It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Protestors 'arrest' county court Judge - Police blockaded by protesters (One man hospitalised

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

No one voted for a lib / tory government. No one would believe that the libs would join the torys. But its the old school again all class mates in it togeather.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
so when will the revolution in britian officially start? and you think the US Media will broadcast any of this?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
so when will the revolution in britian officially start? and you think the US Media will broadcast any of this?

Probably not. Although small pockets of protests in many forms are occuring, I think the UK is safer than most countries, as long as we are sedated with booze, drugs, food and tv. A revolution in the UK is unlikely in my opinion, although.... People do seem to be tolerating less these days....

I think only when food and oil prices reach a point, will we see any serious movements. But as like America, corporations are more important than the people.

But I may be wrong on many accounts.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Probably not.

and thats why i dont believe the middle east are any real, sure on TV anything looks real, looks can be deceiving.
and its why i take these uprisings like a grain of salt.

If the media wont broadcast any of these happenings in the UK then that is bad journalism.

If any real journalism still exists.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If the media wont broadcast any of these happenings in the UK then that is bad journalism.

I've not seen any good journalism in the popular press in decades. they make up stories and misquote out of context to create the stories they think wil best sell copy.

As for these ignorant anarchists - well, frankly they'd be better off going to school or getting a job. Or if they don't like it, bugger off to their beloved North Korea. If you don't like MY country, then I'm not stopping you frm leaving.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Essan because: typo

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ive joined lawful rebellion, im from wiltshire i would have gone today but cant afford the fuel, i believe this could have been a lot bigger with better logistics ie car sharing this needs to become a little more organised as i want to be at the next event

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Probably not.

and thats why i dont believe the middle east are any real, sure on TV anything looks real, looks can be deceiving.
and its why i take these uprisings like a grain of salt.

If any real journalism still exists.

True to an extent maybe, as our perceptions via mainstream media can be distorted - but lets not forget a large quantity of the middle east has a lower standard of living (although that does vary massively country to country), so the poorer the country, the more likely people will revolt. Actually let me rephrase that, the more comfortable, the less likely they will revolt.

Look at France, the riots mainly occur in segmented, working class communities. Same with Britain, poll tax riots, the working class. Same with almost every country, except maybe America, were the middle class are now threatened as well as the working class.

I guess it's a matter of how much your comfort is being threatened?

Someone once said, as long as you have a comfortable middle class, there will be no revolution.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

This what you guys are quarreling over ?

In all fairness they didn't get arrested and to my mind that is a sure win.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Roguesheep

I quote "profit before people" which was a comment made recently, no wonder they are getting pissed, I might join them soon ^_^ Only live in Wales

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Sherlock my friend as i stated earlier I am NOT a person I am a MAN !
I abide by theCommon Laws which are the true laws by which all men and women should live !
I will gladly discuss with you what that entails if you ever want to PM me !
To go into it now would simply sidetrack the OP's thread.
But I will say that certain aspects of the Freeman movement DO work
and I have experience of them !

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You do know what the real problem with all this is don't you. ?
Ilive about five miles away from Birkenhead in Aintree and this thread was the first I had heard about it!
If mass demonstrations are to win the day they have to better advertised.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's about time people stick a finger up to the authorities. Cameron is wrecking this country and keeps #ting on the people who are worst off. He disgusts me. And bitch Clegg is no better.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

I've not seen any good journalism in the popular press in decades. they make up stories and misquote out of context to create the stories they think wil best sell copy.

As for these ignorant anarchists - well, frankly they'd be better off going to school or getting a job. Or if they don't like it, bugger off to their beloved North Korea. If you don't like MY country, then I'm not stopping you frm leaving.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Essan because: typo

And things are going swimmingly in YOUR country are they? No problems you'd like to raise? Nothing you think ought to be changed? Perhaps something you are even angry about? Unrelenting immigration? Corrupt politicians/judicial system?

I imagine you would like to time travel to pre-revolutionary france and have a wee chat with some of the starving population, living in their own filth. Tell them they're ignorant anarchists and see how long you keep your head.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

This what you guys are quarreling over ?

In all fairness they didn't get arrested and to my mind that is a sure win.

That was 2010 I think. Today's incident involved someone trying to arrest a Judge

I think that person may have been present.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
You do know what the real problem with all this is don't you. ?
Ilive about five miles away from Birkenhead in Aintree and this thread was the first I had heard about it!
If mass demonstrations are to win the day they have to better advertised.

Aintree eh? Is it the bluebell pub?

But now you do know. Now you may even be aware of the next one before it takes place?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp

Sherlock my friend as i stated earlier I am NOT a person I am a MAN !
I abide by theCommon Laws which are the true laws by which all men and women should live !
I will gladly discuss with you what that entails if you ever want to PM me !
To go into it now would simply sidetrack the OP's thread.
But I will say that certain aspects of the Freeman movement DO work
and I have experience of them !

Peace

Hey man, if you so wish feel free to discuss them here, because personally i'd like to know more

And maybe others would too. I don't think it's off topic to discuss the issue which led to these events.

Peace
L

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

My experiences are in no way related to the events that led to todays action which was regarding non payment of council tax i believe !
Rather my experiences were along the route of No Contract Return To Sender !
If you or anyone are unfamiliar with this process then i will post again, though I suspect most people are familiar with what it entails !
Although I don't condone this action for all circumstances, the circumstances which led me down this path were unnavoidable but they were successful !

www.tpuc.org...

Peace

edit on 053131p://03America/Chicago07 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
And with that kind of thinking we should all stay at home and be quiet, let the corporations and government decide what's best for us? Should we stop thinking for ourselves and allow the people at the top of the chain to make decisions that are unquestioned by us meagre folk?

LOL.

How could you seriously answer my comment like that ?

You were insinuating that the BBC were reporting a water-downed version of the story, despite the fact that the events apparently unfolded the way that the BBC North West article put it.

And even if you were weary of the BBC news content, then, as I pointed out, you should be equally as weary of the spiel from the protesters, who were very much agenda oriented.

It was one of those ''freeman'' court attempts, but this time with a more violent slant when toys get thrown out of the pram at the dismissal.

Not - in my opinion - something to be applauded.

A group, whether you like it or not is growing. A group that is at the very least persuading people to investigate the legitimacy of certain civil laws etc.

Growing at a snail's pace !

I used to be interested in this 'freeman' rubbish, until I got to read and view footage of this 'social phenomena' ; add a bit of cognizant thought to the matter, then the concept becomes ridiculous and preposterous.

You doubt they came from Devon, or you doubt it was pre-planned? Not sure which you mean?

LOL.

I have to apologise for for my ambiguous comment, but I do not doubt that ''protesters'' came from as far afield as Devon. I just have no doubt that those who ventured to the Birkenhead magristrate's court for this hearing, were intent on creating a scene.

They were just doing an 'extreme' rendition of how the previous 'freeman' would have 'negotiated' it.

You see, I'm sick and tired of Americans religiously living by their antiquated 230-year-old document, yet us Britons, who should be above this historical aberration, are attempting to argue about ''laws'' and ''rights'' that were devised in the Middle Ages.

And this is what these 'freemen' are arguing... A return to 1215.

Yes. if you'd have checked my first couple of links and listened to the show, you may have been aware of how these people are challenging such rulings which are technically unlwaful. Or at least are in dangerous grey areas, thus showing us, the public that we can be exploited or cheated by the judiciary process.

It doesn't matter whether people think that it may be unlawful.

We've had absolutely no evidence to suggestthat this freeman, 'common law' approach works any better than bribing the judge of the court with kit-kats !

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I know this doesn't pertain to any of the events today
but some may find it 'interesting' anyway !

www.youtube.com...

Sorry I'm thick as s**t when it comes to embedding these things !

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Yes, and please show me where they ''won'' the case, rather than the judge thinking ''hang on a sec, I have to adjourn this session, because I've got a couple of fruit-bats on my hands.''

All these videos show, are defendants filibustering, stalling, and being uncooperative.

Please show me the result of these two videos, where the County/City Council endorsed baillifs break down the door of the accused's homes to collect the money that they refused to pay in court.

I guess that video was left off from your post...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join