It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is gas where you are?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
US Gallon or UK Gallon, all I can say is that petrol is still damned cheap in the USA!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

From an older article on this topic:

"One big reason for the difference is that European governments put a much higher tax burden on fuel than the U.S. does. State and federal taxes currently make up just 11% of the pump price in the U.S., according to the Energy Information Administration; in France and the U.K., taxes account for an average of around 70%."

Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
£1.25 - £1.40 a litre, so roughly + £5.65 a gallon in the uk.

Its getting ridiculous, I drive a 1 litre vw polo and so me being a student and with the cost of insurance and the price of fuel constantly going up I can barely run my car.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
here in raleigh, the gas prices are so:

3.45$ for regular
3.89$ for diesel

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
plenty of british on here complaining about the costs so what are you going to do about it!
time for a major change google [british constitutional group] we have nothing else to lose

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It may be cheap compared to your situation, but consider the fact that our stuff is FAR more spread out than it is there. It's quite common for someone to drive an hour or more each way for work. I'm 30 minutes away and I think I'm doing pretty good.

People complaining are likely the ones on a budget. Take me for example. I'm a salary worker that gets paid once a month, and it's JUST enough to pay the bills and put food on the table/gas in the car. If my fuel expenditures go up 10-15% as they have recently, that's a big deal. My only consolation in this is that I traded in my SUV 3 years ago for a little KIA hatchback. I can run it a full week on a tank if I limit my non-work driving, but I average 4-5 days on a tank. Last week was the most I ever spent to fill it up at over $40.

I need to fill up again and the stations next to my office are both a 3.69. I'm hoping the little ma/pa shop down the road is still at 3.49.

[edit]
Xel - good to know I can still get it in the 3.40's. I work in Durham but live in Creedmoor.
edit on 7-3-2011 by an0maly33 because: added comment

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I didn't notice anything but regular, but here in NGA 87octane is 3.50 today. That's at walmart, which is one of the cheaper places to buy it here, about 15 minutes ago.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
$3.49 on Tybee Island, GA

$3.45 in Savannah, GA

Thats not so high, when compared to some other places, I see.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

Actually, funding for the health service and state pensions is through a secondary tax we pay on earnings known as National Insurance. The income tax and indirect taxes on goods aren't used for the health care system.

Which is why we complain about fuel in particular. Why does there need to be over 70 pence worth of tax on a single litre of fuel. Gov. takes over £3 ($5) of tax per gallon.

£1.33 a litre here atm.

The one that amazed me was when I was being taken to the airport in the UAE and the agent stopped off at a petrol station. Had a look at the pump and I thought "hmm it's surprisingly expensive here, almost a dollar a litre." I mentioned this to the agent who kindly pointed out that the pumps read in imperial gallons, not litres.

65p a gallon! I'd give my right arm for petrol that cheap.

Another thing I've noticed in the UK/US comparisons is how crap your fuel is. Regular over here is 95 RON and premium is at least 98 RON. My bike would struggle to even run properly on your "premium" juice.
edit on 7/3/11 by cheesyleps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here in Northern Ireland on the west side its:

1.36 for Petrol
1.40 for Diesel

Time to get rid of the car. Can't be bothered with these prices anymore.

Now where did I leave my bike clips?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

I work in insurance and let me tell you the rates are not going to get much better.

You heard it here first.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
dont get me wrong as im complaining and im bloody angry about it as usuall we are being taken for idiots, its always been like that in the uk and you know why, its because weve let it happen, we havnt stood up for ourselves, well things are starting to change, the public is slowly starting to wake up to the great con/deception it may take a few years but things will change

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sensairich

No matter what we do it won't change. You saw how feisty the student protests got, and the fees are still going to go up come 2012, so trying to stop the petrol prices going up just seems like a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

$3.35 for 87 here in North Alabama.
reply to post by 1curious1

Wrong!... Try more like 3.65 in Huntsville

Where is the Hydrogen fuel!?!?
When will we tap our domestic reserves again?!?!
Will tapping the domestic reserve necessarily reduce end cost?
I understand that the US decided to tap domestic reserves under similar circumstance in '96 i believe. Im too young to remember this from a consumer standpoint as i was only 13 at the time. Can anyone offer any insight in to how this effected prices then?
edit on 7-3-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

My only consolation in this is that I traded in my SUV 3 years ago for a little KIA hatchback.

Me too, downgraded from a petrol to a diesel, with no PAS
. Some people in the UK are leaving their jobs because of the expense of running a vehicle. Where's it all going to end?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here In Sarnia Ontario it is right now $1.42 per litre for premium and we make the stuff here.
Sorry that I do not have the reg and mid grade prices as premium is all we be buy because our vehicles demand it.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 7-3-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
$3.39 for reg. UL.

$3.59 for Prem.

Cost $70 to fill my jeep. Thankfully, most everything I need job included is within a mile to mile and a half from my house so that will last me almost two weeks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

sitting back and doing nothing = nothing, getting off your arse and doing something will make a difference,what is needed is a complete change in how this country is run, we are sio used to how it has been we are afraid of change, but if we can make change ie people governing the people then we can make changes, we can reduce costs the more you start to think about it ie the waste of taxpayers money the more you realise how you can save the money and spend only where its needed, if you need to start digging just look at the federal reserve bank or the rothschilds and just get digging

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
$1:50 per litre standard unleaded
and going up daily....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Chicago Il $3.71 a gal regular unleaded

some stations are at $4.00 right now,

and there saying its gonna hit 5 by this summer if not more.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join