It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christ; Christopher Hitchens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Earlier; I made a post claiming that Prince Charles might be the Anti-Christ.

I still hold the claim that Prince Charles might be**(mistakenly wrote [is] before edit) the Anti-Christ, but have come up with another theoretical Anti-Christ:

Christopher Hitchens

The Anti-Christ;

Scripture teaches Antichrist to be a political, religious, individual, yet to come in the future (as of this writing), who is opposed to God and God's Christ and God's church.

An Individual Person;

It is significant that Antichrist will be a man. Antichrist will not be some strange creature, unrecognizable to you and me, some foreigner, a man from Mars or another solar system. Antichrist will not be a stranger to humanity. Indeed, he will be the final and full development of man, of the human race. You will know him well, for his nature will be your nature. Man always has and always will claim equality and identity with God (witness the insane ravings of the Shirley MacLaines and others today). This man's claims will be believable; he will be one of us.

His Method;

Antichrist goes about his business by speaking the lie. II Thessalonians 2 says that he comes "with all deceivableness of unrighteousness." Revelation 13:12 says, "and he spoke as a dragon...." Revelation 17 tells us that he was a false prophet, a prophet being one whose calling it is to speak and to teach. The armies of the world may have guns and tanks and bombs to bring people into submission; but the power of speech and ideas is a mighty power. In his initial attempts to destroy the cause of God, the devil used a serpent to deceive the woman with crooked speech: "You will be like God." Now he uses a "dragon" who speaks crafty, lying words. His speeches will be heard by millions who will hang on his persuasive rhetoric. The content as well as the form of his speech will attract. Like most false prophets, he will even be sincere and passionate. But he is a liar. He adds dashes of truth to the mix, so that his lie tastes like truth. He will use all the right catchwords, using the language of the church, even throwing in a Bible text or two. But he is the ultimate Liar, and will deceive many...

Read more about the Anti-Christ

Christopher Hitchens; 13 April 1949; English-American

The Signs;
10 of the 27 currently fit Hitchens*

-He will rise from obscurity… a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]
-He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]
-He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]
-He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]
-He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]
- He will have “no regard for the desire of women”: He will either be asexual or homosexual [Dan 11:37]
-He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave [2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]
-He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]
-He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]
-He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

27 Signs of the Anti-Christ
*Debatable...

Where to find information supporting my theory;
Wikipedia:Hitchens
Daily Hitchens

Note; Hitchens is a smart man, I understand this. I do not mean to reject his opinions, for they are only opinions.
My theory is also an opinion. I would hope that ATS will not outright reject the possibility of it's truth and will investigate my theory with an open-mind. Also, in my mind, Hitchens(1) as the Anti-Christ takes priority over Prince Charles(2) as the Anti-Christ.

Thank you ATS.

edit on 6-3-2011 by KOLTON because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The Anti-Christ is the TELEVISION with all its LIES and FAKERY. Yet it is but a TOOL. Of Whom, You Ask? It Matters Not! Utilise the KILL SWITCH and observe the subsequent DEMISE of the FALSELY RISEN!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
The Anti-Christ is the TELEVISION with all its LIES and FAKERY. Yet it is but a TOOL. Of Whom, You Ask? It Matters Not! Utilise the KILL SWITCH and observe the subsequent DEMISE of the FALSELY RISEN!

Although I see where you are coming from, I respectfully disagree. Television has no Power in itself. It is merely a tool like you said.

The Anti-Christ's Method;

He will use every tool available: school teachers, politicians, news broadcasters, artists, musicians, scientists and doctors, lawyers and businessmen. All will be pressed into the service of Antichrist to deceive men. But especially he will use those whose calling it is to persuade and to teach -- men who claim to be preachers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Anti-Christ's Methods

The Anti-Christ uses all tools available; including TV and the Internet. Media is a Tool.

The Anti-Christ is man, not a cooperation.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You kidders. The antichrist? What, you don't know? He has come and gone.
He was

Ronald Wilson Reagan
123456 123456 123456
6 6 6

Get it?

Can't we give this a rest?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOLTON

Originally posted by pshea38

Although I see where you are coming from, I respectfully disagree. Television has no Power in itself. It is merely a tool like you said.

The Anti-Christ's Method;

He will use every tool available: school teachers, politicians, news broadcasters, artists, musicians, scientists and doctors, lawyers and businessmen. All will be pressed into the service of Antichrist to deceive men. But especially he will use those whose calling it is to persuade and to teach -- men who claim to be preachers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Anti-Christ's Methods

The Anti-Christ uses all tools available; including TV and the Internet. Media is a Tool.

The Anti-Christ is man, not a cooperation.

We must be prepared to think outside the 'Box'. The bible is rarely to be taken literally. One man can only rise with the backing of many. A stamp has no significance 'outside' of the letter and its contents. Eliminate the postman and the whole package incapacitates.

regards,

pshea

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
sorry to break it to you but i am the anti-christ. you're wrong yet again.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The anti-christ will probably be a member of the oneness cult, and so many will think he's spiritually wise and honest, where he's really speaking falsehoods that feel right intuitively.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KOLTON

Have you looked into the people who think the rapture is going to happen on may 21st? wouldnt that man who preaches for that radio station fall into the realm of the antichrist? i mean, hes telling all these people he KNOWS the rapture is going to come, and to not care about any of your crap because its not going to matter anyway.

Some of these people straight up walked away from nice homes and jobs and now go and try to convert people all day at events and RV parks. Kinda wild!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
He is anti-Christ but he's not THE anti-Christ.

In order to think there is an anti-Christ you have to believe in the bible, and those short stories suck. Read other books, even Twilight...they will be more factious.

Christopher hitchens is a brilliant man opening up many peoples eyes to how corrupt and outlandish today's organized religions are. How can christians be on a conspiracy form when one of the biggest conspiracies is religion.

Mohandas Gandhi;
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

We need more people like him to help get the death grip of religion off of our society so we can evolve, and take control of our own lives.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
lol so 10/27 appear to 'fit' Hitchens, so you think those are good enough 'odds' to post a thread about it? Hate to tell you that's not even close to 50%.

-He will rise from obscurity… a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]

Can be said about MANY people even the religious. Don't all now (or once) famous people "rise from obscurity" anyway?

-He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]

Can be said about MANY people, even the religious.

-He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]

Can be said about any Anti-Theist and even those who follow competing religions (ie. Islam).

-He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]

Can be said about any Atheist or convert to another religion (away from Christianity).

-He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]

egads! It must be an Atheist then! Hey, why did you ignore all those closet Atheists?

- He will have “no regard for the desire of women”: He will either be asexual or homosexual [Dan 11:37]

OMG shhhh no one tell HIS WIFE (carol blue) she would probably be as shocked as he would be!

-He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave [2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]

Again, can fit any non-Christian.

-He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

Who worships Hitchens? Where is the Book of Hitchens (containing his 'commandments' blah blah)? Where is his church? Where can I join this Hitchens worship?

-He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]

Wow, I'd love to hear your elaboration on how this 'fits' Hitchens.

-He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

What 'fatal injury' is this? Why does it say 'appear' to survive? Either you do or you do not.....

Where to find information supporting my theory;
Wikipedia:Hitchens

LMAO! You say his asexuality/homosexuality fits, yet you link to his wiki page which shows his spouse (woman) listed there. hmmm

Also, in my mind, Hitchens(1) as the Anti-Christ takes priority over Prince Charles(2) as the Anti-Christ.

All you have given are some vague statements which could apply to almost anybody. Don't you think that if there were this "The AntiChrist" there would be no "guesses" about it amongst Christians? You wouldn't have to shoe horn him into the description or rely on vague or inaccurate claims and say "yes it's him!"

Also one of your "signs" says that the person will "rise from obscurity" - now, I'm quite sure that a member of the royal family, heir to the throne (Charles) cannot "rise from obscurity" as the royal family is not "obscure" in the least.

Thank you ATS.

Thanks for taking the time to post this!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
sorry to break it to you but i am the anti-christ. you're wrong yet again.

No your not

Justin Beiber is !

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There are plural Antichrists...

1 John 2:18 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

...any person or institution that is anti-christ is antichrist...
...there are many people on ATS who fit this description...
...and fulfill this nearly 2000 years old prophecy.
edit on 7/3/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You do realise that Hitchens has a terminal illness right? The Big C

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
An antichrist is someone claiming to be the returned Christ- Matthew ch24 v5- "many will come in my name, saying "I am the Christ"

Scripture predicts that there would be many of them.

As soon as Christopher Hitchens makes a public claim to be the returned Christ, you may put him on the list of possibles.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There is no anti-christ because there is no christ!

Now stop parading around in your childish fantasies and join the rest of us in reality!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
As a Christian who has done some study into supposed end-times information - the anti-christ being one of the things I looked into... there is a general consensus between real (?) biblical scholars that points to a few things in that regard.

A. There will be a spirit of anti-Christ (general turning against Christ - Christianity - Power of God and so forth - and from the look of the nonsense on religious TV... who can blame them... ) that will arise - this is not indicative of a single person but rather anyone against Christ in general. As another post mentioned - many many people will fit on that list.

B. A specific anti-Christ figure with specific attributes. Most theologians think this person will be...
- homosexual (“Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all” (Dan. 11:37).)
- male
- of Jewish descent
- middle eastern in birth and political ascendancy
- an agenda of World Domination
- Will make a 7 year treaty with Israel and its enemies for peace (and will break it after 3)
- Will rebuild or acquire the temple in Jerusalem and make himself a throne to sit on and will declare himself god
(didn't bother with the references... will provide them all if needed)

I highly doubt midlevel politicians or any self described atheist for that matter qualify in many regards to category B1. Additionally - Someone that starts a campaign against a people group for any motivation would prevent much of the supposed peace loving world changing personality that the "ac" is supposed to have.
Basically when such a character arrives on the world stage - everyone and his mother will be in love with them, every thought and policy they have will seem like gold. Despite the underhanded, murder and bribery and coercion that will be taking place behind the scenes - this man will show up in much fan-fare and trumpet sounding as any media spectacle you have ever seen. Overall the bible mentions that this person is amazing and spectacular and will seem like a savior to the world everywhere... and were it possible - he would even fool the very people like me that are looking for such a person or event to happen. In other words... the real anti-christ... you would want to bow down to him... not suspect him of being the anti-christ. (Strange concept I know)

"For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." Matthew 24:24 (NKJV)

Again most scholars agree that the "if possible" is mentioned in this and other references that we would very much be deceived like the rest... but an event like the rapture might very well happen before then and we just won't be here. I only mention that because its not like we are any smarter than anyone else... just that other events may keep us from being one of the multitudes cheering on this guy.

I remember a pastors wife who commented on this sort of issue with regards to Bill Clinton... her exact words were - "I know a lot of christians are talking about Bill Clinton being the anti-christ. If Bill Clinton is THE antiChrist then I am severely disappointed in the devil." (true story)

Anyway - FYI I did read the left behind series but I didn't like it... disagreed with much in it. A lot was compromised in many theological aspects for the sake of advancing the plot or helping the characters out of a jam. In addition to that... I thought the original point of the series was to somehow evangelize non-christians to look into end time events - the theology was way off and buried deep within mounds of plot and any salvation message - if I saw one at all... was pointed more at the characters in the book than in real-life.

So. Sorry I had to chime in and add my two cents. I hope this was not too off topic.
I think any person saying - I think so and so is the anti-christ - should realize what I mentioned about the two main categories... So... Christopher Hitchens would qualify for category A... Spirit of Anti-Christ - but not B. THE ANTI-Christ...
I don't think a self described atheist leader such as this guy, is dumb enough to build a throne room in the Temple of the Jews and declare himself god. That level of dumbness is reserved for another.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
All of this is great to hear....

Except that the Bible does not predict an Antichrist. Every time the word is used, it is speaking about a thought process, and therefore many people are antichrists. You guys must be talking about one of the two beasts of Revelation.

If you are going to cling to a fictional book as if it's real...at least bother to read it and get the terms right.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That sounds a bit like my english teacher back in school telling us our interpretations of a poem or a book was wrong... that the author was really trying to say this and this. I cannot remember who it was but I do recall at some point a living writer of one of the books or poems in question saying that the teachers had it wrong. There was no hidden meaning their interpretation was wrong and at best any interpretation would be best flavored by actually knowing the author and his personality, his history and his writing style to start with.

Overall you are welcome to interpret anything or anyone - any way you want to... it does not make it right or wrong... unless the author shows up one day and tells you that its wrong. (which is what unfortunately what will happen in some cases regarding the bible...)

BibleGateway - Link to the below text

1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:17-19 (in Context) 1 John 2
1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:21-23 (in Context) 1 John 2
1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1 John 4:2-4 (in Context) 1 John 4
2 John 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2 John 1:6-8 (in Context) 2 John 1

This is what most people chalk up to being the "spirit" of the antichrist. Not a person but a general attitude against Christians, Christianity, or Christ in general.

You are correct there are many "beasts" in the book of Revelation - however specifically the scriptures that are used to interpret the actions of the antichrist figure (the term antichrist being used loosely by many as simply one that opposes Christ and could be the self same individual "beast" that works against God and the saints. - not just in Rev. but in Daniel as well as a few others - statements made by the writers that did not apply to the modern day in which they were written but seemed to point to some future events.

In Rev. 20:4 ( a singular figure of a beast is mentioned in the KJV)

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

However it should be pointed out that there is again... a mention of a singular individual - given the term beast in the above text - but also given a gender and a position of opposing God.
Looking to the origins of much of Christianity - even the Jews have a concept of an Anti-Messiah
One that would oppose the Chosen-One of God.

The concepts come largely from the Book of Daniel - where he was writing about events then and events future and events even further future... Alexander the Great and Antiochus both being figures that are ascribed to being a "Type and Shadow" of the antichrist figure - it is clear to anyone that the book of Daniel goes from events then to events future in just a few verses. 11:36 onward

So much like "Type and Shadow" play a large part in understanding why Jesus had to die on the cross and what He had to endure. The same holds fast for other events, figures and people in the bible. The figure of the antichrist being no exception.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

A heavy weight debate between the anti christ and George Galloway. You'll like this bit
edit on 7-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

but you're swimming in confusion, i see it in your writing

edit on 7-3-2011 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join