It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugees tell tales

page: 1

join
share:
AF1

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
A group of American anti-war demonstrators who came to Iraq with Japanese human shield volunteers made it across the border today with 14 hours of uncensored video, all shot without Iraqi government minders present. Kenneth Joseph, a young American pastor with the Assyrian Church of the East, told UPI the trip "had shocked me back to reality." Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists. Their tales of slow torture and killing made me ill, such as people put in a huge shredder for plastic products, feet first so they could hear their screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head."

www.upi.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
you're american ? then please dont complain about your enemies torturing others since you're doing it yourdself at guantanamo, according to refugees from there.

The US, Israel, Iraq, Iran and North Korea are THE ONLY countries in the world who didnt sign the human rights charta. If US has the right to torture, so has Saddam.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My God Rascar Capac, with peoples like you, we are on a deep sh*t. You don't care about the Irakians. You care only for your USA hate.

How do you dare to write such thing ? Did you read what AF1 wrote ? In fact, I bet you didn't understand what he told us on his post.

I bet also somthing else, but I keep it for myself since I'm not completely sure.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
My God Rascar Capac, with peoples like you, we are on a deep sh*t. You don't care about the Irakians. You care only for your USA hate

please be polite ..

i just say that a torturer cannot accuse another one. Both are criminals.

AF1

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Mr Capac,

I believe ultra_phoenix hit the nail on the head. There are three type of people against this action in Iraq: anti-bush, anti-war, and anti-american. You are anti-american, and are blinded by anything that is not anti-american propaganda.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rascar Capac

please be polite ..

I was polite. But you, you are...you are ? Well, there is no words for peoples like you. When the war will be over, a good solution would be to send in Irak all the peoples like you ( so-called anti-war peoples and pro-peace peoples ). I think that the Irakians ( once they will be free from Saddam ) will be * happy * to have you in theirs hands and they will know how to deal with you.

But don't worry, if something is going wrong, we'll send some UN inspectors from the Human Right Commission, headed by Libya .

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
UP-your post is just as bad as his the only difference is the focus. it's kinda worse cause you are wishing torture on folk who have done nothing but stand up for their beliefs no matter how misguided you may think they are it doesn't warrant that kind of reaction. you are just as blinded by your hate as Rascar Capac. ah, you don't see it...i don't even know why i'm pointing it out to you.

it sad what people allow their leaders to do to them. to me it seems the iraqis should have ran Saddam out of town along time ago instead of waiting to be saved.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Saphronia]

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I agree that the iraqies should be liberated from sudaims wraith. He is an evil and cruel man. I do not believe however that we have the right to do that. Remember during ww2 how we had conetration camps for the japaness. Face it we can do bad things but other countries cant. We follow the moddo "do as we say not as we do" This really fu*kin pisses me off tha our government is this way.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ilovepizza who then do you think it should be.

I am aware of the event you presented in respect to the Japanese, but do you have any information beyond public bathrooms which would instill any of us. With evidence that these Japanese/American citizens were treated in anyway reminiscent to the Kurds (or for that matter the Jews in W.W.II).

To be honest Ilovepizza you would have been better of bringing up the issue of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But if you had I would have bought up the issue of invading Japan. Which would have resulted in many more deaths than the population of either island.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Toltec thanks for giving more facts to back what i am saying. The reason i used the concetration camps is because it shows we are hypacrits.

One of the ways we are being hypacrits in the war in iraq is the fact that we attacked him first. We dont want him attacking us or having any scud missels, yet without any physical proff that he has weapons he is not supposed to have we attack iraq.

It would have been different if we had proff that he had those weapons, but we didnt. So that makes us hypacrits. We tell them not to have any weapons of mass destruction and scud missels, and others, but how else is he supposed to defend iraq. Sudam husaine is a horable man and should be killed for treating his people the way he does, but that is for the people of iraq to do. Not for america to go in and do things they are telling him not to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ilovepizza despite your contentions have not provided you with any such support. What is hypocritical is to conclude that what we did with the Japanese concentration camps, can be compared with what was done at the same time by the Germans of for that matter by the Japanese with American POWs.

Saddam Hussein committed Genocide against his own population, the US has never done that. Despite the UN response to an event which was the first since the acts of Adolph Hitler. What is the hypocrisy in this issue is clearly in respect to allowing Saddam Hussein to remain in power. The UN has failed to deal with what it was originally intended to do, address the issue of mass murder.

In respect to this matter the US is responding as it has always done, it is the UN which has drooped the ball.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Toltec...you know that what we did was wrong and there is no excuse for it. the japanese concentration camps is one of the few instances where our government actually admitted guilt and made attonement. it's sorta sad that you would even try to explain it away. not many of us know what if feels like to be singled out for being different in the US. so, it's easy to just pretend that that barrier doesn't exist and that this country is not capable of genocide...slavery (dang i feel like i'm always bring this up) was genocide and the after effects of freedom led to even more murders and rapes of black people. every nation has it's scars--i know germans that wish we would let theirs heal as easily as we let ours.

at the say time ilovepizza, imo, it's a bogus comparison you are trying to make but your point is true in the end. all is sin and unlawful whether we gassed the americans we caged or not it was a horrible demoralizing act which was made even evident by the japanese-american men who then enlisted and fought even after their own country turned on them.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Toltec, comparing crimes leads nowhere .. it's just a "who's more evil" game, and honestly saying i dont know how the united states compares to Saddam. Many of you perhaps think that the united states is a very nice country, because the people you know in america are nice. But what is happening outside the US? Perhaps the US is partly responsible that it is seen in the third world as a scourge ? The game "who's more evil" serves nobody. If you are interested in human rights and a better world, ask first what you do wrong and what your country is doing wrong. And perhaps you will find that killing is wrong, and refrain from violence.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
No Saphronia, I'm not blind and I don't want to see anybody tortured. I was, and I'm still, shocked. Don't believe me if you want, but I really care of Irak and her peoples. It's just that I found that story completely horrible and I don't understand how RC can be so inhumane.

Also, my point was to say that if * they * were going in * the after Saddam Irak *, they will understand * their * mistake. Unfortunately, I doubt that they will be able to understand how Irak and her peoples has suffered under Saddam regime. It's beyond their understanding because they never saw with their own eyes what was a dictatorship. We have a good exemple here with AF1 topic and RC answer to this topic.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
truly UP, i agree. and i apologize for not understand your meaning. i don't wish a Saddam-type on any people. i'm praying for a quick end and a truly free iraq with the right to determine it's own destiny and the right to kick Halliburton right out of it's oil fields.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
truly UP, i agree. and i apologize for not understand your meaning. i don't wish a Saddam-type on any people. i'm praying for a quick end and a truly free iraq with the right to determine it's own destiny and the right to kick Halliburton right out of it's oil fields.

Mee too Saphronia, I agree with you.

I just have a question. Who's/what's Halliburton ? Are you talking about the Halliburton Oil Service Company ?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
yep...i don't have the link right now gotta go a searchin but they won the contract to re-build the oil fields of iraq. just hope they don't plan to set up camp. surely there will be privitization but iraqi citizens should get first bids not US based corporations.

new topics

top topics

join