It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive amounts of Info being relayed in dreams.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
One of the things I love about ATS is the fact that we can come here and put a line in the water
to find out how crazy we are compared to other people, so let's begin shall we?

I have been having "dreams" in which I am conscious enough to think yet still asleep
if that makes any sense. In these dreams Massive amounts of information/data is scrolling like a teleprompter
off of which I am reading.
It is scrolling pretty fast so I am having to focus pretty intensly in order to keep up.

Now, here's where it gets tricky.

What is being "displayed" is stuff that is so far above my head that I don't even begin to understand it
in my waking life yet, somehow I do when I'm asleep.
Things like quantum mechanics and complex equations. complex philosphical ideas, and long diatribes
on physics that are so far over my head they may as well be in space.

Let me be clear!
I don't understand ANY of it nor can I remember ANY of it.
It is so foriegn to me that I couldn't remember a single sentence if I had to.
It may as well be Mandarin Chineese.

Now, my main point in starting this thread isn't for stars or flags, save those for someone else who will appreciate them.
My main point is to find out if anyone else may remember this happening to them. If ANYTHING even remotely close to this has happened to you or if you know of any articles of things like this happening that you could link me to I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time.

This is one of several things that have been happening to me recently.
Depending on how much crap I have to take for this I may decide to relay the others.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
As I've posted before, when I'm in that same state of between passing out unconcious, and still being aware, I hear voices, see images ect. Its all very random, and comes very quickly. I cant say I've seen text scroll, or been able to read anything.

You should look up the Holographic Universe theory. I believe there's a "bank" of information that we are all connected to, in some form or another. When we enter these states of mind, we are able to view this information in a different way than when we are in our normal "reality". Just my theory though.

Good post

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Nothing like reading vast amounts of texts or anything like that, but I do sometimes have dreams which makes me really appreciate the power of our brains.

It could be lines from a play, or a book or the entire lyrics to a song that my conscious self seemingly doesn't know all the words to. In my dream I do. I hear it word perfect and find myself singing along. I am completely aware in my dream that everything is correct and I'm amazed at myself for somehow knowing these things with little or no effort.

When I wake up, it's all left me again. I just remember the fragments of the book or play I did prior to my dream. And all I've got running round my head is the catchy chorus to the song I was singing in my dream a minute previous.

Personally I think this shows the brain does have the power to to take in massive dumps of information and store them, but we struggle consciously with the recall. I also think we take in massive dumps of information without really knowing it. The examples I've given are small scale, but as I've not really had the experience you have, it's all I can bring to the table.

So my question to you would be, have you at all tried reading up on quantum theory etc, not really understood it and walked away from it? It seems to me that your conscious self has forgotten it, but your subconscious hasn't.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have weird dreams almost everynight, doesn't mean that it's some sort of conspiracy to feed us information.

The reason why you probably cant remember all the info that was scrolling in front of you in your dream is cos its random crap. Your subconcious will make up random equations etc to fit the '___' like state you have. \

Nothing unusual im afraid, just a creative dreamer (take that as a compliment).

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It happens to me pretty often, thats why the only way to start remembering that knowledge and those "dreams" is by keeping a journal of those experiences. It's hard at first, you have to be able to wake up and do this right after because if not you will forget within 15min of waking. I have read complete books in my dreams. I myself keep a journal but it is truly hard to always remember to write in it. So what I now use is my phone to record myself when im still in bed waking up or you could just make a note(iphone). By keeping a journal or just remembering your dreams, you start becoming somewhat more balanced with yourself (mind body spirit). In your dreams you'll see amazing things that are just waiting there for you to remember. I would say discover but its more like re-re-re-re-discover.

link   
reply to post by Screwed

I was once in psychosis - not joking - and was hearing while awake the most horrible lyrics I could imagine in a song, about someone I knew... and it was interspersed with bloody NEWS broadcasts... Entailing such things as the great Canadian ape crisis..

So the brain has an uncanny ability to really throw you for a six... I spent damn days hunting for a radio hidden somewhere in my house, until I worked out that it was indeed the motor of the fan in my PC - it acts as a carrier, alone it is inaudible.. but modulate it with the FAN spinning and amplify it by having it placed within a solid metal case, you have it.

Like a record can play with your fingernail, but you need to have it spinning and then something to modulate the sounds via the 0-1 bumps it has, and then need amplification.

I pulled that sucker out, and turned it on and off - music - no music.. JESUS!!! IT WAS REAL!! Oo then I tried to record it... Oh... Ha those pesky people are tricky...

I worked out it was actually the circuitry within a fan (It spins, does it need circuitry?) that was facilitating all this.. Someone somewhere had made every PC a subliminal hate vending machine... and only I knew it...

I had to put hear muffs on to keep that damn music out.. And that is no joke...

Then after a certain event, I realised I was cracking up and suddenly it stopped... But I still remember how it was so unbelievable that I was hearing valid lyrics that were abhorrent, to what I was thinking..

Oh how I miss 2003...

I almost even posted about it on the internet... Oo

Our brains are evil I tells ya... Never listen to 'em ever!!

link   
The other night I dreamed I was playing the guitar and the double bass.

I came up with a nice little tune that I was able to play the next morning.

It was pretty incredible. The closest thing to a religious experience I have ever had.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I have been having really vivid,lucid dreams for 3 nights. I don't take any meds note, however, they have all been inside an old hotel, hospital, type building with lots of people. My wife is there, my brother, people I know. Its interior is post apocolyptic and abandoned looking but everbody seems happy. Everybody lives in the rooms. They have no locks but everybody tightens the pneumatic devices at the top of the doors to make it difficult to push open. Never thought of this but will try it next time I am around one to see if that even works. I have a notebook that also has lots of info in it. My brother and i discuss the contents frequently. Basically, I will think I must remember this then I wake up and can't remember. None of this started until I was on a different forum I came acroos looking for info regarding how whacked RMN SEEMS. This forum said ATS, RMN, and educate-yourself where all disinfo CIA monitered websites to Data mine etc. Just a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i do believe i understand what you are trying to say about your slumber studies. i believe i have induced similar states myself while awake.

there was an instance, however in which i began to think of space-time and gravity being inetensly related but not in the general sense which we know it. i shrugged it off at the time. what really got me going into this supposed "collective conciousness" which some believe in was when a coworker of mine, one whom i wouldn't really expect to read into much "sciency" stuff came to me suggesting i read an interesting journal which had been published recently. so i read it, and in this journal it was describing gravity as an emergent force due to the existance of space-time (more detailed and accurate explanation can be found by searching gravity as an emergent force via holographic principle) in a "holographic" universe. what really got me going was the date it was published was around the time i had this slumber state study session.

gray area indeed, but it had my eyebrows raised.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well...interesting you should bring this up. I have only heard one other person, who also had an NDE tell exactly my experience too on TV in a documentary. I don't remember the name of it because it was quite a while ago. Anyway, I have died twice due to extreme circumstance. That is unimportant, but I was out of my body and I got this massive download of what seemed like all the knowledge in the universe. It is hard to put into words. I became aware of things I couldn't see. I use an analogy to try to describe it but it doesn't translate. It is like your in a dark room and there is a fish tank full of fish and it is dark too. Then the light in the tank comes on and instantly you are aware of everything in the tank at once. That is kind of how it felt, but an enormous amount of information.

I was not able to review it like you might a movie because it kept coming so fast that the volume was more than you had a chance to consider. And it kept coming until...well, lets just say the doctors brought me back. I don't want to bring out the dissenters. It was truly amazing.

One other thing was, I was part of the "All". That is the only way I can describe it. It was like being connected by some energy to everything that existed, Some may call it the Creators energy or Gods energy. I am sure people have their own beliefs about what that may be and I'll leave it at that. But, I will tell you I am no longer afraid to die at all. I actually look forward to going back because it was totally peace, comfort, and again it is very difficult to put these experiences into words people can understand. I don't have the words that you could understand the experience. Anyway, it may be a little different that your dream, but there are similarities.

The documentary where I saw this one lady that said exactly what I experienced was on Near Death Experiences. Only she had the same experience. The others had different experiences. I had told my family about it for months, maybe more before this show came on and I totally was shocked when the words came out of her mouth. My mother was shocked because I had been telling the family what happened and it is kind of hard knowing what to believe when someone is trying to tell you this stuff. It seems like if you aren't meant to die at that time you will be returned to your body. It made the comments I have heard about aliens calling your body a container sound about right. It is like an incubator for your spirit or soul to grow before going on. And after all that I have been through I know you go on. Some people might not like it, might get nasty or flame me, but I could care less. I know what I know. And everyone will know eventually.

edit on 7/3/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Sometimes I have dreams where information is being "processed" (for lack of a better word) at an incredible speed and with what seems like astounding accuracy and complexity. It's often not a central focus of the dream and has a kind oc arbitrary, "incidental" feel to it. For example, in a dream I might come into a room where a TV happens to be turned on. On the TV might be z lecturer giving an amazingly lucid exposition of something abstract or profound. Like the OP, I dont remember much when I wake up. It seems to go much faster and contain more information strung together lucidly than normal thoughts. In a way, it feels someone (something?) is "thinking with my brain," like it's a car beig driven or something (imperfect metaphor). Sometimes I come back from a dream like this with a witty or snappy phrase or clever little conceptual nugget. Sometimes with nothing, or what seems like nonsense.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is a Fulfillment of Joel 2:28 Read it for yourself. If you don't want to, that's fine. But if you are curious, take a look. Can't hurt, can it? Just sayin.....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

That is a perfect description of what it feels like to me.
It feels like someone else is "Thinking" with my brain and I am in auto pilot.
I am observing it more than participating. I am struggling to focus enough to keep up with the words
but yet, somehow, I understand them all.

Wierd stuff for sure.
Kinda creeps me out when it happens.
My wife thinks I'm nuts.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is an awesome topic, thanks for posting and sharing your story.
I too have had some pretty incredible dream phenomenon like most anyone else. I think it's something that a great amount of people share. As far as great amounts of information, I have never been able to have a dream where lots of information like formulas and languages is going on. I've had a couple winning lottery ticket dreams, but my dream recollection was fuzzy and I was one number off each time. But those are neither here nor there.

I think the most striking and comprehensible moments came when I was in the hypnagogic, between sleep and awake, state and I would see a lot of images, here a lot of different voices, conversations, faces, ideas, shapes.

I know that part made me feel crazy for a long time, especially with the voices because of the stigma of "I hear voices"

But really, I did and still do occasionally.

Dreams are the greatest connector of people and the majority of us are unaware of the importance of dreams.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

My main point is to find out if anyone else may remember this happening to them.

Many times. Sometimes it scrolls across the sky, or rotates around the sun in a celestial aura, or is spoken to me by spiritual teachers, or written in a giant book.

In Jungian terms I would say it symbolizes material from the collective unconscious trickling into the personal unconscious.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You're refering to 'lucid dreaming'. This ability becomes stronger the more it is practised.
As for the scrolls of text, perhaps work on slowing them down? This could be achieved through some
commitment to dream training.

A dream journal kept next to your bed might come in handy, as writing down dreams usually allows
further details to be aquired.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah I have had similar. usually in a format that looks like a webpage, sometimes a book. maybe it is because i read and am online way too much?
One occasion, I was shown a book by aleister crowley(ok, thats made you think I'm nuts) gave me information that was very relevant to me at the time!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's the way they program you and don't worry when it is time you will know, you will understand and you will be able to do the job you are here to do.

As time approaches more and more will be coming forward in the hopes of understanding what this is also.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just thought of something: in a dream, your brain moves much faster than in real life, which is why you can have a dream that feels like it's gone on for hours but in reality lasts only a few minutes. So there is a change in the speed of the brain during this state, and a corresponding distortion of time. When dreamers see vast amounts of information "scrolling by" or otherwise presented, I wonder if there is some kind of disjunction going on with the brain's perception of time; i.e., one part of the brain is moving very quickly shuttling through information at dream-speed, while another part is perceiving things more slowly (closer to normal perceptual speed), and thus it seems to be moving rapidly? Just a possibility to ponder. Or perhaps the information is being "presented" and organized by a more "automatic" part of your mind, while the emotional/self-aware part gets to stand back and witness this process, which seems alien and complex somehow. Again, just an idea to chew on.

One thing that neither of the above theories address is the sense of profundity -- the sense that the dreamer is receiving very important, meaningful, or at least intellectually advanced information; something you wouldn't normally think yourself capable of coming up with. The sense of an alien presence "thinking with your brain" is hard to explain, too. I am open to the possibility of both theories that locate the cause outside the self (i.e., actual encounters with other beings, contact with the collective unconsciousness, etc.) and those that locate the cause inside the self (i.e., some kind of dreamworld "splitting" of the self, confusion of sense of time, various "crossed-wire" brain-mechanics issues, etc.)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Okay quite interesting. I have only had two strange dreams.
The first- I was walking down the street my grandparents live on. I was with a boy, I didnt know. (He was very handsome too!) i felt this rumbling and heard a horrible sound. I look up and see 3-6 white triangular shaped "ufo's"... hmm kind of like a picture of the german stealth plane from another archive i saw on here, but white and no iron crosses. They flew really really low and then one hit the road about 100 yards ahead of me, gravel and pavement went flying in chunks as it picked itself right back up into the air and flew off with the rest. All i remember is running to my grandparents house in a panic. End of dream.
The second one, a little more similar to yours; creeps me ou the most.
Me, my best friend, and my grandfather, and a "friend" of mine (i have no idea who the hell it was but it felt like a friend) was driving a navy blue "kidnapper van" (not trying to be rude just dont know what kind of a van that is). All of a sudden we are driving across a wide bridge, low to the lake it was crossing. The sky was an odd beautiful glowing navy blue/purple and the stars were brigther than I have ever seen in real life. Then we saw this bright gorgeous light falling from the sky. As it fell closer we realized it was long and white, silver rings around sections of it. I remember panicking as in this dream I did not realize i was sleeping. I thought "oh #! its a nuke, oh no oh no, I hoped I would never have to live through this. Oh no, my best friend! OH NO MY GRANDFATHER!" and then it happened. It hit the lake. A bright blue light went out from it in a circular blast (much like an atom bomb) as the light got closer to the van i realized i could not run from something like this. a radiation wave or whatever the hell it was. I was done. I closed my eyes as tightly as I could and it hit us. The van was blown on its side from the impact and I just squeezed my eyes shut as I felt... a feild of electricity? Static? The best way to describe it is; I became static. I became Electricity. I became a flow of constant knowledge. It seemed to last forever and I couldnt move, I didn't need to move. I was everywhere and Knew everything.
And then I woke up
I tried so hard to go back to the dream, but I couldnt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join