It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is gas where you are?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I live in PA but right on the border with NY and NJ.

PA is weird, in a matter of 30 miles I have seen prices from $3.60 to $3.80

If you got to NJ, it is only like $3.40
Cheaper and they pump it for you...how does that work? LoL

I am about 50 miles from NYC and gas ranges from $3.60 to $4.00. The $4.00 mark is closer to the city.

So between NY/PA/NJ it is matter of only a few miles and look at the price range. Needless to say, I drive over to NJ (2 miles) for 20 cents less and I don't even need to get out of my truck to pump it!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Montreal Quebec: 1.29 cd/litre or about 5.00 US/ gal. regular. gas
1.33 cd/litre pr about 5.15 US/ gal. diesel

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I paid $1.36 a litre at Gosford, NSW this morning for Petrol (gas) with 10% ethanol.

Apparently it will be going up to $1.60 in the next few weeks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
$3.61 today in Rhode Island. This is up from 3.45 last week

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Gas in Tx right now is anywhere from $3.30 to $3.45

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Michigan 3.40 per Gal. UL

SMR

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by arufon
it's high time prices went up. the only way you appreciate something
is when you pay a fair value for a product.

$10/gal is fair value in your mind

Sounds to me that you are just upset that you pay triple what other do for your gas.
Don't get me wrong. I would be pissed as well. But seeing your gas prices has turned my frown upside down

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
in Niagra Ontario Canada........

1.23 a litre....

Hey whats a gallon?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
AUD $1.50 a litre here in Brisbane, Australia.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Unleaded Fuel is £1.41 a litre and Diesel is £1.50 a litre here in Cornwall.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm in Northern NJ.
I paid $3.27 for regular today. It was $3.35 for super.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
US$5.60 in Australia.

Australia Brisbane 91 AU$1.49 per litre

1 US Gallon = 3.78541178 litres.

AU$1.49 x 3.78541178 = 5.6024094344

So we are currently paying approximately AU$5.60 a gallon for 91.

Also remember that currently the AU$ is worth the same as the $US.
edit on 7/3/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It is basically The Boom and Bust Cycle.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Gutman

Gutman

up here in Derbyshire there's alot of that activity going on as well.....

I use Oil for heating and there is currently a massive wave of heating oil theft going in around the UK...... Crooks follow the delivery tankers and siphone off the oil just after delivery......... my tank is in a locked out building but you never know.......

Just for the record - Heating Oil
Purchased in 2009 950 litres and invoiced at £435
Purchased 1 week ago 909 litres and Invoiced at £647

That's a 55% INCRREASE if you do the maths in the space of 2 years - thats the real inflation figure going on....!

Be Thankful if your a Gas (natural gas) user .......

Also......... This is Not a Politcal issue as the previous Government 'COULD HAVE' reduced the petrol duty if it has wished. BUT IT DIDN'T because easy money in the coffers.......... Now with our overspend and debt burden I feel SORRY for George Osbourne because what can he do ? What would you do ?

We will all have to get used to HAVING A BIT LESS i'm afraid............ we've had the good times and they were MIs Managed now we've got the bad times coming.........

Regards

PDUK
edit on 7-3-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

Whoa! That's totally messed up, I had no idea there were people in the UK using heating oil...here in the US it's mostly those of us who live on the east coast who still heat with oil. I got my heating oil bill last October and even then it was too high for me ($325 for just under 100 gallons, luckily the tank was 3/4 full already) so I just turned my furnace off all together and have used nothing but my woodstove (which heats most of the house to about 65F, depending on the outdoor temp) and a couple of space heaters for the bedrooms all this past winter. Wood is heavy, dirty and the splinters suck (when I'm too busy to grab a pair of gloves) but it sure beats the price of oil. Also, it takes some time and work + regular chimney maintenance but still well worth it. I pay $800-$1000 for 4-5 cords of wood per winter (depending on how cold it is) compared to $1,500-$2000 worth of oil used per winter. So I really do feel for anyone who not only has to try and drive but also stay warm when prices are that high.

But as for the OP, low grade gas is about $3.50 around here, in central Maryland. I have been getting a break on that because I do most of my shopping at a grocery store that has their own gas station and gives 10 cents off per $100 of groceries purchased over a 2 month period. Or, I can go to the BJ's wholesale membership club and get it for maybe 15 cents or so less than most places.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

I think this has to be the oil companies sitting in front of the TV just waiting for something to happen, so they can jack up the prices.

In collusion with all the corrupt politicians, of course.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Northern NY , $3.57 regular unleaded, $3.77 super, $3.97 Diesel, These are rez prices, off the rez about 20 cents higher.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
$3.45 regular here. Been watching www.gasbuddy.com quite a bit lately.

I'm an advocate of Electric vehicles like the Chevy Volt (which has a gas motor on board once you drive the initial 40+ miles on electric). I don't have one, but think they're topical to this thread.

My home kWh price has gone up 5% this year - so that is going to be .167 per kWh. Great compared to the 10-20% gas price increase this year. A Volt can charge up with 13 kWh or $2.171 and go about 40 miles before the gas engine comes on to keep it going. The gas motor runs on Premium and gives the car 37 mpg when it runs. Not too bad. 40 miles on $2 and then 40 more on $4. An alternative for drivers are the 40mpg cars coming out or are out now (including the Chevy Cruze made here in the USA) which can get up to 40mpg on the highway.

So many people bash the electric cars that are coming out. But if it costs that much less per mile and gas does hit $5.00 or more - you're in great shape. Prices in UK and other places up at $10/gallon are begging for electric vehicles. If you can afford it - go for it. Price of electricity is mostly stable (except for CA) and as such, is a pretty good fuel source in the oncoming oil price increase.

You also lose 3 or 4 mpg on the highway if you drive > 60mph versus 55. You may say "what? 55mph? you're going to get creamed by other other cars going 80.". Maybe so, but it's another way to save on gas.

Finally, I feel that the USA wants high oil prices. If oil gets to $150-200 and stays there, the USA oil companies will open up our known oil fields and begin to sell oil. This will be a chance to actually export oil and turn around some of our negative trade balance.
edit on 7-3-2011 by bonaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here in stamfor CT..i go to a privately owned shell gas station. as of 3 days ago..i had to get 93 octane which was $4.19 a gallon. they didnt have 87 and 89 ( i use 87) tanks were empty waiting ona delivery. Guy working thier said people bought up extra gas becuae of the rising prices weekly. they filled 5 gallon gas tanks n took em home with em. hope they use it, gas is good for for abouta month stored.
Got home heating oil, which essentialy is diesel..was $3.69 a gallon, from a cheaper cash on delivery oil place. not sure what the big wiggs are charging...def more. cant remeber what the 87 and 89 were at the pump.
my local CITGO gas station sells gas cheaper, but its not the best gas out thier. use your imagination what the price could be.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
These are the prices in Boston, MA

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I live in Montreal, and the price over here is somewhere around 1,34$/litter. I don't know how much gallons it is worth...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join