It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall St bonuses are back... sparking bidding wars again for mansions in the Hamptons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Wall St bonuses are back... sparking bidding wars again for mansions in the Hamptons

www.dailymail.co.uk

Bonuses are back on Wall Street, leading to a boom in the sale of mansions in the Hamptons.
Bankers and traders are buying houses with pools and tennis courts in the $1 million to $10 million range or booking luxury rentals for the summer.
The market is so heated that some property brokers are going door-to-door to let owners know how much they could make renting out their Long Island homes.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Aww, ain't it great people?

Dear Wall Street Banksters,

We're so happy for you, that our tax-payer dollars could continue to keep you living in the lap of luxury, while those of us who still HAVE a job struggle to keep food on our table, a roof over our head, and our utilities functioning.

We look forward to assisting you with your next fleecing of us all, with your servants in the 2 party crime family enforcing your will upon us yet again.

Maybe we can assist those of you who haven't aquired a multi-million dollar yacht yet with THAT aquistion. We gleefully await your next robbery of us.

With love,

The struggling U.S. tax-payer

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You've gotta admit, the system they have us all under is working magnificently. To the point that even when we KNOW about it, we simply go about our lives and continue to help make the wealthy even more riches.

Once again, as a nation we forget so very quickly. We are way too easy to lull asleep and be taken as fools again.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

This is very true. I feel the nation as a whole has sort of become apathetic through an almost 'demoralization', because almost everyone with two functioning braincells in their cranium realizes that the average Joe is not being represented or even HEARD anymore by our "leaders"(and their BOSSES on above mentioned Wall Street), and are being continuously violated and victimized by them. There is almost a sense of "giving up" with a large section of Americans that I have seen.

But these parasites are SO insatiably greedy, that I feel they will be their own undoing ultimately, as they are creating SUCH a vacuum of wealth transfer and class warfare, and are SO blatant with it anymore, that eventually even the ones who have heretofore been placid are, through no other choice but their very SURVIVAL, are going to be left no other recourse but to rise up and fight back. I mean they are virtually bitch-slapping us all repeatedly and taunting us.
edit on 7-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I think you and I both know many people who are feeling exactly the same way we are, but like you said are demoralized to the point of giving up. We have no champions, no leaders, no revolutionary thinkers who are respected/feared enough to make a difference, and if any were to try to rise I'm sure they would be stricken down rather quickly.

I have to wonder what the next step is if the common man is to have any sort of future worth looking forward to?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Un-flippin-believable. S & F!

I simply cannot decide whether to laugh or cry, so I'll laugh...

A Wall Street CEO, a Teapartier and a Union laborer sit at a table. A plate with twelve cookies is put on the table. The Wall Street CEO takes eleven of the cookies and leans over to the Teapartier and whispers "Hey, that Union guy is looking to steal your cookie".

Okay, everyone's heard it but it just seems so appropriate.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Dont worry guys, remember the trickle down effect? You give them all your money and they will trickle it back down where they see fit.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i find it very infuriating that we get pissed about so much and we are powerless to do anything about it,the banks are realy kicking us in the teeth at every chance they get,i find it hard to beleive that the banks can loose so much money and at the same time fill thier own coffars,they then force us the taxpayers to bail them out and keep them in the money and not only that we have to pay them back the money we borrow to pay them and pay intrest on it

I must be totaly buttoned up the back,the banks hold more power than we can ever imagine becuase every Goverment in the world seem scared of the banks,why,whats realy going on

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Shucks yeah, I am SO happy for them. [Not.]

...I do think you're right about the ultimate end - few Americans have experienced the concrete angst of hunger. It is a definite wake-up call and motivator.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Let's try some cooking here, shall we! Don't worry, it's all abstract...

1.) Add one American population who feel used, disparaged, unheard, underpaid, helpless...
2.) Add one Middle East turmoil every week or so, laced with oppression and human suffering..
3) Mix one part record oil prices
4) Mix one part highest recorded food prices
5) Stir in one national disaster/terrorist attack/financial snafu, and...

How long do you think it will take before Americans take to the streets in the millions to finally be heard?

Let's hope it's before a loaf of bread costs us $10, like it does for the poor people of Zimbabwe.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Dont worry guys, remember the trickle down effect? You give them all your money and they will trickle it back down where they see fit.

woodwardjnr,

I still cannot believe how many people fell for that one. Can you imagine the following...

A family has five kids, aged 15, 13, 11, 9 and 7 years old. Their used to be a system of weekly allowance equal to $1/week for however old you were. However, your 15-year old sibling convinces Mom & Dad to give them a disproportionately higher amount by saying, "Don't worry Mom & Dad, give me more and I'll be sure that my younger siblings will fare even better than before".

You would hear howls and cries of "Unfair!", as well as four seriously wicked temper tantrums worthy of YouTube.

Proof that even a 7-year old can clearly see this would be a crappy arrangement.

I apologize for over-simplifying, but that's what it strikes me like.

Cheers!

edit on 7-3-2011 by Hessling because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I found this John Stewart video earlyer where he talks about this same thing.

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good, it'll be easier to find them when people finally find their balls and start mixing their molotov cocktails...

When the middle-class are getting turned into the poor people, are we gonna take this laying down or are we gonna go personally at those who did this since the government will only lick their boots and give them even more money?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
All by design. I think they want us simple folk to rush to the streets marching and ranting. That way they can implement their sinister plan, the plan for a full scale attack on the population. Martial law, a complete repelling of the Constitution and BOR. Then, and only then, can they submit to the people new laws that take effect immediately. No more rights, no more voice.....just do as your told. Little by little we can see this in our daily life.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
All by design. I think they want us simple folk to rush to the streets marching and ranting. That way they can implement their sinister plan, the plan for a full scale attack on the population. Martial law, a complete repelling of the Constitution and BOR. Then, and only then, can they submit to the people new laws that take effect immediately. No more rights, no more voice.....just do as your told. Little by little we can see this in our daily life.

I'm sure, but doesn't anyone know some black ops people who would be able to do our bidding more covertly what we cannot do outright?
I think there are some (must be) some pretty p!$$ed off ex marines blackops agents out there?
and they would probably do it just to fight for their rights!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Perhaps, but my guess would be that if they are intelligent folks they will find somewhere in the deep wilderness to hide and not be easily gathered up like the rest of us in the streets

Just my two cents.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Dreine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Yeah, I saw that one. Although hilarious, Stewart should actually inspire folks to get highly pissed off as well in many of his skits. As we became aware of during Dumbya's ever-criminalistic tenure, Stewart seemed to report more of his crimes than did the bought-and-paid-for corpomedia "news".

And as he shows there, the brainwashing and propaganda is continuing in overdrive. And that's because, just like our political leaders and talking heads, these media puppets and shills work for and are subservient to the same rulers and Elitists, so they merely belch out what their masters tell them to.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Perhaps, but my guess would be that if they are intelligent folks they will find somewhere in the deep wilderness to hide and not be easily gathered up like the rest of us in the streets

Just my two cents.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Dreine because: (no reason given)

Yes that is the point that's the people we need to go against these retards in the elite! I mean it. Think about it if we could get them to start retaliating, and they cannot be caught it would be most auspicious don't you think?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Oh I absolutely agree with you 100 percent, that those types... the individualists, are the the ones we want on our side if things truly go south like many of us think they could. But then again, aren't we all like them in the fact we all at least SEE what's happening and are speaking about it, even if only online?

That's how it begins. That's how Freedom of Speech is truly supposed to work, to scare would-be tyrants and oppressors to tread lightly.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

So true, they do say the pen is mightier than the sword, even the keystroke would be too, I suppose.
Though, that's how we have to think being smart and more covert because, Like you said if we take to rioting in the streets it will just be giving them the go ahead to remove all our rights. Also I don't think going and chaining ourselves to the whit house fence threatening starvation etc will work either cause they would not give a rat's behind if we starved ourselves and probably they'd get off on it. We have to be organized and covert.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join