It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you expect us to do about Islam?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
why do we have to do anything at all about ISLAM... ? leave them alone, thats what they want.
you should be more concerned with Dual Citizen American Israeli's....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe it is payback for what the Christian's did in the past.

Does anyone think the current racial climate has been orchestrated by the powers that be so that we do not see something else ?

I.e. deflection of real problems.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

A good start would be to stop acting like racist, fascist, homophobic, bigoted, far right Nazi thugs.

Oh the labels....aint that the pot calling the kettle black? Bwahahaha!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

It looks like a lot of muslims, from Tunisia to Libya are showing us they dont want to live under Tyranny. They dont want to replace one for of tyranny with another. These people want freedoms not some global Jihad.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Radical Islam is a huge problem across Europe.

Is it ?

It's certainly not a problem in my part of Europe; and I've not heard of any problem elsewhere in Europe, save for a few sporadic examples of mentally disturbed individuals, who come in different religious and non-religious flavours.

Radical Muslims Rioting in France, England, Denmark, Sweden

The last lot of people ''radically'' rioting in England were a bunch of ''students'' and rent-a-mob thugs, who, once again, would have come in a variety of religious and non-religious flavours.

killing people who insult Muhammed

Other than that case of the politician being murdered in the Netherlands, then I don't see too much evidence for this claim.

Beheading Family members

As opposed to stabbing them or battering them to death ?

You read about these stories on a weekly basis, and I fail to see how beheading someone is, logically speaking, any worse than these other, more common, modes of familiar murder.

running sex gangs targetting British Girls in the name of religion

In the name of religion ?

Maybe the ''Muslim gangs'' who do this are just riff-raff from a majority Muslim area of a city, rather than it being linked to their religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Well said, respect should always be one of the first things when dealing with things you don't understand.

and also

Originally posted by BodhiSeeker
You're not suppose to cite hatred towards groups of people, there was a recent policy about this www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good post, should not be dismissed so easily even though a mod has already posted here.

edit on 7-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

exactly

ask people anywhere what they realy want and the answer will be global, let us be, leave us alone, let us live in peace, we have no desire to get rid of anyone or go up against anyone.

except maybe the strategically placed hecklers...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What do we do about Christianity too? Very destructive religions, regardless of which testament Christians focus on these days. There are no radicals in Christianity or Islam, only those who follow the teachings of their god. God save us from religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

We've been fighting this war with islamic jihadists for centuries. Getting "out" of their country won't change their views. They think insults given 300 years ago were just "yesterday" to them. We've lost the most recent battles with them. They have shifted tactics and now use political correctness to change OUR attitudes and behaviours towards them, while their attitudes and behaviours remain the same.
There is no compromise with people who want to destroy a way of life and replace it with their own version of how a people should live.
We need to wake up and see that this is a war. Not of lines drawn on a map, but of ideological boundries.
S+F

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Haydn_17

We've been fighting this war with islamic jihadists for centuries. Getting "out" of their country won't change their views. They think insults given 300 years ago were just "yesterday" to them. We've lost the most recent battles with them. They have shifted tactics and now use political correctness to change OUR attitudes and behaviours towards them, while their attitudes and behaviours remain the same.
There is no compromise with people who want to destroy a way of life and replace it with their own version of how a people should live.
We need to wake up and see that this is a war. Not of lines drawn on a map, but of ideological boundries.
S+F

You do know that there are around 57 muslim countries and much of the oil comes from them?

I don't get people who say 'we should get rid of muslims'. Do people even know what something like that could lead to?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

*sigh*
Oh for goodness sake! Where did I say to get rid of muslims?
Knee-jerk, much?
We just need to convince them that it is in their best interests NOT to bomb us, NOT to kill infidels, NOT to impose Shariah on anyone who doesn't want it.

And then we can get along nicely.

edit on 7-3-2011 by beezzer because: spoilling errir

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We just need to convince them that it is in their best interests NOT to smart bomb us, NOT to kill our children, NOT to impose Democracy and Capitalism on anyone who doesn't want it.

And then we can get along nicely.

there i fix'd it for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
1. With the current protests and loss of life in the Islam sector, do you think this is the moment to cement them into one agenda, not withstanding that it is up to nations to safeguard their way of life and freedoms from other groups coming in, so that those groups follow the constitutions of their new homes, not their old.

2. I am also very concerned with Sharia and the fundmentalist view points of Islam, quite concerned with all the Judaic religions forms of fundamentalism, they're blasts from the past that we need to get beyond.

3. Has anyone ever really brought the issue forth, between all races, all religions that a meeting ground, of seeing the Good in someone, honoring the "light squares" or the positive and what would not be deemed primitive, punitive or illlegal in modern society, with full equality accorded every man, woman and child, and children accorded irrevocable rights, so that abuses of their liberties would be crimes, as they already are in our nations.

I for one would gladly welcome spiritual books that took the best and most unconditional love passages out of all religions where anyone could read from passages and be inspired. There are many dark squares to exclude in all the religions.

I don't think very many efforts to find common ground and demonstrate what the constitution of the country means, have been made. With a view point to respect others, but maintain human rights protection and equality.

What would peacemakers do?
edit on 7-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I find it funny that you feel that democracy is such a terrible thing to impose on a people, yet, that's what the majority of the protesters in the middle east want.
Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So groups like the English Defense League Form, to combat this.

So, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT US TO DO?

So what gives? How are we supposed to combat radical islam without being called Racist Facist homophobic biggoted far right nazi thugs?

Come off it .......The English Defence League is a far right group that is merely using radical Islam as a rallying cry, to garner more support.

It's unlikely that many of members of the English Defence League could distinguish between a moderate Muslim and a radical Muslim.
Would many members of the English Defence League like to have moderate Muslims or Muslims of any flavour as neighbours........I somehow doubt it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The END of Hate Speech on ATS

Closed, pending staff review

top topics

<< 1   >>

join