It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of feminine characteristics...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
they're stupid here. they do things solely based on peer pressure and peer approval, on purpose.

women feel more liberated around here and act on whatever they please. not every girl will put out unless you have her conditions met in a way. not all the time.

then...in colleges here, the women come from all over the world and IMAGE THEM so perfectly. it's nonsense.

The trick around here is not to care. Eventually the female will see who she really is and give in.

Then you have to think...there aren't really many Alpha Males out there or else we wouldn't have this problem...

also women in America only do that cause they're retarded peer acceptance way through the roof.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v

The trick around here is not to care. Eventually the female will see who she really is and give in.

Then you have to think...there aren't really many Alpha Males out there or else we wouldn't have this problem...

also women in America only do that cause they're retarded peer acceptance way through the roof.

So women have no brain and are slow? You have a low opinion of women.

No alpha males? there never has been many. He is the top man out of the group of men he is within. If they were all alpha males, he wouldn't be the alpha male.
edit on 7-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

edit: do some of us still live in caves?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

It's a complex subject, Jono. Basically, things have been mixed around so much, that both genders are extremely confused. They also aren't living to their full potential. Men are sissies and women are in desperate need of leadership, so we see lots of manipulation around the dating scene. People are insecure, unfulfilled, and don't know what to do about it.

Listen to my first link and poke around the second... there's a lot of good info, but you need to string it together and see how it applies to what you know.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
reply to post by JonoEnglish

It's a complex subject, Jono. Basically, things have been mixed around so much, that both genders are extremely confused. They aren't living to their full potential. Men are sissies and women are in desperate need of leadership, so we see lots of manipulation in dating.

Listen to my first link and poke around the second... there's a lot of good info, but you need to string it together and see how it applies to what you know.

I'll have a look a bit later and respond. (I'm actually making dinner for the girlfriend
:lol

I'll make sure she does the washing up to be fufilled.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by Anttyk47

That's extreme feminism, as bad as male chauvinists.

I understand you defending Feminism, but honestly this is how most of America's Feminists are represented.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm not exactly sure what you are defining as traditional feminine characteristics, could you clarify that I wonder?
I would usually think that someone using that phrase was using it to mean, quiet, mouse like, sit in the corner darn socks and don't talk back, but thats not what I'm getting from your post so I'm not sure.

My grandmother when she was young held down a job, raised a family and could reduce most men to a quivering wreck with one lash of her sharp tongue, I guess non of those things would be considered particularly feminine but she was poor and thats how it had to be.

edit on 7-3-2011 by davespanners because: spelling

I would reply to your question with the help of a real example. There are two flatmates : one an Asian and the other English. The English girl is normally rude and doesn't clean her mess which the Asian does it without any problem as they are living together. One day, the Asian girl just asked her to flush the toilet that the English girl forgot something which she normally does, only to get a rebuke in return. Few mins later the Asian girl found her food items messed up in the fridge which she had to throw away. Next day, the English girl played loud punk music and when the Asian girl complained that she has to study, the English girl put up the volume even more in temper. After few mins the Asian literally had to beg her to lower the volume.
Yeah, these are just few instances out of many that happened with someone I know, and it doesn't mean that the person I am talking about is timid, it's just that she happens to have more patience and perseverance than the other woman and the English girl clearly has low level of tolerance and an inflated ego. However, this incident is not the entire basis of this thread...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeah-Alright

I just read a story where unemployment has hit women in the work force harder than men.
It was because women proved to be less aggressive when it came to selling their skills and themselves. They were less able to BS their way through interviews with confidence. They did not network. They did not show the same tenacity and determination as men did and so they are being left out of the workforce.

I think probably generally this is true.
We all know woman's woman who still have those go getter, extroverted masculine qualities. Say Oprah for example. A strong and powerful woman. No one is going to say shes gay but the woman sees what she wants and goes for it.
Women in general find it hard to make clear cut and dry decisions.
They don't want to hurt anyone.

We all know manly men who have some very sensitive female qualities.
Maybe this man raised girls. Maybe he cries at movies. Maybe he is really shy and his wife is the extroverted "in your face" one of the two. Yet he is not feminine but embraces a feminine side.

The point I would like to make is that men having a feminine side and women having a masculine side seems to improve the WHOLE individual.

Frail and delicate girly girls will still be attracted to tough grisly macho men. And really they cannot survive without each other because their traits, abilities and qualities are all in the EXTREME.

What we see today are neo-human CROSS OVERS.

Women who display some of the dominating qualities of men and men who exhibit the delicate nurturing qualities of women. Together people gravitate toward their sexual "opposite" an individual who is the same blend of characters but exactly opposite gender wise....almost what we might think of as their "negative" image.
So that all the equally important masculine AND feminine qualities are STILL being brought to the table in the necessary, quantities to create an environment for the desired event called "FAMILY."

FAMILY requires the total package of masculinity and femininity that both individuals bring to the table.
FAMILY provides both the strong, serious and secure, and the fun, loving and nurturing environment for children to grow up in optimally.
That is what relationships and finding each other is all about.

Regardless of the changing roles, nature is STILL bringing the right people together for the same purpose...Feathering a nest and establishing the nourishing environment for the couple to live out their days and raise happy, healthy offspring.

edit on 7-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i feel western society, especially in america has destroyed women. instead of glorifying a good mother and whatever else along those lines our society glorifies sluts, teen pregnancy, and trashy slut producing music. now i am not saying all women in western culture are like this and worship this (my girlfriend is a perfect example) but western culture has destroyed what women, characteristically, should be.

death to feminist movements.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah-Alright
I have noticed that females in a traditional male-dominated society are much more feminine in their behaviour and mild so to speak. But in western societies, with what I have heard and seen from my own and other acquaintances' experiences, females are having more of ego-related issues and there you may find more instances of 'spoilt brats'. Now before someone jumps to conclusion about this comment, let me clarify that I am not advocating any pros of one kind of society over the other. Maybe it is because there is more freedom for females in the west and as human nature goes, they tend to take liberties of it.
This makes me wonder if as compared to past, there is a degradation of basic female characteristics, what it would be like in the future.
Well this is from a female's perspective who is comparatively new to living in a western society, I would like to know what do the males think about it. Are they fine with the fact that the females are becoming more aggressive, egotistical, money-minded and less 'traditional' in a way or there are those out there who still value those gentle qualities that in my personal opinion are very much valuable?!

I still value those things in myself.
I am not about money, if I was, I sure could have had it independently and through association, I know plenty of rich guys who wanted me to be their domestic partner. But I value other things those more feminine things you mentioned. I would be considered abrasive by some but that is only with provocation. I wouldn't consider myself aggressive but if you mess with my family you'll be met with a tsunami you won't be able to stop!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have noticed that females in a traditional male-dominated society are much more feminine in their behaviour and mild so to speak.
But in western societies, with what I have heard and seen from my own and other acquaintances' experiences, females are having more of ego-related issues and there you may find more instances of 'spoilt brats'.

Not all but many Females in the male dominated society (mostly in the countries where civilization and culture is very old) are feminine and submissive but they are highly intelligent and manipulative as to meet their objective(s).

Most Females in the western society are not as feminine and submissive because it is not a male dominant society for the most part though I have yet to see a female president in the US (if not UK where you have/had female(s) in the top most political positions). Similarly there are female CEO's and executives but by far the females are paid less in the western society regardless of what the society proclaims of equal rights. US is a brand new country with few hundred years of modernization history and there is a deep cultural vacuum. This makes it easier to come up with revolutionary changes to traditional methods and cultural belief systems which the immigrants did bring to US but in a melting pot, it was desolved and re-invented. Moreoever Women had a big part in the shaping of the US economy, war time effort during WWI/WWII, during the independence of US and the settlement and flourishment in the WILD west of US. Thus females in the western society at times are not as manipulative when it comes to social structure since they are more direct to go after whatever they aspire and dream for the most part (although achieving the goals is a totally different thing).

This is one of the reasons why most of the countries in the world hate the American Culture since it challenges the foundation of their own culture with mostly positive signs of destablizing it.

edit on 7-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
i feel western society, especially in america has destroyed women. instead of glorifying a good mother and whatever else along those lines our society glorifies sluts, teen pregnancy, and trashy slut producing music. now i am not saying all women in western culture are like this and worship this (my girlfriend is a perfect example) but western culture has destroyed what women, characteristically, should be.

And what is that exactly? What should women be? On an invisible leash beside you? You mention she should be a good mother...I think we all agree on that. Just curious though....what else should she be?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So basically us modern gals are vapid ninnies who do nothing but listen to their girlfriends and dress like sluts....hmmmmm. I see a bit of feminist bashing and while I cannot say i disagree with everything said...I would like to point out that man bashers have a counterpart....the woman hater. I hear men pissin and moanin all the time about how women are shallow, mean, dont like nice guys, only want guys who treat them like crap, dont have any morals, arent as good as their peers from more phalocentric societies and to them I say...QUIT WHINING!! I would say the same thing to a girl who did nothing but complain about men and how they dont measure up. Bottom line...we are all different and while you may find whole groups of women who wanna sit around the coffee bar gossiping and tittering like fools, or shop til they drop or those willing to walk a few steps behind, or sit there and look pretty and not be too much of a bother.... to think that all women should be like that or ARE like that simply isnt realistic. Just like I shouldnt expect every guy I meet to like sports, be able to perform feats of strength and be brimming with testosterone. Just because mum was a gem who kept dad happy and you want a woman just like her doesnt mean you should measure all dates by said standard and just because that chick you admired from afar was shallow and chose a football player with a hot car instead doesnt mean you get to put us all in neat little boxes meant to define who and what we are. Look for/be what YOU want specifically and nevermind the rest. molds are for jello.
edit on 7-3-2011 by irsuccubus because: I missed a word and typos haunt me

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
everyone has masuline and feminine attributes equally. You just have to be willing to use them

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
I support the femminist movement. Society is controlled by men and its should be said that women should be able to act however the choose as should men. More feminine men and androgynous gender roles i think is important to society

There are no genes determining purely feminine or male characteristics. Men use to wear pink and purple as purple was a royal colour, now if a man wears purple he's labeled gay. Times change as do social norms. its natural, its a new method of thinking. There is nothing wrong with men being more feminine or women being more masculine or holding the same values. We are all the same and the sooner we learn this the sooner we can all get along.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Xiamara because: Went on ATS before my morning coffee

God help you. You are so lost and under several misconceptions. Do you believe in Social Responsibility or not?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Don't doubt yourself. You are absolute correct in your asessment. Ever since the feminist movement, women here in the states have turned their back on femininity, humilty, and grace and have turned into masculine, aggressive, and out of control women who aim to dominate men in every field and aspect of life. This is why women complain of the shortage of the few good men that are left in this country. They go to other countries to find women that are still feminine and humble. No one wants American women because they have got their values f-ed up. They want to be equal in relationships and pay their own bills but yet want a strong and masculine man to take care of them. They pass over the good shy guys for the bad ones. They demonize men at every chance they get and yet complain that they want the perfect man. A lot of females dress slutty and whorish nowadays because they want to be "liberated" and "sexy" but at the same time, want a man to respect them. They give themselves an appointed time when they will have sex with a man. They call it "giving it up" these days. And they will wait until a specific amount of dates to decide to give themselves to a man that has no plans to show them their value to him by marrying her. The feminist movement has completely destroyed American women and their values. Back in the days it didn't take being 30 years old to have some class. Now, you'll be hard pressed to find a female that has respect for herself, men, and others as well.
It's a sick process. I'm not wifing up any female here in the states because females here don't value their man and have no respect for them either. I'm the head of my household and i'll be damned if I take a backseat and let you run things.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Agree 100 %. And if Darwin's theory is to be believed then pretty soon women will start to grow male glands too

edit on 7-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by Yeah-Alright

I know what you mean. But I have also noticed physical changes, and not just with women becoming more butch but also men becoming more feminine. I think this may be because of the large variety of gender bender chemicals found in western foods especially in places like America, western countries that don't have so much of these chemical (like certain parts of Europe) don't seem to have as much problems.

I'm wondering if these chemicals could also be causing psychological changes as well as just the physical. And if these chemical effects, combined with the societal factors (such as feminist movements and metro-sexual new age guy etc. etc.) is exacerbating the changes.

Personally im all for embracing the differences/opposites of the sexes, rather than merging them into a common middle ground all just for the sake of equality. But, in general I think we should always cherish diversity. This doesn't mean I condone any oppression, but rather that we should be careful not to destroy the sexualities just because we cant get them to effectively complement each other in synthesis of teamwork.

edit on 7-3-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

I just posted couple of lines to someone's post. If Darwin's theory is true then men and women will start to grow each other's glands due to some of the changes that you talk about

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga

Amen
Lets all go back to the Cave

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

edit on 7-3-2011 by davespanners because: spelling

The English girl is normally rude and doesn't clean her mess.
The English girl forgot something which she normally does, only to get a rebuke in return.
Few mins later the Asian girl found her food items messed up in the fridge which she had to throw away.
English girl played loud punk music and when the Asian girl complained that she has to study, the English girl put up the volume even more in temper.
I am assuming you're an international student studying in the West (presumably in US). The only way to get even is to speak the same language. Generally the women from the east do have lot more patience and understanding and are not provoked that easily. They can really take some abuse before they open their 'third eye'. You should toughen up along with your roommate and possibly kick some butt if you have to if the polite and kind words do not achieve your objective. There is a big cultural vacuum in the West and thats why the shallow minds. Its not their fault but just that US is a relatively new country compared to other major countries around the world. US Culture is pretty much whatever the immigrants brought with them along with the constant influx of new immigrants from different parts of the world. Eventually there is a commonality that is acceptable to everyone from different parts of the world who migrated to the US and that is the American Culture (if thats is what your roommate is).

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

women should stay home and make babies and cook for the men while he goes out there and hunts some food
Thats what I believe
Just kidding. Respect is a two way street when it comes to men and women.

The population is the problem. We have reached a point in the world that the supply is less than the demand. More hungry mouths to feed. Society forces the changes. Some women would rather stay home and not be part of the cruel world and its ways and let the men handle the BS that exists outside their homes. Unfortunately it does not work that way since many families do not have a male such as single moms who are either divorced or husband has passed away. I agree there are lot of abusive men in a relationship and there are abusive women too these days. However what one should not lose focus no matter how far we progress technologically and as a civilization is the basic and mammalian instincts. We are still animals (mammals) with a very good evolutionary blessings.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
There are no genes determining purely feminine or male characteristics.

LOL, maybe not technically, but I'm pretty sure as soon as I became an XY, many of my genes started veering away from adrogyny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join