It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of feminine characteristics...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

The men that demand that a woman cook for them, are not "manly men", they are lazy people that are a shadow of what a "manly man" may be. If you depend on a woman to keep you fed, to clean your clothes, etc (a replacement for your mother) you are not a man, you are a boy.

Anyone who demands or requires that another person be a certain way in order for them to feel "manly" or "feminine" has issues.

If you dont like how a particular woman or group of women from a specific area look or act, dont date them. Its not that hard. Because someone else will. What people dont get to do, male or female, is sit around and decided that they know what it means to be a man or a woman for the rest of the species.

We look different because we selected differently, and we act different because we selected differently. Woman in Europe as far back as when the Romans first marched up were noted for their nearly equal size to their men and their aggressiveness and bravery. Its wasnt until the forced imposition of Christianity that they took up servility, and they chafed at it the whole while, as evidenced by their repeated attempts to throw off that yoke, which were finally successful.

If you want a small, soft, docile woman, find one. Leave the amazons for the men who can handle them.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Back in 1920 a woman stopped at a full service gas station. When the attendant came up she meekly smiled and said in a quiet voice, "sir, would you please do me the honor of filling the tank up with gas, I just have no understanding of those things", she batted her eyelashes with a vacant, bored, dumb look in her eyes. The attendant smiled and said "you bet ma'am", thinking what a polite gentle woman, all women should be just like that.

Later that day, a man stopped at the same station. When the attendant came up, the man said gruffly and rudely "fill her up", and ignored the attendant. The attendant snapped to attention and said "yes sir right away sir" thinking wow what an awesome assertive man he is, I want to be just like that.

Fast forward to 2011

A woman stops at a full service gas station, when the attendant comes up, she is distracted, and says with a distracted half smile "fill her up". The gas attendant glares at her and thinks what a B**ch, that woman sure is aggressive. He shows passive aggression and takes his time, she leaves him a tip anyway.

Later that same day, a man stops by the same station. When the attendant comes up he says gruffly and rudely with a glare "fill her up". The attendant snaps to attention and says "right away sir yes sir", quickly moves to fill the tank, and thinks to himself, wow, what an awesome assertive man he is, I want to be just like that. The man drives away without leaving a tip, the attendant stands their with a smile wishing he were more assertive.

What is the "moral" of this story? Some men never change. They think of themselves as assertive when they are being aggressive, and thinks of a woman as being aggressive when she is being assertive.

Go figure

Harm None
Peace
edit on 7-3-2011 by amazed because: uhm. really just cause i could

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Small-minded women see a subordinate role as a weakness. But let us look at an example of the value of the subordinate, in a male dominated patriarchal family. And so we can take the bias of gender right out the equation, we will use an organized crime family, from my favorite fiction.

In the Godfather, Part Two, the head of the family, Michael Corleone, leaves his adopted brother Tom out of important family business dealings. Tom had once been the family's lead adviser, but has since been pushed to the outside to a large extent, not being allowed in on the more intimate meetings and dealings. Even thgouhg technically, he is still the family's Consigliere, or chief adviser. Obviously, Tom is hurt by this, and on several occasions asks his brother Micheal why he has been put out to pasture so to speak. But he never actually challenges Michael about it. He asks why of course, but defers to Michael's decision. He makes no demands, he doesn't throw a tantrum, he does not seek revenge, he does not try to change the situation through plots. Instead, he trusts his Godfather to do what is best for the family.

Then, on the night when an attempt is made to assassinate the Godfather, it becomes clear how important the role of subordinate is.

Michael tells Tom...

There's a lot I can't tell you, Tom. I know that's upset you in the past; and you've felt that it was because of some lack of trust or confidence. But it is because I do trust you that I've kept so much secret from you. It's precisely that at this moment, you are the only one that I can completely trust. In time, you'll understand everything...

What I am saying is that now, for how long I do not know, you will be the Don. If what I think has happened is true; I will leave tonight, and absolutely no one will know how to contact me. And even you are not to try to reach me unless it is absolutely necessary. I give you complete power: over Neri... Fredo, everyone. I am trusting you with the lives of my wife and children, and the future of this family, solely resting on your judgment and talent.

And that my friends, is the lesson that is lost on women today. A man needs to be able to trust his woman in that way. But I dare say that women who actually understand that are a very rare gem indeed, today in America.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Okay...womens lib...Steinham and all that rot...a bunch off bull#. Women were working outside of the home long before the middle class chickadees got bored and decided they wanted to go outside too. Women of modest means, particularly minorities were already supporting families so this was nothing new, its just that no one takes notice until middle America picks it up. I will be the first to admit that women are the backbone of the home. We are the nurturers and the glue that holds the family together. If a woman has children she should not leave it up to the state to raise them. If you give your kids over to the government you are essentially green lighting everything from indoctrination to stifling of creativity to pushing psuedo food down their throats via federal lunch programs. That being said....how is it that so many people tend to forget that many modern moms work from home. We are multitasking after all. I own my company and use it to help other moms build their own businesses so that they can be their most effective. Attaching labels like "feminist" distracts people from the larger point and that is women have the right to choose their own fates. We are not public domain, though you wouldnt know it from the recent rounds of legislation. And while people outside of the US like to wax on about how frosty us American gals are...the most feminine country...Iceland. Half the Parliament is female....they banned all sex clubs...lesbian prime minister.....possibly one of the most female friendly places on the planet.

And I saw something about Wonder Woman without the feminism...lol. She was an Amazon. Men were like cattle to her and her sisters.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That was all I got out of it. That women in other parts of the world are just stupid.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Oh please.

For one, anyone who understands anything knows society has been femenized with emotion and sexuality. Therefore, men are the ones enslaved in this society of sex and pop culture.

To quote John Adams (whose wife Abigail Adams ironically enough, pioneered the feminist movement in america)

“we dare not exert our power [in the home] in its full latitude…in practice, you know, we are the subjects. We have only the name of masters. To give up on this would subject us completely to the despotism of the petticoat.”

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Annee

What does it say about men - - who would want a "nurturer" - - rather then an intelligent self-aware woman?

Most men want a nurturer at home and an intelligent woman as a mistress. I'm not trying to instigate here but that is how our brains work, has to do with hormones and genetics. We are programmed to spread our seed but we are limited without having a nurturing woman in our lives. Some men maintain their mothers as this person, others get married.

Perhaps - - and thanks for a real response - - not some snide comment.

I tend to be an emotional nurturer - - - but not the "maid" service. I have no interest what's so ever in taking care of a home or cooking or any other domestic chore.

I have to do things - - like hang out on ATS - - to keep my brain cells happy.

I think in many cultures where women are more "feminine" - - there is probably also extended family and servants. Women aren't burdened with "doing it all" as they mostly are in America. I guess - something has to be sacrificed. (oh gawd - did I just say sacrificed?
)

edit on 7-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

...What does it say about men - - who would want a "nurturer" - - rather then an intelligent self-aware woman?

I have to make a choice? Certainly I want a woman who comforts me, who has a nurturing nature and who is patient with children. Does that make a woman unintelligent? Self-aware? I think that a good mother and a good wife is more self-aware than some corporate drone.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
Small-minded women see a subordinate role as a weakness. But let us look at an example of the value of the subordinate, in a male dominated patriarchal family. And so we can take the bias of gender right out the equation, we will use an organized crime family, from my favorite fiction.

No one is fighting you for your man who needs his butt wiped like a little baby, are they?

And if they arent, just sit back smugly and think how wise and smart you are that you are subordinate, and be glad that so many other women are just not as clever and open minded as you are. You can giggle to yourself as you do your house work and breast feed the dog, your husband and the mailman about what a fool the more assertive women are.

Because you see it works out well for us all. Women who arent subordinate, dont like men who are testicularly challenged. We like men who know they are men, and who arent sniveling constantly for reassurance that their balls are still there.

Women who are subordinate, seem to like the men who need constant assurance of their gender, and role playing games, and so as I see it, everyone should be happy. You can sit around thinking how much better you are than us, and we..................well we wont think about you at all. Because we are too busy having lives, and doing stuff we want to do.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Women. Find a man who will be your champion. Who is smart and strong. A man whom you respect enough, to be his subordinate. Who you trust enough to make decisions.

Men. Find a woman who is intelligent and clever, but wise enough to not challenge you without good cause. A woman who is capable to make the choices and to protect your children when you are not there.

OMG - - - thankfully women earned their independence.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Because you see it works out well for us all. Women who arent subordinate, dont like men who are testicularly challenged. We like men who know they are men, and who arent sniveling constantly for reassurance that their balls are still there.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

Exactly! I never liked the idea of a weak male. Strong women want reflections of that strength. I chose my husband specifically because his strength complimented my own. He was confident in his own manhood and did not need me simpering beside him to confirm it. He preferred that I be his Valkyrie. I dont need to dominate him and vice versa. We prefer to just join the halves and be powerful together.

link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

And once again you degrade women who take care of their children, who breast feed, who feed the dog. In fact, you went so far as to be completely derogatory and disgusting saying that such a woman breast feeds the dog. Quite a pitiful display of "feminism."

link   

Women. Find a man who will be your champion. Who is smart and strong. A man whom you respect enough, to be his subordinate. Who you trust enough to make decisions.

Men. Find a woman who is intelligent and clever, but wise enough to not challenge you without good cause. A woman who is capable to make the choices and to protect your children when you are not there.

I bet he's single.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I don't know if you are male or female.
And normally I don't respond to post like yours.
And I suppose that I might have completely misunderstood your post.
And I suppose that you are male from the points you made
And I will not back up my next statement with proof or logical argument or an appeal to reason.
I just have to say and only once with no further statements on my part that I had hoped your kind had died out in the stone age.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

It doesn't directly translate. But some women have this attitude like they are better than men because they succeed in the work environment. I personally am very turned off by this attitude.. I don't want a strong independent woman, because then what will she need me for? My reproductive organs?

Men and women just have different roles in society. Men are the hunters, and protectors. Women are the caretaker and gatherers. Neither are better than the other. And both succeed when they participate in this symbiotic relationship.

Men who think they are better than women just because they are bigger and stronger are chauvinists. And women who think they are better than men just because they succeed in the work place are delusional. When genders start mixing up roles it just isn't good.
And there is NOTHING wrong with being a mom! It *IS* a full time job, just ask any mom.
I want to thank all the women who know what their role is in society and haven't been brainwashed by our feminist-progressive society.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

I bet he's single.

Define single. If you mean that I have not yet found my Queen, you are absolutely correct. And I am single by choice. But if you are talking about lovers, I have seven presently.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

You can breast feed anyone you want, sister. And you can be subordinate to anyone you want as well. You go around calling women who choose differently, or who by nature are more assertive or aggressive than you "small minded" so please dont think you can make me feel one tiny bit bad for being insulting in return.

I dont feel bad. At all.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Define single. If you mean that I have not yet found my Queen, you are absolutely correct. And I am single by choice. But if you are talking about lovers, I have seven presently.

Lol, you are a man?

Bwahahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alrighty then.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

Matey, I'm sure you are pulling someones leg here when you state something like

Women. Find a man whom you respect enough, to be his subordinate.

Women are adults, not children and should be given the respect they deserve as an equal.
edit on 7-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think the main problem is that the persona of the human ego is a male.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join