It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Obama, Better to Commit a War Crime Than Expose One

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

www.commondreams.org

These cables show U.S. officials covering up everything from U.S. tax dollars funding child rape in Afghanistan to illegal, unauthorized bombings in Yemen. Manning is also accused of leaking video evidence of U.S. pilots gunning down more than a dozen Iraqis in Baghdad, including two journalists for Reuters, and then killing a father of two who stopped to help them. The father's two young children were also severely wounded.

“Well, it's their fault for bringing kids into a battle,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Listen, I really don't want to get into the whole argument of whether Bradley Manning should be prosecuted or not, as this just seems to go round and round, with often times violently' opposing opinions and viewpoints.

But this article here raises some points that, no matter WHICH side of the fence you sit on with Manning and these 'leaked cables', anyone with any sense of morality or humanity left in them has to at least QUESTION---What the hell is going on here?

There have been outright WAR CRIMES taking place, against unarmed civilians, who were BRUTALLY murdered, and NO ONE has been prosecuted in these cases!

How on earth can we, with a clear conscience, keep allowing this type of grotequeries to continue on? This is absolutely disgusting. Our "leaders" have now become the very definition of "do as we say, not as we do" war criminals!

And no one is even speaking up about it! The only ones who DO are actually labeled the criminals, and the ones committing the crimes get off scott free! Not only that, but they more often than not are REWARDED for their crimes.

There is something truely wrong taking place here people...

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Didn't you know? War criminals within the US are praised, and pat on the back...not to mention paid big dollars for their treachery! Meanwhile, us little people who financed the acts of these war criminals are left to fend for ourselves~

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
DD, haven't you learned by now that murdering millions of innocent civilians is "collateral damage" but the real crime is exposing it?

edit on 3/7/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Isn't it funny, how collateral damage, is always perceived as " accidental " or as military personnel claim, " casualties"? i for one understand that in a time of war casualties occur. But the trade off for big money is just ludicrous! Oh the hypocrisy~

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There is something truely wrong taking place here people...

Absolutely. From a metaphysical side, do you value money or morality? Then there are all the black MK and other programs messing people up. The oil industry has been shutting down alternative energy sources for a while due to jobs, just as the military has been shutting down peace initiatives due to jobs as well. People have been sucked into an ends justify the means mentality when there is no end to it, it just keeps going on and on. When the culture is such that it is ok to launch an attack on your own nation and blame someone else to start a war, things are truly wrong. So much of society is aware that 911 was an inside job, but fail to do anything about it. Democracy died with JFK, with a failure to get to the bottom of that now you have anarchy.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"the darkness is coming' The darkness coming" The darkness is here

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well, we need to oust Barry -- and get a real president (Ron Paul) that will investigate and prosecute these crimes. We don't have time to wait for the next election, we need to act now! You guys know what we need to do, don't be afraid to say it!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Agreed full heartedly! Ron is the man with the plan. What is funny, for years, throughout Ron's time as Senator, he raised these questions, about the monetary policy, the actions of the Fed's etc etc.....and no one listened back then.

But boy does his voice stand out now! His following is growing.....and it is widely speculated that he is the only contender in 2012, that will decimate of Barry!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Seems to me, some of President Obama's Exec Orders, mainly deliberately-ignored in major media, should be posted. If the orders I've read don't scare yah, your skins made from somethiong more resilient than mine.
For me, he blew-it after having GWB at the Whitehouse last year.

Decoy

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Doesn't matter who is in office... The u.s has a history of committing war crimes - and will continue to do so with impunity. They have neither honour nor morality ..
Unfortunately nothing ever will be done to those who perpatrate them from the u.s. Just as guilty are the members of the public who agree with what the government is doing to manning and call for his execution because he exposed the u.s crimes... Last time that know of the only american charged and prosecuted for a war crime was Lt. Calley for the massacre of the village at My Lai Vietnam .. ( Havent heard of any other cases of americans being tried for war crimes )

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Under the US government, doesn't matter which party, it is better to commit war crimes than to expose them.

Always been the case. America needs a real revolution or this BS will continue.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I sure am glad we got that "Change We Can Believe In"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dddc77984cde.jpg[/atsimg]

P.S. Anyone see the Pat Tillman Story? It sure wasn't in theaters very long...

edit on 3/7/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I gave up on the expectations of Obama doing the right thing when, right from the start of his presidency, he said he wouldn’t “look back” by investigating into possible crimes of the Bush administration, and instead he would “look forward.” In effect this position insures that no administration will truly be held accountable.

Obama knows this and that’s why he adopted that stance, because if he set the precedent then the next President and Attorney General would be pressured into looking into possible crimes of the Obama administration, particularly in connection to the so called “war powers,” previous administrations worked so tirelessly trying to expand, and that Obama himself has embraced, although he criticized many of them during the election.

Sure, the United States will propose ‘criminals’ and ‘dictators’ to be prosecuted by the International Criminal Court, like Gaddafi, while at the same time refusing to be a party to the Court. Sure, the US will propose and even draft international treaties with noble intentions, and will criticize other regimes for not following them, but the reality is that no President — especially during real and made-up wars — wants to be tied down to that little inconvenient thing called the law, because they know that to maintain the US empire requires Presidents to break the law, and recent administrations have asserted US Presidents to be above domestic and international law.

Even if some in the international community start to get sick of it and grow some balls to stand up to the US — as some apparently are, trying to arrest Bush — former Presidents and administration officials will simply not travel abroad, and will live, free, the rest of their lives in the United States with their security details payed by our taxes, knowing that no one in the country, in a place of power, will order an investigation or their arrest.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

I echo your sentiments entirely.

Obushma's "Let's not look back" pathetic dismissal and cover-up of the Bush cabal's uncalcuable crimes against humanity and this nation were a VERY clear and blatant signal that he was going to continue on the exact same criminality, and continue capitulating and serving the military industrial complex.

And he has indeed done that at every turn. He is every bit as much of a war criminal as Bush and Cheney, if not even moreso, not only failing to investigate them, not only continuing on their policies, but even EXPANDING upon them. Disgusting beyond words.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I knew Obama was a sham....from the very first moment I laid eyes on him ( surprisingly I still can see, considering Obama is an eye sore)

When he claimed eradicating " pork " from spending, then turned around and condoned pork spending within his first couple of months of presidency...I knew my hunch was correct.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yes, I think it would be MUCH easier to count the promises he has actually KEPT, over the ones he has pathologically lied about. LOL

Just another slick-talking salesman peddling BS to continue on the charade of the 2 party mafia. And the public falls for it every time, and continues on their bickering of which turd in the punch bowl is less putrid smelling.

Which of course is exactly what they want. Mis-direction, infighting, and division. Keeps everyone from focusing upon where the real problem's roots lie. A trick as old as time.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Typical of Washington D.C.

Just typical of an insider who labeled themselves as an outsider to get elected.

Then showed their true colors once elected.

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/995a50b011c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency.

Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

Never waste a disaster is the mantra of those in power.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is just a guess.....but if, and I say if, Ron Paul were to get elected in 2012, ( hypothetically speaking ), I am curious as to how long he would live? Because he stands for liberty, which has been his driving point his entire career, i wonder when the corporatist's would have him " offed "?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Expect the pro Obama train to arrive in 5,4,3,2,........
I agree, it's funny how people actually thought he'd be different. He said he was gonna expand the war and he did, can't act surprised now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join