It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Protestors 'arrest' county court Judge - Police blockaded by protesters (One man hospitalised

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Any details for this one in london , a link perhaps?

I didnt know that was happening in the Birkenhead today, Excellent post , Thank you OP

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Surprise,surprise no mention of it Granada reports.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Totally agree with you I put the link up for info only I am not a member of this party/group or any other.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

No worries.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The BBC may be being tight-lipped, but then again why would anybody believe what the protesters have to say ?

Considering that it's in this group's interests to paint this picture, then forgive me if I take their claims with a pinch of salt.

It seems very likely to me that this was an organised display of action by one or more of these ''freemen'' groups, and that is why they managed to muster 300-odd for this thinly-veiled publicity stunt.

I highly doubt that people came up from places like Devon, without it being pre-planned that they would cause ''a scene''.

The alleged attempt at a civil arrest on the judge sounds like an extreme form of this ''freeman'' malarkey, because they have no other tactics that work !

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just got a 5 second report on North West Tonight
As expected !

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There is a report of this on BBC News website, but I must say they are just reporting the bare minimum at present.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
S&F mr-lizard thanks for posting this, for too long common law has been ignored in The UK while the police enforce the corporation law BS. It looks like the whole world are throwing off the chains and shackles the ruling elite have had the people in for so long.

"Finally the tables are starting to turn, Talkin about a revoloution baby"......

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by coffeesniffer
I wouldnt be suprised if you enjoy speculating perhaps you could give us some hard facts backed up independantly, otherwise I will just have to ignor your comments as nothing more than polished poop

Sorry to burst your bubble, and to prove my point - as if proof were needed - but...

Protestors storm Birkenhead county court and attempt to arrest judge

Here you'll see - just as I accurately called it earlier - that the defendant in question was somebody who was questioning the validity of the court's jurisdiction over his case surrounding payment of council tax. ie. he was a self-styled ''freeman''.

His name, apparently, is Roger Hayes.

Now, if you care to google his name ( as I did ) along with the word ''freeman'', then you will see some links regarding this.

As I accurately ''speculated'', this case was an example of this very small ''freeman'' movement ''mobilising troops'' and taking matters to an extreme when their illogical ''legal'' arguments, once again, abysmally failed.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
S&F Lizard.

Nice to see it starting on home soil, lets hope that this is a catalyst for the British Public to stand up to everything that has been shat on us in the last few years.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here is a video of Roger Hayes Giving a talk and asking people to join Lawful Rebellion

Link - www.lawfulrebellion.org.uk...

edit on 7-3-2011 by johngtr because: bad wording

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sherlock my friend you are entitled to and I respect your opinion,
though I as a member of tpuc hope that this leads to many
more of these demonstrations as I woke up to my rights as a MAN
not a PERSON (corporation) quite a while back. !

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Clause 61 was removed from later versions of Magna Carta. To that extent, clause 61 is no longer valid in English Law ... it's effectively been repealed. The only clauses still valid appear to be Clause 1 (protecting the freedoms of the English Church), Clause 9 (protecting the liberties of the City of London) and Clause 29 (the right of due process).

And I'm very particular to mention English law here. Because the protesters describe themselves as of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, a unitary state which didn't exist as we know it until April 1922, some 807 years after Magna Carta.

Perhaps one of their supporters here could identify that part of the Act(s) of Union which imposes Magna Carta on Scotland & Northern Ireland ? I think that's important ... the protesters make their protest as Britons, not as Englishmen ... and I think it's a bit ripe of them to assume that at Union in 1707 & 1801 that Scotland & Ireland became subject to Magna Carta at all.

In England, courts are bound to apply Acts of Parliament. In the English system Parliament is sovereign. Unfortunately for the protesters here, the clause on which they make their claim is not valid any more and hasn't been for many, many hundreds of years. It's a pity no-one bothered to check that out before embarking on their foolish demonstrations.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
You see, even the easy-going people of the Uk are getting to the point where they feel that they have no recourse to anything except direct Citizens action.

Lets hope we see more of this in the near future. 8-))

No, sorry, this is a bunch of loons who number a couple of thousand, at most, who want to save money by using what they see as a loop-hole in the court system.

Sadly, despite all their bluster and 'secret' videos of courtroom sessions, they have not provided one piece of tangible evidence that their council tax/parking fine/bankruptcy case is not legally enforceable by British magistrate courts.

If you search for the videos of these ''freemen'' in court - and a few have been posted on ATS in the last year - then you'll notice that they ( the defendant ) are not successfully usurping the validity of the court, but, rather, the court is humouring the defendant because he is filibustering, and being obstinate and uncooperative.

The cessation of the court session, in these cases, is in no way because the jurisdiction of the court has been successfully challenged, but because the court adjourned due to a pointless and physically unenforceable situation.

It is worth noting that all of these videos never have a follow-up, and if you dig deeper, then you'll see that the courts usually conduct the case without the unwilling defendant, and send him a bill - to be collected by the bailiffs if he still remains uncooperative - with the original fine still having to be being paid.

There's an outed conman who runs a lot of these internet sites on this supposed 'loop-hole', and he is often held up as some kind of a doyen on the subject.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Clause 61 was removed from all later versions of the charter. Forty years later, after another confrontation between king and barons, the Provisions of Oxford forced on the king a council of twenty four members, 12 selected by the crown, 12 by the barons, which would then elect a king's council of fifteen members; this however was also annulled when Henry III finally won that power struggle.

Source - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
Sherlock my friend you are entitled to and I respect your opinion,
though I as a member of tpuc hope that this leads to many
more of these demonstrations as I woke up to my rights as a MAN
not a PERSON (corporation) quite a while back. !

Well, when possible, I like to discuss matters civilly and respectfully, so I appreciate your politeness and courtesy in how you addressed your reply.

I'd like to ask you what you have gained form legally declaring yourself as a PERSON, rather than the fictional legal entity that you are/were known as ?

You see, I don't disbelieve in the ''freeman'' notion, not because I don't wish to, but because I have seen all the evidence, and there is absolutely nothing - despite having read articles and viewing many videos on the matter - that logically suggests to me that this idea is remotely valid !

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

The BBC may be being tight-lipped, but then again why would anybody believe what the protesters have to say ?

And with that kind of thinking we should all stay at home and be quiet, let the corporations and government decide what's best for us? Should we stop thinking for ourselves and allow the people at the top of the chain to make decisions that are unquestioned by us meagre folk?

Considering that it's in this group's interests to paint this picture, then forgive me if I take their claims with a pinch of salt.

You're quite forgiven, don't worry I like the opposing argument, wouldn't be a debate if we all agreed.

It seems very likely to me that this was an organised display of action by one or more of these ''freemen'' groups, and that is why they managed to muster 300-odd for this thinly-veiled publicity stunt.

A group, whether you like it or not is growing. A group that is at the very least persuading people to investigate the legitimacy of certain civil laws etc.

I highly doubt that people came up from places like Devon, without it being pre-planned that they would cause ''a scene''.

You doubt they came from Devon, or you doubt it was pre-planned? Not sure which you mean?

The alleged attempt at a civil arrest on the judge sounds like an extreme form of this ''freeman'' malarkey, because they have no other tactics that work !

Yes. if you'd have checked my first couple of links and listened to the show, you may have been aware of how these people are challenging such rulings which are technically unlwaful. Or at least are in dangerous grey areas, thus showing us, the public that we can be exploited or cheated by the judiciary process.
edit on 7-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I don't imagine any one of these protesters to be a Baron, somehow. So not only can't they get their laws right, they're assuming airs & graces to which they're really not entitled.

Good luck to them if the judge is corrupt, I'm not defending corruption by any means. But these protesters, well, to the extent they're using Magna Carta to justify their position, well, they're just fantasists really.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What ever the motives of this group are, and I always tend to read between the lines, not the lines themselves, we know this Government is wrong and like all before are only out to line their own pockets, its a dictatorship in disguise, but unfortunately we voted them in, so we only have ourselves to blame, we knew what they were like, didn't we? We want government by the people for the people and I mean all people not for the rich or the poor, but for everyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Its the trade unions that are holding the march. With a bit of luck it will be happening all over the UK. So no excuses. I think the students are also going to be there so the police will be on a special notice. Just take care if anyone is going, as from todays actions we know who the police will be backing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join