It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Kabbalah. On Esoteric “Secrets.” A Luciferian Perspective. On the Prophet of the New Aeon

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Any language that predates Latin. If you can locate a language that is older than Latin and is related that uses the word 'an' to describe the temporal post. I fear, however, that you can not since you have not.

It's not going to say AN, because An it's self is Latin, just like the Sumerian god An was not called An, because these are Latin words based on the Latin alphabet. The letters were translated into AN to Latin, you were expecting Sumerian to have a Latin alphabet ? It is the case for the rest.

Ah, I see you convienently left out the other examples.

The fact that other langueges have AN as year and that short for Annus is AN it should be more then enough to see that Annus comes from the root AN in the first place.

Now for the so called shortened word in your view, for the word AN of course.
I found something that will make you see that I am right and you are wrong.

Words Like Latin-nus or Vulcan-nus the root word is Latin and Vulcan of course. not NUS.
The word nus in Latin is a derivate, anything applied with nus at the end. The root word is AN.

Here you go:
Link 1
Link 2

I just proved my point, good luck twisting this in your favor. It's a dead end for you.

AN=YEAR

edit on 19-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I just showed you masonic friend that he is on a wrong track, all I see from you is off topic nonsense.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
It's not going to say AN, because An it's self is Latin, just like the Sumerian god An was not called An, because these are Latin words based on the Latin alphabet. The letters were translated into AN to Latin, you were expecting Sumerian to have a Latin alphabet ? It is the case for the rest.

But An is a Sky God, not the god of the harvest as is Saturn, nor is he the Adversary as Satan is described by the Hebrews. You are all over the place.

The fact that other langueges have AN as year and that short for Annus is AN it should be more then enough to see that Annus comes from the root AN in the first place.

Now for the so called shortened word in your view, for the word AN of course.
I found something that will make you see that I am right and you are wrong.

Words Like Latin-nus or Vulcan-nus the root word is Latin and Vulcan of course. not NUS.
The word nus in Latin is a derivate, anything applied with nus at the end. The root word is AN.

You did ity again. You left out the examples of abbreviations I supplied because they do not fit with your agenda. So I guess by your logic 'capt.' is the root word for 'captain', 'gov.' is the root word for 'governor', etc. Pleae explain these oh great and mighty word-master.

I just proved my point, good luck twisting this in your favor. It's a dead end for you.

No, all you did was run around the response. Answer the questions, do not avoid them.

AN=YEAR

In Latin it does not, otherwise you would have posted a link by now. You must really enjoy bashing your head against a wall.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Don't wear yourself out. He's admirably demonstrated with no assistance required how clueless he is. Anyone who can't see it by now probably isn't capable of seeing it. And he'll continue to pull stuff out of his annus as long as you encourage him.

Never argue with a fool. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You did it again. You left out the examples of abbreviations I supplied because they do not fit with your agenda. So I guess by your logic 'capt.' is the root word for 'captain', 'gov.' is the root word for 'governor', etc. Pleae explain these oh great and mighty word-master.

Simple, electric is the root name for electricity. Like AN is for An-nus. "Nus" is a derivative, just like "ITY". The word you are using are indeed abrevations, gov and capt. Not in the case of nus like stated.

What is a derivative.

www.thefreedictionary.com...
Linguistics A word formed from another by derivation, such as electricity from electric.

Nus is a Latin derivative, the root name is AN followed by it's derivation NUS.
Just like mdter-nus, parent-nus, latin-nus and so many others.

No, all you did was run around the response. Answer the questions, do not avoid them.

I did, I'm sorry NUS is a derivative, it has nothing to do with abravations, just like stated in the material I gave you.

Source

Latin NUS being a derivative

The whole word is Annus, as in the word for electicity, the root is AN just like with the word Electric.
I guess you are just going to have to deal with it, you got the source with the explenation provided for you.

It's simple that is why it's AN in french and romanian and other langueges because it's without it's derivative.

To go further I would say indo european langueges were more without a mask, a derivative, but it's pointless to do so and provide more evidence since this has been settled since Latin offers me what I want in the first place with the derivative and the root.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

There is nothing to wear out, it's very clear. Only if you want to confuse things and twist them then yes.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I just wanted to say thank you for posting this, and the obvious work you put into this thread. My soul is in agreement with a lot of this, even if my every day life is not reflective of this...yet.

I think many people would be afraid of sexual freedom. I know I am. I desire it, yet push it away, due to indoctrination by religion in my youth. I see my parents suffer from not embracing sexuality and have continual problems through their marriage 25 years due to repressed sexual energy and total fear.

I was thinking yesterday that monogamy is a hinderance to free will and thought. But, most of all I've been realizing it is such a distraction in terms of the worry and stress that comes with it in regards to feelings of jealousy, trying to 'keep your man' or woman, and does not allow for focus on higher things.

While I am young and married, my husband and I were raised with the same religious background so we have come to rebel against it. Learning and growing together, though we still have many fears, at least we are entertaining the thoughts of sexual freedom.

I do find when I feel sexually free, I am so much more in touch with nature, with my true self, and I feel I have a wealth of wisdom, through my desire for carnal pleasure and unrestricted intimacy with another, whether male or female.

So thank you for this thread, it opened my eyes a little bit further to the condition of the human race and how if we seek to free ourselves from the chains we inflict or are inflicted upon us, we can access true unconditional love.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This thread is a contradiction in its own. Kabbalah and a Luciferian perspective.... So you believe in the kabbalah (which means you have to believe in God in order to understand/use the Kabbalah. And then you have the Luciferian perspective into it, which means you probably have a distorted opinion about the Kabbalah. Anyways, I do not trust this thread

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I do find when I feel sexually free, I am so much more in touch with nature, with my true self, and I feel I have a wealth of wisdom, through my desire for carnal pleasure and unrestricted intimacy with another, whether male or female.

Being in touch with nature is equal to your destiny if you live by nature standards, you have no free will.
Nature can be giving, but also very harsh, taking a 100% destiny road is more then an act of faith. I too enjoy nature but I have to do it to a degree, a limit where I see things turn wrong.
There is nothing wrong with having a bit of free will. Sexuality is viewed the same, you give free path to your sexuality then you embrace your destiny (no free will at all). People need to wake up and notice what is what.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Simple, electric is the root name for electricity. Like AN is for An-nus. "Nus" is a derivative, just like "ITY". The word you are using are indeed abrevations, gov and capt. Not in the case of nus like stated.

Ah, no. Electr (neo-Latin electricus is the Latin root word for both. You never cease to amaze me how many times you can cram your foot in your gob.

What is a derivative.

Who cares? Irrelevant. We are not talking about derivatives.

I did, I'm sorry NUS is a derivative, it has nothing to do with abravations, just like stated in the material I gave you.

Nus is not a Latin word. Sorry, Please link to a dictionary where it is. Good try though.

The whole word is Annus, as in the word for electicity, the root is AN just like with the word Electric.
I guess you are just going to have to deal with it, you got the source with the explenation provided for you.

Right, keep making things up. It makes you look brilliant. We already determined the root of both words.

It's simple that is why it's AN in french and romanian and other langueges because it's without it's derivative.

And French and Romanian came after Latin which has nothing to do with the word 'an' equally anyting temporal in Latin. Please link anything that disporves this.

To go further I would say indo european langueges were more without a mask, a derivative, but it's pointless to do so and provide more evidence since this has been settled since Latin offers me what I want in the first place with the derivative and the root.

It may offer you what you want because you are making it do something it did not.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Ah, no. Electr (neo-Latin electricus is the Latin root word for both. You never cease to amaze me how many times you can cram your foot in your gob.

I was first in this case talking about English derivatives, not Latin ones to show you the difrence between abravations and derivatives, they belong to a list of words, they contain the root word and the derivative whitch
in this case is "ITY"

To make my point:
Electric-ity , familiar-ity, animal-ity and so on. And yes the root word in English for electricity is electric.

Capt and Gov are abrevations, because you made a short refrece to government and captain without any derivations being involved, but the word government contains a derivation, example govern-ment, ment is the derivative and govern is the root word from the derivative term, gov is just an abravation for short word since "it is not a root word from a derivation" then it's just an abravation, there for the difference you do not seem to understand between the two terms.

Other derivatives with ment for example would be, invest-ment employ-ment all having a root word and the derivative that is "ment"

I can't beilive you can't see it, I thought you were smarter ?

Then I was talking about Latin derivatives formed from NUS.
My quote was:

Just like mdter-nus, parent-nus, latin-nus and so many others.

All having a root word like latin and parent, just like the word An-nus. an=root nus=derivation.

Who cares? Irrelevant. We are not talking about derivatives.

We are because NUS is a Latin derivative and any derivative has a root word, first the root then the derivation.

Source

nus being a latin derivative

Nus is not a Latin word. Sorry, Please link to a dictionary where it is. Good try though.

Neither is ITY in english, it's a derivative.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

Right, keep making things up. It makes you look brilliant. We already determined the root of both words.

I am not making things up, I don't see how.

And French and Romanian came after Latin which has nothing to do with the word 'an' equally anyting temporal in Latin. Please link anything that disporves this.

It proves they lost their derivatives and kept the root.
Romanian. AN=year
French AN=year
Venetian AN=year
Old Provençal An=year.

Good luck with this also, you're going to need it.

www.polatkaya.net...
The name MANUVANTARA, rearranged letter-by-letter as "TANRA-AN-UVAM", (where letter V can represent V, U and Y as required by the Vedic writers), is from the Turkish expression "TANRI AN'UYAM" (TANRI ZAMANIYAM) meaning "I am time of God", "I am the life duration of God". This definition in Turkish embedded in the name MANUVANTARA shows clearly that the term is made up from Turkish language using Turkish word TANRI meaning "God" and AN meaning "time".

Turkish word TANRI means "universal creator Sky-God", AN means "sky; time", ANU means "rememberance".

if this it's what you call deny ignorance

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I read the OP's posts and I appreciate them, they were interesting. I think you did a good job of explaining your position, although it's not my position. But I try to respect others views when sincere, and I think you are sincere.

I have run into some Thelemic ideas and so forth, and I do find this kind of stuff fun to read about, although it confuses me, seems very dense and sometimes incoherent.

But there are two things that bug me about all these ideas: 1) The relentless sexuality; and 2) The "neo-feminist" slant that gets put on a lot of this stuff (lots about being a strong empowered woman, how Thelema is not sexist like Christianity because it honors the female as equal to the male, etc. etc). It's not these two things themselves that bothers me, but the way they are used in combination. It sends a strong warning signal. It seems to me like what this philosophy is really saying is: "We'd like to have a sex-magik club but as usual there are more males than females interested in such things, so to sucker the womenfolk in, we'll have lots of talk about "empowered females" and "gender equality" and so forth."

Think I'll pass.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I was first in this case talking about English derivatives, not Latin ones to show you the difrence between abravations (sic)...

I find it highly ironic that you are attempting to give English lessons when you can not even spell properly.

Capt and Gov are abrevations, because you made a short refrece to government and captain without any derivations being involved, but the word government contains a derivation, example govern-ment, ment is the derivative and govern is the root word from the derivative term, gov is just an abravation for short word since "it is not a root word from a derivation" then it's just an abravation, there for the difference you do not seem to understand between the two terms.

Let me make this very simple for you as it seems you are having a serious comprehension issue; what is the abbreviation of the Latin word 'annus'?

Is it 'an.'? Or is it 'as.'?

Do not be intellectually dishonest again and disregard this.

All having a root word like latin and parent, just like the word An-nus. an=root nus=derivation.

Since you have displayed such a deep and profund accumen of the Latin language I have attached a Latin to English translator for you to demonstrate to everyone that the word 'an' equals what you say it does. Let us all take the Pepsi challenge is see what it means.

Latin Translator

It proves they lost their derivatives and kept the root.
Romanian. AN=year
French AN=year
Venetian AN=year
Old Provençal An=year.

Oh really? Maybe I should not have linked the translator, it is going to be so embarassing for me when you come back and tell everyone what the results were.

Good luck with this also, you're going to need it.

www.polatkaya.net...
The name MANUVANTARA, rearranged letter-by-letter as "TANRA-AN-UVAM", (where letter V can represent V, U and Y as required by the Vedic writers), is from the Turkish expression "TANRI AN'UYAM" (TANRI ZAMANIYAM) meaning "I am time of God", "I am the life duration of God". This definition in Turkish embedded in the name MANUVANTARA shows clearly that the term is made up from Turkish language using Turkish word TANRI meaning "God" and AN meaning "time".

Turkish word TANRI means "universal creator Sky-God", AN means "sky; time", ANU means "rememberance".

Seriously? Turkish? What the hell does Turkish have to do with you trying to prove that 'an' in Latin means 'time'? Add another language to your butchery list.

if this it's what you call deny ignorance

Follow your own advice. R-E-A-D. L-E-A-R-N.

edit on 22-5-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe he was in a Turkish prison... so it is very close to him. Who knows?

All I know is it saddens me to see illiterate people bastardize Latin. It is such a beautiful language, please... since you clearly do not speak it, don't try till you learn it.

And for the love of God and denying ignorance, do not attempt to correct those who DO actually KNOW the language when you know nothing of it.

That being said, I am done with this one I think. Feel free to continue, but I am just fed up with dumb and can't take it much more.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I find it highly ironic that you are attempting to give English lessons when you can not even spell properly.

I find this ironical, is this your evidence, why don't you be more honorable and stop attacking me in such manner.
What a childish approach.

Let me make this very simple for you as it seems you are having a serious comprehension issue; what is the abbreviation of the Latin word 'annus'?

It does not matter if the abravation is an or as, because the word Annus is a derivative it's self, something you don't want to understand. NUS the derivation AN the root, like I showed it the source I provided to you, that is why so many words in Latin end with NUS like "Latinnus" , it's a derivative.

Don't need pride to win, just want the truth, to show you it is the truth.
Just like I told you and just like I showed you that NUS is part of the derivation, I also gave a source, so AN is the root.

Look to the title of this page, it's called "Latin Derivatives", ANNUS is on the list, it's a derivative.
Here you go to prove it's a derivative:
latinisenglish.files.wordpress.com...

Do not be intellectually dishonest again and disregard this.

Prove me wrong. It's not intellectually dishonesty, it's evidence.

Seriously? Turkish? What the hell does Turkish have to do with you trying to prove that 'an' in Latin means 'time'? Add another language to your butchery list.

It shows a non Latin language, and the meaning of AN, it talks about god AN and it's meaning sky god AN=sky, time. It showes where the word AN comes from and it's meaning and where it originated from and where Latin got it from.

But you would argue for Turkish so now for Indo European Langueges my friend, where Latin came from.

Persian belongs to the Western group of the Iranian branch of the Indo-European language family.
It's what you asked for, where Latin came about to be from, Indo European Langueges.

This example is also in conjunction to what we want, god and time.

www.archive.org...
1 Aion means Sun, Demiurg, Soul, Aeon, Life, Time, Age. As an adjective*
Aionios, it means living, eternal, immortal. " The temple of Aion the Sun." —
Julian, Oratio, iv. in Solem. On, Ani, is the Sun, An means "time," "hour"
in Persian

It's clear what the root word is, and where Latin got it from.
It is you who wants to win a lost argument with everything pointing against you.
For haps it's pride ?

Now that we got over the silly AN word thing.(or maybe you would like to prove me wrong)
So we go on and state who is SAT-AN, somebody put in charge by the big time guy.
Sat-an is an "AN"GEL that was put in charge by god, it was a ruler to manage things, a king who failed.
We can also tell this from the part with the fall of the angels from the book of Enoch.
In the book:

God of time.

www.sacred-texts.com...
And they said to the Lord of the ages: 'Lord of lords, God of gods, King of kings, 〈and God of the ages〉

Then it go's to talk about the teachings to the human kind from the fallen angels, it's really the same story.

edit on 22-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Maybe he was in a Turkish prison... so it is very close to him. Who knows?

I can really begin to see your beautiful character.

And for the love of God and denying ignorance, do not attempt to correct those who DO actually KNOW the language when you know nothing of it.

My post proves otherwise.

That being said, I am done with this one I think. Feel free to continue, but I am just fed up with dumb and can't take it much more.

You are the type of person who never provides any sources, any contra argument,any evidence, all I have seen from you is insults, you just go along with what others say, then you insult people, it's all you really do. You must be very upset not being able to prove me wrong. I'm sorry that an illiterate guy like me can prove you wrong, hush hush.....

edit on 22-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I proved you wrong with sources to the language.

Remember the rest of the thread?

Apparently, reading (as well as spelling, grammar and basic thought) is outside of the scope and scale of the ability of your mind.

A real shame... someone as persistent as you would benefit from some intelligence.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I find this ironical, is this your evidence, why don't you be more honorable and stop attacking me in such manner.
What a childish approach.

Childish? Hardly. It shows your outright arrogance to try and instruct me in two languages I understand much more succinctly then yourself.

It does not matter if the abravation is an or as, because the word Annus is a derivative it's self, something you don't want to understand. NUS the derivation AN the root, like I showed it the source I provided to you, that is why so many words in Latin end with NUS like "Latinnus" , it's a derivative.

There is no root word for 'annus'. You continue to assert this but there is no historical, educational or etymological evidence to support you. Only your opinion. If you can prove otherwise LINK SOMETHING.

Don't need pride to win, just want the truth, to show you it is the truth.
Just like I told you and just like I showed you that NUS is part of the derivation, I also gave a source, so AN is the root.

If 'an' is the root word in Latin LINK SOMETHING.

Look to the title of this page, it's called "Latin Derivatives", ANNUS is on the list, it's a derivative.
Here you go to prove it's a derivative:
latinisenglish.files.wordpress.com...

Jesus H. Christ on his ever-loving throne. Are you suffering from some sort of cranial-density disorder? The site you linked is for English words derived from Latin words. It is NOT a site about the actual root of the Latin word.

Prove me wrong. It's not intellectually dishonesty, it's evidence.

You just proved yourself wrong again. Again, for Pete's sake. Again.

It shows a non Latin language, and the meaning of AN, it talks about god AN and it's meaning sky god AN=sky, time. It showes where the word AN comes from and it's meaning and where it originated from and where Latin got it from.

But you would argue for Turkish so now for Indo European Langueges my friend, where Latin came from.

We are not talking about Turkish, we we discussing Latin but allow me to help you with this as well.

The roots of the language can be traced to Central Asia, with the first known written records dating back nearly 1,300 years. source

Turkish came AFTER Latin. After. Not Before. After. As in later. As in it does NOT predate Latin. After.

Persian belongs to the Western group of the Iranian branch of the Indo-European language family.
It's what you asked for, where Latin came about to be from, Indo European Langueges.

Please do not bring yet another language into your already muddled arguement, you have done enough injustice to several other languages. Please spare the Persians this grave injury.

It's clear what the root word is, and where Latin got it from.
It is you who wants to win a lost argument with everything pointing against you.
For haps it's pride ?

Since you have 'proven' that you are correct will you now be submitting this to educators worldwide so that they may superceed the accepted knowledge on this topic? Maybe you can also rewrite the Wikipedia page while you are at it. Publish a new Latin etymology book. You know, display your proof to the world.

Now that we got over the silly AN word thing.(or maybe you would like to prove me wrong)...

I like you. You make me laugh.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

There is no root word for 'annus'. You continue to assert this but there is no historical, educational or etymological evidence to support you. Only your opinion. If you can prove otherwise LINK SOMETHING.

Yes it is because it's a derivative
Copied or adapted from others: a highly derivative prose style is what a derivative is.

Jesus H. Christ on his ever-loving throne. Are you suffering from some sort of cranial-density disorder? The site you linked is for English words derived from Latin words. It is NOT a site about the actual root of the Latin word.

Nus is a derivative.

what-when-how.com...
(from the late Latin moder-nus, derivative of the classical Latin modo, meaning "just now" or "in a certain manner").

Another source
Proving that NUS is derivative and that the root origins of the Latin words come from Indo European Language.

Turkish came AFTER Latin. After. Not Before. After. As in later. As in it does NOT predate Latin. After.

Wrong, It's 5500 years old.

allaboutistanbul.tripod.com...
Turkish is a very ancient language, that goes back to 5500 years, and perhaps even 8500.

Turkish just shows the same thing as from Persian Indo European language and where the word came from.
Remember:

TANRI meaning "God" and AN meaning "time".

Please do not bring yet another language into your already muddled arguement, you have done enough injustice to several other languages. Please spare the Persians this grave injury.

You have nothing to comment on because you have nothing to bring forward, since it is where it comes from, you wanted an Indo European Language as evidence.
Further more it's the same for Sumerian language where all languages came from
In Sumerian AN=time.
It was your quote:

Any language that predates Latin. If you can locate a language that is older than Latin and is related that uses the word 'an' to describe the temporal post. I fear, however, that you can not since you have not.

Ohh yes there is......I did just that, this just shows you ignorance.
Then you come up with:

Just shows you arguing with your self, because you ran out of arguments because of the truth, "your way of covering it"

edit on 23-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Dp removed
edit on 23-5-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join