line came from, from looking at the sky.

Stop trying to rewrite history and stick to trying to actually learn about it for once, people may start to take you seriously if make an effort in this regard.

I'm not re-wring anything, there is evidence to sustain what I say, you want to twist things and it's not working for you.

edit on 26-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Pepsi,

Stop. Just stop.

You have been PROVEN incorrect time and time again. Then after evidence is presented to prove what you BELIEVE as false, you simply reply "show me the evidence".

Here is the thing... it is ok to concede that you were wrong. But, failing to do so in the presence of a mountain of evidence that you are wrong.... well, that just either #1 makes you look stupid or #2 proves that you ARE stupid.

I am assuming that you will opt for #2 and attempt to argue this point. But, if you want to save ANY shred of credibility that you might have remaining, I would seriously suggest you opt for conceding a mistake.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Pepsi,

Stop. Just stop.

You have been PROVEN incorrect time and time again. Then after evidence is presented to prove what you BELIEVE as false, you simply reply "show me the evidence".

Why I think I proved you and you masonic mob here on ATS I'm correct, you may view my posts for evidence, it is where the notion of time comes from I'm sorry.

Debunking your friends Hetnos, since my native tounghe is very close to classical Latin I can tell, but I had to look into this crap to make sure.

Hetnos from the greeks,meaning people, culture.

dictionary.reference.com...

Previos know also as "Het Anos" From the greek word "AN"OS age, yet proving my point even more, this came later in Latin tho after they made contact with the Greeks. Your friend is very sneaky.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join