It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is gas where you are?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
it is currently 3.99 9/10ths in napa california 4.39 in san francisco and thats for reguler 87 octane

SMR

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Does Iraq still pay about $0.10 a gallon or has it gone up a couple pennies

reply to post by Reflection

I don't understand it either. Today they said that maybe we will tap into our "reserve" oil to ease the "pain at the pump" I'd like to see just how much "ease" it will bring to out wallets.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Let's see cost of gas here, as per my breakfast Sunday, which I cooked:

2 Eggs over easy: 50 cents
1 Slice of Spam: 40 cents
Left over Chili from Saturday: 1 dollar

Total Cost: 12 hours of my Girlfriend not wanting to get within 30 feet of me.

Oh you mean Gasoline, US $3.47 a gallon today.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

South Dakota
ethanol gas $3.49 - $3.59 and climbing daily
Regular $3.79

edit on 7-3-2011 by yesIAM because: no reason

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
amazing how people in the US bitch and moan about paying US$3.50 a gallon for gas,
while people in other countries are paying US$10 a gallon or more.

gasoline is WAY too cheap in the US... $3.50 is ridiculously cheap.
yes, ridiculously cheap.

people have been spoiled for years paying next to nothing for gasoline,
and it's high time prices went up. the only way you appreciate something
is when you pay a fair value for a product.

and years of cheap gasoline have led us to waste it... if you dont think
we waste gasoline, try watching a NASCAR race, where idiots race their
fancy vehicles IN CIRCLES!

so please, stop bitching about high gasoline prices, rather,
be thankful for bargain that petrol is.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
Let's see cost of gas here, as per my breakfast Sunday, which I cooked:

2 Eggs over easy: 50 cents
1 Slice of Spam: 40 cents
Left over Chili from Saturday: 1 dollar

Total Cost: 12 hours of my Girlfriend not wanting to get within 30 feet of me.

Oh you mean Gasoline, US $3.47 a gallon today.

Oh but I'm sure that breakfast was totally worth it

Spam is pretty cheap these days...if only we could run our cars of THAT!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I really don't know how you in the UK, BC and Denmark do it.

I realise that you are not as spread out as we are, in that a 45 minute to an Hour commute to work is probably rare, whereas it is common here in the U.S. But the prices I am seeing you all post go way beyond gouging.

Something needs to be done NOW to get the message across to Big Oil that it is the consumers who control the market not the cartels or the Governments.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here in Grand Rapids Michigan it's 3.47 for regular. I live in Clarksville about thirty minutes outside GR and it's still 3.44 for regular next to my house, and I live in the corn fields!

People need to get organized and stop putting so much importance on gasoline engines and the price will go down. We need to force the news, government and big oil to stop harassing inventors and trying to buy them off and start using technology that has been buried for decades that could have solved this problem twenty times over.

There are massive amounts of resources available that can eliminate our need to depend on oil, we just have to make them listen by using them. But first we have to stop fearing the aggressive and often illegal scare tactics that big oil companies use to keep you from sharing your ideas with the world.

My dad had a co-worker that modifed a carbuerator for a chevy s-10 to run around 70 miles to the gallon or more. He used it successfully for about a year and told all the guys at work about it. He mentioned that he was going to try and patent it the following week and said that he was approached with a very large check to buy his invention.

Within one week he disappeared and no one at work heard from him again. We are 90% certain he took the money and moved to someplace he always wanted to go, and I hope he did. It's just unfortunate that his idea is buried in the big oil secret vault with all the rest of the fuel saving inventions of the last century.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arufon
amazing how people in the US bitch and moan about paying US$3.50 a gallon for gas,
while people in other countries are paying US$10 a gallon or more.

gasoline is WAY too cheap in the US... $3.50 is ridiculously cheap.
yes, ridiculously cheap.

people have been spoiled for years paying next to nothing for gasoline,
and it's high time prices went up. the only way you appreciate something
is when you pay a fair value for a product.

and years of cheap gasoline have led us to waste it... if you dont think
we waste gasoline, try watching a NASCAR race, where idiots race their
fancy vehicles IN CIRCLES!

so please, stop bitching about high gasoline prices, rather,
be thankful for bargain that petrol is.

Who is paying $10/gallon.........?
Highest anyone has said in this thread was $4.00ish.
And you think 3.50 is cheap!?
When my dad was a teenager he could fill up his VW bug for 5 bucks.
Me thinks you are too young to paying for gas yet.

Btw if we drilled in Alaska (Or the Dakotas) oil prices would plummet to where they were in the 1950's. And there is enough oil there to last 200 years.

OH yeah and Nascar is lame.

edit on 7-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
OIL---you better be sitting down when you read this ! !

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, "more than all the Middle East put together." Please read below.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana ..... check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5...3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. Th ey had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reportsThe Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana , through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves..... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!

U.. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World

Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.. Here are the official estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait

- 22-times as much oil as Iran

- 500-times as much oil as Yemen

- and it's all right here in the Western United States .

edit on 7-3-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In Edmonton, Alberta where I go it's $1.10 per litre.

Wow.. ten bux per gallon in Scotland!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
$3.95 for REGULAR here in San Jose, CA...and the thing that pisses me off is that all of the refineries are less than an hours drive from here

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Regular Unleaded is 3.19/gal in SE Wyoming.

Yes we still bitch about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Seattle; I paid $3.91 for regular. I've seen diesel for $4.61

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
1.60+ euros / liter depending on where in finland you live ,

its just insane

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Central Ohio here, and just filled my Chevy Equinox up. Cost me $47 and I actually had a little bit in it. Gas is $3.46 a gallon around here. Up from a month ago, I filled my vehicle up for $40.00.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In Sydney, it varies.. First it's $1.45 a litre for regular unleaded... And the next week it's $1.25 a litre.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

As someone who lives in North Dakota I'm seeing it everyday. Rockin' the Bakken they like to say. Our state is starting to explode in terms of oil. Alot of money to be made around here, and Alot is kindof underestimating.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
We will do nothing about it. We will pay whatever price they want us to.We are all slaves to oil.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Around 3.80 for the cheap stuff here around Omaha.
2nd

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join