It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Radio Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have looked to see if I could find a similar thread but I couldn't so here goes:
Has anyone ever experienced anything odd happening if they fall asleep while listening to the radio?
On two occasions I have, almost like a sleep paralysis, where you think you are awake but your not, sensation of not being able to move...It was very distinct to sleep paralysis though, I've had that loads and the trapped sensation was different(can't really find a way to word it)

The first time I'd fallen asleep with the radio on and awoke in the middle of the night(or did I?) and could help distorted voices interspersed with music. I can't remember what the voices were saying but had the urge to get up to switch the radio off but couldn't. In my head I instantly put some label on it like "demonic voices" but obviously I don't actually think that so please don't all attack me for that comment!

The second time, I'm pretty sure I was asleep the whole time, distorted sound again and the sensation of being trapped, but someone was explaining that this was a technology that could be used to control us. The visuals
were of being stuck in the armchair I was sitting in, but in front of me was sort of like a screen showing how the soundwaves travelled through the air(I have a vague impression of soundwaves being shown as a rainbow transulcent ribbon)

Both of these, if it is of interest happened while listening to a Leicester(England) Radio Station, and it would have been in 2003(ish).

I don't think this is anything particularly big or worrying, just curious to know if others have experienced the same.
edit on 7-3-2011 by syntheticbutterfly because: extra info

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Totally hate that feeling.
I can usually wake myself from a nightmare, but sometimes i can't, and i'm stuck there, cant move,
cant scream- totally useless.

Strange things hey, human minds. Hope you conquer it

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

Now I'm not 100% positive that this is what you experienced, but I know what the feeling is like..

www.boston.com...

The above link shows how someone can "hallucinate" by cutting off their senses and using.. a radio. I'm not sure about the 'paralysis' effect you felt, because in doing this with the radio I hadn't felt anything similar, but after a while of listening to the white noise of the radio you begin to "hear" things. On wikipedia it only mentions visual hallucinations so I didn't post the link because I'm pretty sure it applies to auditory hallucinations as well. I'm assuming the station you fell asleep to wasn't white noise, but this was the first thing that came to mind reading your post.

It's called the "Ganzfeld Effect".

Hope this helps in some way

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by joshnichols189

Thanks, thats a cool link and it does sounds similar to what I experienced. Going to play around with some of these tests, looks kinda fun!

top topics

join