It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Muslim hate rally summons the ghosts of Jim Crow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Anti-Muslim hate rally summons the ghosts of Jim Crow

maxblumenthal.com

While watching the unforgettably hideous (and now viral) footage of the recent anti-Muslim demonstration in Yorba Linda, California, I could not help but think of Elizabeth Eckford, the African-American student who was forced to walk through a phalanx of violent white racists chanting “Lynch her! Lynch her!” during the federal government’s first attempt to integrate Little Rock Central High School. This iconic image was immediately recalled by the video of Muslim-American children walking throug
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The New Image of Bigotry in America
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe58482097e2.jpg[/atsimg]
Photo from maxblumenthal.com...
At the Yorba Linda Rally

The new hate chant in America seems to be: "We support Israel"

Is the irony lost? Isn't that a bit like chanting, "We support Hitler" in a rally in front of a synagogue?

And I'm not the one setting this up for comparison. The people harassing Muslims going into a community center are the ones who use it as anti-muslim chant.

Other links: CAIR-LA Releases Video: Hate Comes to Orange County

maxblumenthal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-3-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So now the Israeli flag is going to be used by the Islamophobes much like the Nazi flag was used by the anti-Semites in the 1920s-30s. I am growing so tired of these bigots and their hate speech, do they not understand that every Muslim, hell every individual, is different? They are not all supporting Sharia, they are not all cheering for Al-Qaeda, and they are not all being directly hostile to the United States or our way of life. How many Muslims have been convicted of terrorism? A couple dozen to a couple hundred in this country, yet there are 3,000,000+ Muslims in this country. Maybe someone needs to teach these morons some mathematics.

The Israeli flag should not be waved in this country and especially not as an emblem of discrimination and hate towards the Muslim citizens. If they think Muslims hate them now (which they do not) this will only agitate them and push them further into the arms of radicalism. Instead of trying to help them assimilate into our culture we want to push them out, isolate them, and persecute them.

I am glad that most Americans are not like these people protesting and are not Islamophobic, we need to put this vocal minority in its place.
edit on 3/6/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I just finished watching that video (slow connection tonight) and I am without words, I was so angry but so sad at the same time. How do they not comprehend that each of those people they were telling to "go home" are actually American citizens, probably born and raised here. Then they dare to invoke the name of the US Constitution to defend their beliefs of bigotry, that makes me furious!

I agree that multiculturalism is a failure, I agree we need to close the borders so that we can assimilate the millions of immigrants here, I agree that we should not permit Sharia law here, but how does screaming at these Americans that they need to somehow "go home" make any of those points? Bigots, each one of them, hiding behind the Constitution, the Cross, and the Flag, to justify their ignorance. I would be far more enthusiastic to welcome those Muslims, who are trying to better their community, into my house than I would any of those idiots waving flags as if they truly understood what it meant to be an American.

edit on 3/6/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am glad that most Americans are not like these people protesting and are not Islamophobic, we need to put this vocal minority in its place.

The thing is, is that it is creeping into the American main-stream via politicians running for office. If you watch the video from the OP by Blumenthal, he traces the connections, political and monetary between the "anti-ground-zero-mosque" campaigns and other anti-Muslim and Arab in America movements.

Below are two videos. The first is of the Arab American Institute’s congressional briefing on Rep. Peter King’s upcoming hearings on radicalization in the Muslim community, which will essentially function as a congressional legitimization of the anti-Muslim crusade. I speak at about 32:00 and describe the trans-Atlantic Islamophobic axis:

The second video contains my appearance on Viewpoint with Jim Zogby, where I discuss the Islamophobic axis in further detail with Maya Berry:
maxblumenthal.com...

Evidently, the first video mentioned was removed, but the second is still there.

Also of note, is the recent Seattle bus ad campaign and counter-campaign. see

Strong Zionist Counterattack against Seattle Bus Ads
Meanwhile, the David Horowitz Freedom Center announced on Thursday that it has purchased thousands of dollars of ads to counter the anti-Israel campaign. The Freedom Center's ads will read "Palestinian War Crimes: Your Tax Dollars At Work" with pictures of Israeli bus passengers killed by Arab suicide bombers during the Second Intifada.

In addition to that ad mentioned was another which read "Fight Terror, Support Israel" Conflating support for Israel as the same as fighting terrorism. These are becoming main-stream American ideas. That's why so many of those demonstrators in Yorba Linda were calling Americans donating at a community center "terrorists", that's what is being fed to Americans through well-funded and well "connected" PR groups.
edit on 6-3-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The only problem you have here is an infestation of stupid. Ignore the racist morons and go about your daily lives.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: sdf

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree that multiculturalism is a failure, I agree we need to close the borders so that we can assimilate the millions of immigrants here, I agree that we should not permit Sharia law here,

I'm glad you brought up multi-culturalism. I've actually been observing what the current Zionist PR (short for either Public Relations or PRopaganda) is pushing in the US and Europe. "Multiculturalism is a failure", directed against Arabic and Muslim immigrants and their descendents.

How about this: If multiculturalism is a fail, how about Jewish Americans and Jewish Europeans dropping the "Jewish" part of their self-identity? And while they're at it, perhaps giving up one of their passports.

See this thread: Multiculturalism is good for Europe, but not for Israel according to Jews!, That's a bit of a misnomer, because it's actually about everyone blending except, of course, the Jews.
edit on 7-3-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think America has found a new scapegoat to replace the Hispanics.

edit on 7-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

How long shall this continue? I thought I made it clear I was not talking about the average unionized worker. Maybe you conveniently skipped over my three replies? Well if so here they are clear as day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see you have gone and changed your response to me. How nice. Pull the rug right out from underneath me.

edit on 3/7/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

This is why I support human colonization off this rock. That way if group A) doesn't like group B) they can just leave to a new world and set up a missile defense system and not deal with people B) anymore.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You call that an Anti-Islamic rally?

This is what is going down in England at the moment.

Although its a very different situation over here.

Those american chose the wrong place, the wrong time, they shouldnt protest about peacefull muslims, they need to target the radicals.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thanks for raising awareness about this. I'm gonna head to the North Orange County Conservative Coalition Facebook page (link in the original article) and tell them where they can stick their fascist bull****. There comes a time where freedom of speech and expression are used to harm others, and I believe thats when those rights are no longer valid.

You call that an Anti-Islamic rally? This is what is going down in England at the moment.

Wow, the EDL. The biggest bunch of morons on the planet. They are honestly more stupid than I thought anyone could be. IMO, they should crawl into a hole and die. All of em.
edit on 7/3/2011 by Techy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The way I see it, there are two ways to look at this situation. You either accept that regardless of the existance of small pockets of extremists, everybody, no matter thier faith creed or colour, bleeds the same, and breathes the same, and offer them thier right to life, saftey, and freedom from oppression on that basis, or you dont. If you do , well done! You have learned the lessons of the past, of war, of terror, the horror of near apocalypse that hate, and fear, and spite engenders in an era. Your understanding of the lessons of time is such, that you will be a part of a beautiful future, should the capacity arise in others to think in a similar fashion.

For those who are incapable of accepting the truth, I am not about to bludgeon you into submission with historical facts, since those are already available to you, and it is evident that you have ignored them utterly , or deliberately misinterpreted reality to suit your own agenda. However it has come to pass, your understanding of the situation surrounding hate and xenophobia is the side of the human condition that will bring the entire species to a halt, slamming us either against the rock of inbreeding and futility, or see the species afloat and adrift , split apart and incapable of group working.
Your venom, your hate, your utterly reprehensible attitude toward your fellow man, are the keys to pandoras box, the very signs of the end itself. Far from creating a supremacist utopia, all that will be left to you, and to your children, and to thier children, will be a cold, blasted world, nothing but dust, increased background radiation levels, and a dying remnant of what could have been a fantastic species, mutated by nuclear oblivion and constant interbreeding. When that for which your kind are destined is upon you, may you look back in honesty and know your folly. If even at the end of the world, those who helped destroy it cannot take responsibility for thier actions, then even the death of all mankind will be meaningless.
I hope your ignorance does not last that long.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Look at their Facebook page 0_0 Someone bombarded it with insults. They could've been nicer about it, but hey, if it gets the point across..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
We've got it here, too...
...I'm tired of the racism, myself

It's sickening and I wish all racists would stop their ways and change their hearts, because it's destroying humanity.

edit on 7/3/11 by TheAnuraOne because: 2:20 in the video is where it starts

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Good find. The "boogy-man" hate machine of the power elite is in full swing, and the morons around the country are buying it. The drug war is an obvious failure even to the morons, and the gays just aren't scary enough. The big bad scary Muslims make a great societal "bad guy" of the kind the elite need to keep the population distracted.

I can't help but laugh at the absurd claims that "multi-culturalism has failed". Whatever the hell that means. What a joke. That just means that the person saying that at the time isn't able to enforce their bigotry into law.

They should come to my section of the country and learn the truth. I live in a VERY multi-cultural area, and it works fine. Because people here exemplify what the US was built upon - mutual respect of others, even in cases where there are philosophical disagreements.

The power elite hate that.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What really annoys me, is that you guys sit here and pretend there's absolutely no problem what so ever. You turn a politically correct blind eye to Islam, I don't know if it's because you're afraid or if it's just easier to not acknowledge the problem. Maybe both?

I'm not a fan of Islam. I don't hate Muslims, I just do not agree with many of their points of views. I don't support Israel, in fact I support Palestine. But in my short life, I've lived in quite a few different countries (the U.S., Norway, Sweden, Philippines and served in the M.E.) and have seen a lot of beautiful things and not so beautiful things.

One of those is what "Islam" brings to the table it migrates to. I've noticed during my travels, that most immigrants, be you Polish, Japanese, Chinese, Russian etc. they tend to integrate. Not because they're forced to, but because they want to. They want to be a part of the society, they want to live with the population.

But then you get Muslims. They immigrate and due to their beliefs, they refuse to integrate despite the best tries of the government to accommodate them and make the transition for them as painless as possible. If this was just a simple case of seeing women in Burka's, I wouldn't mind. That stuff doesn't bother me. But it's not unfortunately.

This post was originally a lot longer, but I'm going to have to cut it short due to time constraints. But Muslims don't immigrate and integrate, they immigrate and dominate. They demand we accommodate them and their values, damned be ours. They in general have very little respect for us "infidels" and view it like we're in their home. The rapes that happen in Norway are by non-western (i.e. Muslim) immigrants. I've had friends robbed by knife point, this kind of stuff just didn't happen before Norway opened it's doors to immigration. Islam and the west doesn't really mix.

Here's some videos I implore you to watch before calling me a bigot.

(The rest can be found on Youtube)

A couple of years back, there was a rape spree which made a lot of women scared to leave their homes at night. These rapes were done by Muslims, their reason? Norwegian women were like dogs to them, and raping a dog isn't an "issue".

Then we have our neighbors, Sweden...

To laugh and call anti-Islamists idiots because they see a problem isn't really denying ignorance, it's embracing it. As I've said time and time again, the truth hurts. In fact, that's an old saying. The truth won't make itself any more politically correct, that's not how it works. And the sooner we can address the problems the better it'll be for everyone involved.

Wish I had more time as I've got so much more to say on the topic. I learned a lot from my mothers ex boyfriend of ten years who was a non-practicing Muslim from Egypt.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

My father actually works for ICNA Relief and he told me that after the event, there were a lot of phone calls from those in attendance of the event whose children developed a fear of society that night. Their children couldn't sleep, were scared to be outside at fear of getting assaulted, and were afraid they would have to leave the land of their birth, America. Now, you can say what you want to me about my faith, people do it all the time, but once you traumatize one of my BABIES???? I don't think I could be held responsible from there.
edit on 7-3-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Yea but ummm, you do know that we're not all immigrants right? I've never lived outside of America...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Im very much aware that there are bad people amongst the muslim communities which have sprung up in the west.
I am also aware that factualy speaking you can break ANY demographic down, and find violent offenders, rapists , molesters, thieves and criminals of every stripe. For instance, the EDL might protest with vigour against Muslims, and site percieved criminality and extremism as the basis for thier attitude, but they carefuly avoid the issue of just how many white, British kids are involved with gang violence, with fascism, with assaults commited from the age of ten upwards. They carefuly skirt round the issue of how many white, British men molest kids, sometimes wearing the cloth of Catholic Christian priests.
They utterly ignore the number of white British men and women convicted of drunk and disorderly behaviour, harrassment, murder, drug dealing, drug manufacture, race related violence, rape and thuggery. They are so careful to avoid this issue, because it would make a nonsense of thier arguments, because the TRUTH of the matter is , that in terms of who is doing the most wrong in our society, it is not Muslims who contribute most to the degeneracy of our time, but those numbered amongst the skinheads and thugs of White Britain.
My messege to the EDL and the BNP is this:
If you so despise extremism, then pack your crap, and go home. You are what you most hate, and your presence is not required outside of Nazi germany of the thirties and forties, and not welcome where your very existance is an affront to every fighting man who died to fight Hitler. Go home, and keep your hatred for yourself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join