It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Protestors 'arrest' county court Judge - Police blockaded by protesters (One man hospitalised

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
According to this radio

tnsradio.com...-152

The police acted unlawfully by preventing the citizens from arresting the Judge as he refused to take his oath on the court. This made him unable to legally take the court, and unfortunately in this case, the Police stood by the Judge and not the citizen.

So no doubt a few hundred people will be filing complaints to the Police and who ever else.

1 person Injured, hit by a vehicle (possibly a police vehicle)

Protesters were very peaceful, any violence inflicted was by the Police.

Also - Anyone arrested, the radio station are saying that this will have knock on effects if any of these cases reach a court room.

Great to see the people standing up for themselves.

(and if you check the server hits, the radio station server is maxed out - the DJ is overwhelmed at the amount of people listening and reading these events).

edit on 7-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
People arriving from everywhere - Dorset, Kent, wales, and elsewhere.

This is amazing

With a thousand (and more) on the street, this might make the national media?

I think it needs more people.

I reckon that the media would probably brand them terrorists if it grows.

It will be a complete blackout I reckon.

I would like to hope that it would cause a ripple effect though.

People are sick and tired.
edit on 7-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, an Ex Police officer is now on air.

He's backing the people and said that the Judge SHOULD have sworn oath and that the people were legitimate and that the police should have backed the people.

Amazing, refreshing, reassuring.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I was referring to the article having it wrong not the people.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yes!

News is spreading:

More

CHAOTIC scene broke out at Birkenhead county court today after demonstrators attempted to arrest a judge and then took over a court.

They were at court for a case brought by Wirral Council against Roger Hayes for non payment if council tax.

Mr Hayes questioned the legitimacy of the court and then attempted to arrest district judge Michael Peake.

The judge was quickly ushered out of court room one and then demonstrators took it over - one even taking the judge's seat.

Police reinforcements arrived and an hour-long stand off occurred.

Hamilton, Market and Hinderton Streets were closed off, and police formed a cordon outside the court while hundreds of protectors gathered outside.

Read More

[Mod edit - fixed source links]
edit on 7/3/2011 by Sauron because: Fixed links

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog
reply to post by XXXN3O

I was referring to the article having it wrong not the people.

My bad chief.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yes!

News is spreading:

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk... 66/

CHAOTIC scene broke out at Birkenhead county court today after demonstrators attempted to arrest a judge and then took over a court.

They were at court for a case brought by Wirral Council against Roger Hayes for non payment if council tax.

Mr Hayes questioned the legitimacy of the court and then attempted to arrest district judge Michael Peake.

The judge was quickly ushered out of court room one and then demonstrators took it over - one even taking the judge's seat.

Police reinforcements arrived and an hour-long stand off occurred.

Hamilton, Market and Hinderton Streets were closed off, and police formed a cordon outside the court while hundreds of protectors gathered outside.

Read More www.liverpoolecho.co.uk... 66/#ixzz1FvulEfjU

Thats absolutely class!

Outstanding

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.wirralglobe.co.uk...

Picture on the link above:

One of the protestors who had travelled up for the demonstration from Coventry said: "The purpose of today is to generally to get a feel of how unsatisfied people are with the governing of the country.

"I wouldn’t say I was angry, just dissatisfied. I believe that the power is distributed unfairly at this point in time.

“I believe that the people who are in control are morally defunct.

"I don't think they are serving the interests of those they are supposed to be serving."

The BCG website says: "We, the British People have a right to govern ourselves.

"That right has been subjugated as a consequence of acts of treason having been committed by the collective political establishment, aided and abetted by corrupt segments of the judiciary, the police, the Church and the civil service."

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
www.nocounciltax.com...

And a rather amusing transcript of a similar event in 2010

edit on 7-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: edit not february - changed to 2010

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The ex Police Officer is now saying that most sergeants and police don't actually know much about the civil rights and civil law, and generally it's not necessarily their fault as they didn't get trained in this aspect.

He's being very fair and saying that the Police NEED to read this stuff, and research it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

it's gone [regional] now!

Protest group try to arrest judge in Birkenhead

Intruders tried to arrest a judge after storming into a courtroom in Merseyside.

The activists went into the room at Bikenhead County Court while about 300 protesters gathered outside the building.

The incident is believed to be related to a bankruptcy hearing at the court.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said that police were called to deal with the incident and the intruders had since left.

Streets surrounding the courtroom have now been closed.

edit on 7-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: edit

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Not National just yet sill regional
Might be on North West Tonight but not main news !

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The police acted unlawfully by preventing the citizens from arresting the Judge as he refused to take his oath on the court. This made him unable to legally take the court, and unfortunately in this case, the Police stood by the Judge and not the citizen.

Not that old chestnut again !

This reminds me of those ''freemen'' videos that do the rounds now and again, which - rather unsurprisingly - never have any follow-up to them.

In the BBC article that you've linked to, it says that it was a bankruptcy case.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of those groups of ''freemen'' that mobilised their troops, so to speak, and then, with the help of a bunch of hangers-on and riff-raff ( considering the location, there will be plenty of those around ) caused this ruckus.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by mr-lizard

Not National just yet sill regional
Might be on North West Tonight but not main news !

You're correct. My mistake. Edited.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is a link to this groups website which makes for interesting reading-British Constitution Group-what do you guys feel about what they say?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The BBC is saying they stormed into the court.

What eye witnesses are saying is that everyone was already in the court and had been searched and allowed in already. The only 'rush' was the man who went to arrest the Judge. The BBC are distorting the events.

At 9pm tonight - on the very first radio link - page one, you will get a run down of the real events, recorded as they happened.

The BBC is saying 300, eyewitnesses are saying more.

BBC saying bankruptcy case, eyewitnesses are disputing this, saying it was a totally different charge.

So yeah, looks like the BBC are being tight-lipped on this one.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog
Here is a link to this groups website which makes for interesting reading-British Constitution Group-what do you guys feel about what they say?

i will read it. But being honest my main concern is the corruption and the ignorance in the police force and how this is exploited by people in power. How legal issues are 'accepted' with little research.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Not that old chestnut again !

This reminds me of those ''freemen'' videos that do the rounds now and again, which - rather unsurprisingly - never have any follow-up to them.

In the BBC article that you've linked to, it says that it was a bankruptcy case.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of those groups of ''freemen'' that mobilised their troops, so to speak, and then, with the help of a bunch of hangers-on and riff-raff ( considering the location, there will be plenty of those around ) caused this ruckus.

I wouldnt be suprised if you enjoy speculating perhaps you could give us some hard facts backed up independantly, otherwise I will just have to ignor your comments as nothing more than polished poop

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just make sure you get to the one on the 26th in London. If enough people turn up and tell these winkers, what we think of this ``we are all in it togeather crew`` then we may get some justice. As I have already said, we brits slag off the french. But at least they do stick togeather when it comes to protests and the rights of the working man.
I only wish that I was up in the wirral. Good luck to all them that are there.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You see, even the easy-going people of the Uk are getting to the point where they feel that they have no recourse to anything except direct Citizens action.

Lets hope we see more of this in the near future. 8-))

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join