It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO of sorts Oswego IL

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm not so sure if this has been linked yet, as I'm in a hurry and can't read everything right now.

Linked?

Apologies if this has been posted!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by XtraTL

Oh look, even better. These guys launch rockets in Oswego!

www.isar-rocketry.com...

though their rockets look way too small for this to have anything to do with it. But you could email and ask them.

And here's a more complete list of rocket associations in Illinois.

www.rocketryplanet.com...

NASA launches from Florida and California, so rule them out.

About 100-200 pieces of space junk enter the atmosphere every year in the whole world. Most land in the sea. Even if this is what you saw, it's incredible that you did.
edit on 7-3-2011 by XtraTL because: Added some more references to save writing yet another post on this fascinating topic

edit on 7-3-2011 by XtraTL because: Added bit about amateur rockets looking too small

As it turns out, it was not a rocket...

No, and it wouldn't have a fireball like that. Interesting. Wonder if something will be in the local newspapers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brandon xxxxx
To:
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 8:28 PM
Subject: Saw something strange in the sky

Yesterday (march 6th at around 5:55) I got a picture of something falling on fire from the sky... Then it appeared to go out and pull up from a 45 degree plunge to maybe 30 before I lost site.

West of Oswego, heading south...

Would u know of any rockets in the area?

Here is a pic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from my iPhone

edit on 8-3-2011 by sparda4355 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Nope, not linked yet... But thank u!

Nice video.

Similar, hard to compare do to resolution I'm assuming YouTube degrades videos to?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is it possible that the "on fire" appearance is caused by a refection from the setting sun?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Nice call on the swoop, I see it too. This is an odd one folks...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OhioPariah

No, i watched that whole line appear and once again, in person that was much much larger... It was on fire

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Yeah.. I dont think anyone gave a good expl' on what could have caused that. I think the best someone said, the wind cause the meteor to change trajectory, or something like that...???

I say missle or UFO, n not so as in other worldly but something not normaly used by humans. Earthly-alien

edit on 8-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The date on the video fits , but It does not say the location. The u tube user has disabled comments , so I will try to message him on u tube to ask.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

The date on the video fits , but It does not say the location. The u tube user has disabled comments , so I will try to message him on u tube to ask.

No the date of my incident was the 6th, this is dated the 7th?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Yup. This is his reply :TheUfoguitarist

Re: ufo at sunset
Hi, it was Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Sent to: bluemooone

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I might have missed something? Who is that and what does it mean?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Yea, the link I posted is pretty awful to say the least, but you get the general picture/idea of it.

The image you posted though is fab! Good catch!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

No it was a well referenced link and I do truly appreciate it! Thanks for the reply, I starred u!
not that that means that much to most of us that have truly intelligent things to say.

Thank you for the compliment!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by XtraTL

Thats actually really interesting! Thanks for that info! I'm still trying to wrap my head around that...I can imagine that as it looses mass, that it would lose inertia. Still I'm not sure how that would cause to to actually change direction, unless it hit a patch of turbulent air or something. If you find some info, or a link describing this phenomenon in more detail, I'd be really grateful if you could pass it on to me! Thanks!

I searched pretty hard for information that might suggest this is possible. Unfortunately I didn't find anything. I think it's something you'd have to ask experts. For the moment, we have to assume that wind cannot affect the trajectory of the object itself (though it is obvious that it can affect the smoke trail left behind).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on that one.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by b0sanac

I agree that it is unidentified. I would tend to dispute that it is flying though. I don't see enough evidence to be sure of that. It's clearly on fire for one thing.

The fact that it appeared to be so large also tends to rule against it being a meteor. As the OP said, if it had been a meteorite it would have been reported. It's also extremely low in the atmosphere and the OP said it was quite large and at one point a black object was quite visible and not a small object.

I don't see any way that a meteorite could itself be visible at that altitude and not leave a large hole in the ground when it crashed into the earth.

The evidence tends to point to it being a large object which did not enter the atmosphere at cosmic velocity, but which mostly burned up on reentry, but which was braked so much and had so much surface area that it was influenced by air currents as it slowed right down.

But given that we've essentially ruled out it being known space junk. The only explanations left are highly improbable ones. Come to think of it, are there any explanations left, or is this totally inexplicable!?

Maybe the military shot something down high above US airspace and neglected to mention it?

edit on 9-3-2011 by XtraTL because: less dogmatic

edit on 9-3-2011 by XtraTL because: Decided to significantly expand my post

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

That is a reply from the person who took the video above)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Oops double post...
edit on 9-3-2011 by sparda4355 because: Double post

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Oh, that makes sense... Duh, I remember you saying you were gonna talk to him.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Actually I can sort of see a scenario if I take it to the extreme. If I imagine that I take a handful of powder and compress it into a ball in my hand....then throw it as hard as I can, it might travel a foot or less before it breaks up and basically comes to a stop in the the air, where it would then start to slowly float downward in a dusty cloud. Now how well this applies to a rock, or chunk of ice I don't know. I can see the more solid object cutting through the air like butter...till it breaks up, and looses inertia, then starts to slow...this would undoubtedly cause it to start falling at a faster rate. I'm just not sure whether or not it would really be all that noticeable, or just a slight deceleration, and a slight change to the arc it is traveling.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Dude, it doesn't start falling faster and change to a steeper angle, that would be easy to explain... The object actually goes out and then pulls up to a lessor angle!!! The object in front of it isn't what I'm referring to, I actually don't know what that is?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join