It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why is the media obsessed with future monarchs william and katherine

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ive heard many a time that americans are far more interested in the marriage of the future king and queen of england, william and katerine, than the british themselves. i have speculated that this is because they have been ruled by a monarchy for hundreds and hundreds of years and just dont care anymore.
with all the conspiracy theories about the queen of england and how she rules the world etc etc (i personally dont think that all the power lies with her), i have started to think (and see) that we americans are being prepped to like these people or accept them, in a way we dont like/accept queen elizabeth II. its no secret that the media has shaped american's ideas, morals, and social norms, so are they attempting now to prep us for a new king and queen who will rule most of our world thru the british empire.
but why? why would we be prepped in this way, very reminicent of diana and the obsession with her. could we be going down that same road?

im also quite interested to see how william and catherine handle the world and situations that arise when they are ruling. will the be a complacent, silent, invisible monarch like queen elizabeth, who doesnt do interviews, doesnt talk about world events almost ever, and isnt usually seen in public. or will they take a stand on certain things, or speak to the public directly.

to be totally honest i want to see them flounder.

anyways, i just want to know what you guys think about all this rot. why am i seeing the monarchs of england on my television more than my own president? what kind of rulers do you think they would be, personally i think they will be complete push overs who will do as they are told, unless the powers that be already have a plan for them. on that note, what do you think the powers that be have planned for them?

any conspiratorial, or strange information, or even speculation on this subject you may have a is welcome.




posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
As a British Republican I would like to see them taking a long walk off a short plank



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I guess it's because it's around a month to the wedding now.

Also, royal weddings are few and far between so when they do happen they're publicised heavily.

The Royal Family don't do anything other than act as an economy boost for Britain's tourism, again another reason why this will get rammed down our throats for the next month or so.

The focus is on Kate Middleton really. An attractive stylish modern girl, which is probably why the royal wedding is seeping into more every day media - not just news channels. I only have to pick up on of the various fashion magazines my girlfriend 'reads' (they're more like picture books) and see how many 'Get The Kate Look' articles there are.

You won't see many girls trying to achieve the Camilla Parker Bowles look....



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think the obsession is due to the lavishness and pageantry that accompanies royal weddings. This sort of thing appeals to women the world over. Not to mention, royal weddings are few and far between.

Personally, I don't get it; however, men generally don't dream about the "perfect" wedding like women do.

My 2-cents



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Unlike Charles and Diana's wedding, Britain not to mention the global community wasn't going through so much political and economic upheaval, so why would the average citizen give a damn if some royalty is tying the knot? In a nutshell it's a rushed media ritual to distract people which I'm doubtful it would be successful since people have their hands full trying to survive the destruction of the global economy.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Chai_An because: misspelled word



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Because they are a fabulous distraction for the masses, forget about bankers bonuses and austerity, there's a royal wedding to talk about. Perfect. bread and circus's



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
could this have something to do with it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

an attempt to sway the public opinion in preparation to return america to the british empire, and move along the process of forming a global state.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
could this have something to do with it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

an attempt to sway the public opinion in preparation to return america to the british empire, and move along the process of forming a global state.


No, it has nothing to do with it lol. England is a has been, they will never again be an empire I would bet my life on it.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An
 


i see
so your saying they are trying to distract us with something happy-go-lucky, like a royal wedding, in an attempt to keep our minds off things that actually matter.
i could see that happening, and indeed, it has happened for years. the media is constantly used to distract us from that which is important or the media just doesnt report on it at all.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303
 


they might not call themselves an empire but the queen is still the monarch of all kinds of different countrys/commonwealths, canada, australia, south africa, etc etc.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius
 


William and Kate, Charlie Sheen, are the current deterants. They have to air something and they arent airing much on worldy matters, Oh you know like the wars, iran, north korea, ect..ect...Its called swaying our attention away from the real matters...peace



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An
 


Charles and DIana were married in '81, Britain at the time was in recession. I remember it all to well; my father had been made redundant and we were struggling like a lot of other Brits. Fast forward 30 years and here we are again, in the throes of another recession with people struggling all over the world and yet another royal wedding.

It seems the British royals have a knack of having lavish weddings when the rest of the world is having a hard time making ends meet. Definitely seems like a case of give the plebs something nice to look at so they can forget their daily woes.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
No, it has nothing to do with it lol. England is a has been, they will never again be an empire I would bet my life on it.


Britain still has an empire.

While this amounts to just over a dozen colonial outposts, it is still more than most other colonial powers can boast ( although, if we're talking about landmass, then Denmark are by far the biggest colonial rulers in the modern era
).

Not to mention that HRH Queen Elizabeth II is still the Head of State in over 25 countries. Ironically, she is far more popular in many of these countries than she is in England. But, it has to be said, Britain - through their Head of State - still literally pwns Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, amongst others.





That being said, and in consideration to the topic at hand, royal weddings have always been big news with staggeringly high viewing figures throughout the world.

In this case, Kate is a very attractive young lass, and, according to the ladies ( and some of the gents
) William isn't that bad looking either.

So, you have the glamour of the British royal family magnified by the glamour of the soon to be married couple.

While it's not something that interests me, I can certainly understand why a lot of people will be interested in watching it and the events that surround it.


edit on 7-3-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A boy born on the Summer Solstice, who will turn 30 in the Summer of 2012, who will be likely King of Kings!

A boy who is so aptly named Arthur, King Arthur perhaps, I would say that this is cause for "embedding" this young couple into the hearts of the fallen.

There are several threads on the speculation that this boy will be the AC, that his charm and demeanor fit perfectly, his upbringing is probably influenced by his Father who does not see Christianity of any importance but cannot say enough about Islam.

Ironically it is said that the AC will suffer a head injury but will recover miraculously; I read that this boy had already had such a thing happen to him.

People speculate the most obscure individuals because they believe the AC will come from obscurity, but a true "King" cannot do that; perhaps the only obscure thing is the shock on the British faces when they realize that Charlie bird will never be King!

I am sure that once the Whore falls and the Harlot is torn from her perch the AC will be smiling with such a pretty face! As for the soon-to-be bride, I certainly will send her my prayers and my blessings on this most Blessed Event! I say that because the AC is also said to be single. I do hope the wedding goes through as planned and that she remains safe and sound.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage
 


Oh now william is the anti-christ...

Wonder how many ppl were the ac already...




posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
As a British Republican I would like to see them taking a long walk off a short plank


Perhaps this was playing in the background while you were posting




posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
they might not call themselves an empire but the queen is still the monarch of all kinds of different countrys/commonwealths, canada, australia, south africa, etc etc.


You are right, apart from in the case of South Africa.

They are a Federal Republic, ruled by a President, and the Queen is not the Head of State.

In fact, they had a very famous Presidential Head of State in the early 90s.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALadInsane
I guess it's because it's around a month to the wedding now.

Also, royal weddings are few and far between so when they do happen they're publicised heavily.

The Royal Family don't do anything other than act as an economy boost for Britain's tourism, again another reason why this will get rammed down our throats for the next month or so.

The focus is on Kate Middleton really. An attractive stylish modern girl, which is probably why the royal wedding is seeping into more every day media - not just news channels. I only have to pick up on of the various fashion magazines my girlfriend 'reads' (they're more like picture books) and see how many 'Get The Kate Look' articles there are.

You won't see many girls trying to achieve the Camilla Parker Bowles look....



Yeah this is a pretty typical answer.

As an English guy who actually likes the Royal Family, I have to say, I got sick and tired of the talk and hype about this damn wedding way back when it was first announced. I know we don't get many weddings (especially when it's the heir to the throne) but I've grown to hate both William and Kate purely because of all of the damn media obsession with them just like I despise reality shows and just like I despise a war hero being constantly put in my face on tv and in newspapers for doing some cheap, tacky show where non-celebs and Vanilla Ice skate around on ice while an actual skater, a former Spice Girl and a fashion expert from a crappy daytime tv show judge and moronic viewers who watch it vote people out for £1.50 a minute on their phones.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
Unlike Charles and Diana's wedding, Britain not to mention the global community wasn't going through so much political and economic upheaval, so why would the average citizen give a damn if some royalty is tying the knot? In a nutshell it's a rushed media ritual to distract people which I'm doubtful it would be successful since people have their hands full trying to survive the destruction of the global economy.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Chai_An because: misspelled word


Well if the British public can jump on the bandwagon of an idiot from a reality show as their "people's princess" (especially when she died of breast cancer) then leapt feet first into the bandwagon of a talentless mime artist from Newcastle who rose to fame on a reality show where she was part of a manufactured pop band, went solo, married a footballer (always a good thing if you want the money and fame apparently) then was treated as if she was the only woman in the world to be cheated on, divorce and get malaria....

Yeah I wouldn't hold high hopes of the British public ignoring this wedding.

People are more concerned with the latest shenanigans of Katie Price, the latest reality show or wanting to copy the new fake tanned idiotic role model than anything important like not having enough money or food.

When some of the most watched tv shows are The Jeremy Kyle Show and The Only Way Is Essex, you know there's a massive problem going on.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

As an English guy who actually likes the Royal Family, I have to say, I got sick and tired of the talk and hype about this damn wedding way back when it was first announced. I know we don't get many weddings (especially when it's the heir to the throne) but I've grown to hate both William and Kate purely because of all of the damn media obsession with them just like I despise reality shows and just like I despise a war hero being constantly put in my face on tv and in newspapers for doing some cheap, tacky show where non-celebs and Vanilla Ice skate around on ice while an actual skater, a former Spice Girl and a fashion expert from a crappy daytime tv show judge and moronic viewers who watch it vote people out for £1.50 a minute on their phones.


Brilliant!! Well said, very Charlie Brooker.....


Back on topic... IMO and as other members have said I think its pure distraction...simple, give the proles something to think about.

Maybe the MSM should have a poll on how many people actually give a toss about the outdated, out of touch monarchy.. Lets not mention Andrew and what may/may not have happened with his paedophile friend, which I've got to say is a very David Icke sounding theory...
edit on 7-3-2011 by slinkey10 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join