It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Dr Hawass Resigned

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Any proof of Hawass's claims of looting ? All I hear are people quoting other people .Where are the photo's in the media ? Even a photo of a exavator on site would not prove beyound a doubt that this is happening ,a exavator on a dig would not be out of place would it ?I believe these claims to be as false as Hawass himself .As I said earlier neither the UN or the local tourist opperators would sit back idle .

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Any proof of Hawass's claims of looting ? All I hear are people quoting other people .Where are the photo's in the media ? Even a photo of a exavator on site would not prove beyound a doubt that this is happening ,a exavator on a dig would not be out of place would it ?I believe these claims to be as false as Hawass himself .As I said earlier neither the UN or the local tourist opperators would sit back idle .

it is odd that isn't being reported! and since most of it is said to be occuring in abydos, that's particularly
bad since it constitutes the foundation of the egyptian pharaonic line. and the raiders are said to be tearing apart mummies and smashing vases from the abydos graves. bad. bad. very bad. .
edit on 7-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Greensage

It has crossed my mind more than once that maybe a team of people could jet over there, pay off the, by now, desperate guards and finally get some answers to the many mysteries that remain in Egypt - the Sphinx being one but I'm also thinking the 'air-shafts' in the Great Pyramid.

When they turned up nothing, you would just accuse them of being "in on it."

When our personal fantasies are shown to be just that, many of us refuse to accept it, apparently.

I trust Zahi Hawass implicitly, far more than I would trust any of you carrion birds picking over his carcass.

Hawass is a good man, an excellent archaeologist, and a close contemporary of Hosni Mubarak.

That last part is why he's leaving, and it's why nobody in charge is willing to help him.

He knows that the sooner the new regime gets someone in charge of antiquities, the sooner the antiquities will be better protected.

I only hope someone with the integrity and abilities evinced by Dr. Hawass can be found to take his place. But I suspect it will be someone willing to make some good money selling antiquities under the table and off the books.

When that happens, you won't have artifacts to point at and cry "Look - this proves alien intervention" or whatever because those artifacts will be in private hands.

Harte

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I really can't stand Dr. Hawass but differences aside I have to agree. It's ashame what is going on and when the smoke clears I'm afraid we won't find anything left.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Watching Dr Hawass on his tv programmes certainly could drive me nuts. The build-up to a little remot controlled tinker crawling up a narrow shaft to find ....... another door will always spring to mind.

I have read odd things about him over the years but obviously I don't know whether there was any truth in the whatsoever. If the artefacts do go missing because of a lack of security that he remarks on, my heart goes out to him and to the Nation for such a loss. They may have been removed to a secure site - bit like the pharoahonic mummies.

We will loose a very knowledgable, enthuistic, energetic, devoted and colourful man and that I will miss.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What's depressing is the possible lost artifacts. I'm happy to see hawass gone due to his theries on the dates at which many of these structures were built. Egyptians wrote down everything they did during the times the pyramids were allegedly built, but they didn't write a single thing about building the pyramids...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kip27
What's depressing is the possible lost artifacts. I'm happy to see hawass gone due to his theries on the dates at which many of these structures were built. Egyptians wrote down everything they did during the times the pyramids were allegedly built, but they didn't write a single thing about building the pyramids...

Given that your assertion about what the Egyptians wrote and when they did so is completely wrong - almost the opposite is true - then your opinion of Dr. Hawass carries no weight whatsoever.

See, you're a person that will state something as fact without even checking. You stated something above that was the opposite (almost) of the actual situation, and claimed it was true.

This is an indication that you know so little about Ancient Egypt that whast you say about Dr. Hawass - no matter what you say - can only be considered to be the amusing prattle of a purely ignorant daydreamer.

Harte

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Maybe he found the ark of the Covenant or some other powerful object and is going to hand it over to the Illuminati now.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Any proof of Hawass's claims of looting ?

During the riots, I posted a thread with current news and commentary from Egyptologists working at sites around the country: abovetopsecret.com...

The Egyptology blogspot is always a good place to look for news, including interesting things found around Egypt (like "the Great Pit") egyptology.blogspot.com...

Pictures, commentary from students and professors working digs in Egypt and so forth can be found on the Egyptology looting database: egyptopaedia.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Al-Ahram Weekly's review of Hawass' resignation.
weekly.ahram.org.eg...

This is a pretty detailed and fairly unbiased, I think, assessment of the situation. I didn't know much about him but I did know that Egypt has a long history of men in power who were more interested in selling out Egyptian artifacts than they were investigating history and preserving it. A lot of the allegations in this article were known in the Egyptological community, but a few were new to me. I wasn't aware of how heavy-handed he was with announcements, assuming that this only went to major finds since he didn't seem to be controling any of the professors here at SMU.

I do worry what will happen with his successor, who hasn't made any moves or announcements. I'm not sure how much he is doing to try and fix the lootings and break-ins and kick out the corrupt officials.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kip27
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Egyptians wrote down everything they did during the times the pyramids were allegedly built, but they didn't write a single thing about building the pyramids...

They did? Where?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I do wonder about this. Once activity began in Egypt with the old tricks....

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

This applies to Egypt and also this topic. Hawass, and Mark Lerner has links to the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Edgar Cayce Foundation, which puts the Cayce Readings on the table. As many here may know, involves a "Hall of Records" buried in Giza, between the Sphinx and the Great Pyramid....

Hawass seems to "spit-fire" at any mention of anything beyond the shallow "Egyptology" lines he preached. The science though, is a mess. One may wonder he has been a gate-keeper of sorts? Why, is another thing... Possibly a Hall of Records, would or will, have a very massive affect on so many things... from science to history to "religions" etc...

Basically I have this whole thing filed under, more to the picture than meets the eye, and wonder if anyone else has any idea what I am talking about! lol

edit on 2011/3/30 by Serafine because: grm error

edit on 2011/3/30 by Serafine because: grrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serafine

Hawass seems to "spit-fire" at any mention of anything beyond the shallow "Egyptology" lines he preached. The science though, is a mess. One may wonder he has been a gate-keeper of sorts? Why, is another thing... Possibly a Hall of Records, would or will, have a very massive affect on so many things... from science to history to "religions" etc...

Hawass and the Antiquity Council in Egypt have, in the past and at presnt, granted permission to A.R.E. to conduct research at Giza.

Why would this be, if Hawass was so adamantly mainstream, as you claim?

Harte

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I saw this news come out today, so I figured I would share it here.

Egypt antiquities chief becomes minister

CAIRO — Egypt's chief archaeologist Zahi Hawass, the guardian of some of the world's most important treasures, was on Wednesday named minister of antiquities, the official MENA news agency reported.

Hawass had served as head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities and later became minister of state under ousted president Hosni Mubarak.

Nationwide protests that erupted on January 25 overthrew Mubarak and saw power handed over to a military council.

Hawass's appointment is likely to anger pro-democracy activists who have been calling for the cabinet to purged of all old regime elements.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One thing is for sure. A lot of didn't care much for Hawass and a lot of us won't miss him.

At least I don't care for the way he proclaimed history as if he was its dictator.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Harte ... read my post again. I mentioned Hawass's connection to the R and I also wondered if anyone else has any idea what I am talking about! lol .. You might not know what I am talking about eh? seems that way.

MANY people have had problems with Hawass... lol He is famous for that! I mean "personally" had issues with him, directly, in PERSON. Eye

to

EYE.

And if you don't understand his background and history with forcefully demanding his "Egyptology according to Hawass"... then you don't know what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Harte ... read my post again. I mentioned Hawass's connection to the R and I also wondered if anyone else has any idea what I am talking about! lol .. You might not know what I am talking about eh? seems that way.

MANY people have had problems with Hawass... lol He is famous for that! I mean "personally" had issues with him, directly, in PERSON. Eye

I didn't say the guy wasn't an a-hole.
And, yes, I do know what you're talking about.

However, if Hawass was so all-fired set on mainstream thinking, he wouldn't allow A.R.E. to try and refute it. Don't you think?
Also - very little of the mainstream in Egyptology was produced by Hawass. You seemed to think Hawass is responsible for mainstream thinking in that field.
He's not even among the top three or four leading archaeologists in the field.

Harte

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Originally posted by Harte

However, if Hawass was so all-fired set on mainstream thinking, he wouldn't allow A.R.E. to try and refute it. Don't you think?
Also - very little of the mainstream in Egyptology was produced by Hawass. You seemed to think Hawass is responsible for mainstream thinking in that field.
He's not even among the top three or four leading archaeologists in the field.

Harte

That answers your question...

Originally posted by Harte

You seemed to think Hawass is responsible for mainstream thinking in that field..

I never claimed he was responsible for "mainstream" thinking...

Hawass seems to "spit-fire" at any mention of anything beyond the shallow "Egyptology" lines he preached.

here's an article... There's many sources for trying to corner the market on what I'm talking about... lol

The Egyptologist, The Sphinx And The Cover-Up

There's an outright error in this article.....

In the 1990s, Hugh Lynn Cayce reportedly said, according to Edgar Cayce biographer A. Robert Smith: "I got him [Zahi Hawass] a scholarship at the University of Pennsylvania in Egyptology, to get his PhD.

That is an error. Hugh Lynn Cayce died in 1982. I was there.

edit on 2011/3/31 by Serafine because: correction

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sounds like hes setting up the plausible deniability.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join