It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts and Everything You Believe in is "The Result of Bad DNA"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
www.prnewswire.com...

To be specific, the discovery is a previously unknown flaw in our DNA that affects the knowledge and beliefs of every modern human. Due to the flaw, our mind often contains incomplete information. Unfortunately, because of that incomplete information many of our beliefs are wrong, and we make critical decisions based upon those beliefs that are wrong. That's how our mistaken beliefs became the real root cause of many of the worst human-caused tragedies that have ever occurred.

The flaw discovered in the DNA of every modern human works just like a virus does in a computer program. Triggered by certain characteristics of our knowledge preexisting at the time, our brain, due to the flaw, discards very specific conflicting knowledge in our conscious mind and memory, and causes our remaining knowledge on the respective subject to be one-sided and incomplete. A more accurate description of our remaining knowledge on the respective subject is that it is wrong, and it leads us to conclusions that are wrong, as well as to decisions that are wrong.

I never really understood why people often did very illogical things. But after reading this book, I now realize how easily we, by relying on faulty beliefs, can be caused to do things that are wrong

edit on 7-3-2011 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Much came to mind when reading this article. Basically, this scientist says that all our personal beliefs are the result of a human-wide genetic flaw. Does this not read like a mass eugenics experiment in the making? I mean, c'mon...Everything we are and think is wrong because we all just happen to be genetically flawed?

I don't buy it. This is another assault on individuality and free man. After all, if we all just fix our DNA, we will no longer have flawed opinions about others and the world around us. Scary stuff I think.

www.prnewswire.com...
ed it on 7-3-2011 by METACOMET because: link

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The flaw would be how we absorb knowledge during childhood. Sure, that leads to illogical decisions.

However, it can't be helped. We will be the product of our experience. Unless we really do suffer from some sort of mental retardation.

Genetics + Experience = You

I have a feeling experience is more important. Defining genetic conditions seems incredibly difficult. The ethical implications are even more confusing.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yeah, I don't buy it either, but I'm not an expert on DNA so what do I know right?
I think peoples beliefs are simply that, they're beliefs not a flaw. Its natural for a human to attempt to come to a conclusion based on the information present, but its ignorance to stop there and believe that is the only way. That's why, in a way, tradition can halt human evolution... anyways, rant done.

Interesting post

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This kind of ties in with the nature over nurture argument. However, (I only read the excerpt) but I assume he is talking about all human kind as a whole rather than specific individuals. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

The argument wouldn't carry weight if it was individual specific because you can have two brothers that end up on the opposite side of the spectrum -one becomes a doctor and the other an jobless addict.

Anyhow, I think long term, the urge to manipulate DNA is going to overwhelm a lot of people in the bio-engineering field. The problem that I see, is that no one has confidently claimed that we know everything there is to know about it, even though the genome is mapped.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not buying this because I'm pretty sure there will be another Hitler simply because of this experiment.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
After taking a look at Fred's website I have to say its a scam.

If he had any sincere care for his work beyond the possibility of making money then he would not have published his study in this manner.

I can not find anything on his study or any information regarding his process during the study.
It appears to be a scam for some quick cash.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
After taking a look at Fred's website I have to say its a scam.

If he had any sincere care for his work beyond the possibility of making money then he would not have published his study in this manner.

I can not find anything on his study or any information regarding his process during the study.
It appears to be a scam for some quick cash.

If you check out his site you will find he has another on how to: "Become healthier and live longer"

So I am guessing you are probably right. However, there was an article in Scientific American Mind a while back that covered a similar subject. This could be where he is getting his ideas from.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
if our dna is flawed then the scientists should be able to tell us how we are supposed to think and should be able to 'correct' us on our ideas about the world, but of course they cannot...

perhaps we are flawed because we do not believe everything we are told ;-)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Predisposition, not predetermination. You can't blame everything on the way you were born.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

If our DNA, and by extension knowledge is flawed, then how do we not know these scientists are not flawed in their conclusions?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Maybe your DNA is not as pure as it should be. Your consciousness is innately flawed, sir! Don't second guess this man, he's a scientist! /end tongue-in-cheek

I'm in agreement with you. It's quackery, even if it actually does turn out to be scientifically true. We are each unique beings, we should not be looked upon as programmable robots that need to think a certain way. To "fix" this so called flaw would be nothing less than to deprive us of our individuality. Imagine a world where we all think perfect thoughts, the same thoughts, all of us. Sounds like a dystopian novel in the making.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I'm not buying this because I'm pretty sure there will be another Hitler simply because of this experiment.

I'm not buying this too.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Dont get me wrong, I was not trying to undermine your post or anything or cause offense. It was the first question that cmae to my mind though.

Kind of reminded me of the argument with credit cards - you cant have credit unless you get credit, and you cant get credit unless you have credit.

To an extent I do believe we are programmed, as is evident with our "blueprints" while in the womb. Its a partial program though, where once the item is built, a secondary program kicks in which is open ended discovery. Every single thing we do as humans, is explore.

Ourselves, our thoughts, beliefs, work, school, each other, the ocean, sky, space, moon, universe, and even other peoples discoveries.

To me this is very unique, since it does not occur in nature. Yes animals go through the same process, but their "programs" take them to the level of survival and nothing more.

It certainly does make one wonder about human DNA and what the point of it is. Even today scientists are still trying to figure out the point behind parts of human DNA that they have labeled as "junk". Even the way humans "explore" is intresting.

We know more about animals and how they function and evolve, what they came from and where they came from, yet are still trying to piece our past together. We have fossil remains of animals going a long time back, yet are still trying to figure our past out, missing links and all.

We know more about Space and the moon than we know about the Ocean.

I dont think its coincidence or random chance. For some reason humans are "programmed" to explore. Whats intresting about the way we explore is the direction we are exploring. I find it weird we would spend biollions upon billions to go into space while we spend barely a fraction of the money on the ocean.

We spend a lot of money on archeology, the Giza Pyramids, Nazca, atlantis etc...

The human drive for exploration, at least to me and in my opinion, seems to be subconsiously directed into certain realms..

Human History and Space.

edit on 7-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaia.chi.au
if our dna is flawed then the scientists should be able to tell us how we are supposed to think and should be able to 'correct' us on our ideas about the world, but of course they cannot...

perhaps we are flawed because we do not believe everything we are told ;-)

Yes, you get it. Maybe I see this as more nefarious than it actually is, but nothing really surprises me anymore when it comes to control over man. I saw eugenics when I read this article.

new topics

top topics

join