It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama asks Saudis to airlift weapons into Benghazi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Desperate to avoid US military involvement in Libya in the event of a prolonged struggle between the Gaddafi regime and its opponents, the Americans have asked Saudi Arabia if it can supply weapons to the rebels in Benghazi. The Saudi Kingdom, already facing a "day of rage" from its 10 per cent Shia Muslim community on Friday, with a ban on all demonstrations, has so far failed to respond to Washington's highly classified request, although King Abdullah personally loathes the Libyan leader, who tried to assassinate him just over a year ago.

whoa, I don't know about this.
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Desperate to avoid US military involvement in Libya in the event of a prolonged struggle between the Gaddafi regime and its opponents, the Americans have asked Saudi Arabia if it can supply weapons to the rebels in Benghazi. The Saudi Kingdom, already facing a "day of rage" from its 10 per cent Shia Muslim community on Friday, with a ban on all demonstrations, has so far failed to respond to Washington's highly classified request, although King Abdullah personally loathes the Libyan leader, who tried to assassinate him just over a year ago.

whoa, I don't know about this.
www.independent.co.uk...

Now that is a twist i wonder if he'll do the smart thing or just fail like anyone in a position of power in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It seems like Obama is going out of his way to provide assistance to whichever Muslims will cause the US the most trouble.

He kicked Mubarak to the curb after 30 years of peaceful relations with Israel in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood (The philosophical parent of al-Qaeda and Hezbollah.) The Muslim Brotherhood has made no secret that it plans to install a sharia-based government if it gets the opportunity. They have already told the Israelis that they will not repair the oil pipeline from Egypt to Israel (destroyed by elements of Hamas,) and that they want to nullify the peace treaty with the Israelis.

In Libya, Gadaffi, while a nutcase, hasn't been rattling his saber since President Reagan ordered an F-111 to bomb his tent (unfortunately killing Gadaffi's young daughter.) After that, he stuck his head in the sand and played nice except for PA 103; but I think overall he has been properly motivated to abandon his former douchebaggery. So great, send weapons to the rebels and HOPE that Islamists don't hijack the revolution.

Then there is Iran. Two years ago, Obama turned a deaf ear to the pleas of protesters who were begging for support - and they were protesting a regime that, in THEIR eyes, has been our bitter enemy since 1979. So fine. Poor Neda died for nothing.

Now he's doing it again. Iranian protests are met with crushing resistance every bit as brutal as Libya's, but Dear Leader says it's none of our business. The one revolution we SHOULD be supporting, and President Numbnuts won't give it half-a-thought. He's bound and determined to have every government in the Muslim world led by adherents that hate our guts and want to see us converted or destroyed.

Tell me this Scumbag-in-Chief doesn't have an agenda that is contrary to the best interests of the US, and I have a bridge to sell you (It's surrounded by swamp land, doesn't go anywhere, and it's made out of cotton candy.)

edit on 3/6/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Tell me this Scumbag-in-Chief doesn't have an agenda that is contrary to the best interests of the US, and I have a bridge to sell you (It's surrounded by swamp land, doesn't go anywhere, and it's made out of cotton candy.)

That's is you assume the president really has a say or is merely a puppet..

BTW, I thought the Egypt/Israel pipeline was fine...
Have a link to show where it was destroyed?
I'd read it was the Jordanian link that was cut...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Speaking Of Presidential Agendas , seems Obama is behind the rising costs of Gas currently in the U.S.due to his administrations Energy policies .........

www.washingtontimes.com...

So , when will the Word " Impeachment " rear it's Ugly Head for this Man ? Soon I Hope !
edit on 6-3-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

That's is you assume the president really has a say or is merely a puppet..

BTW, I thought the Egypt/Israel pipeline was fine...
Have a link to show where it was destroyed?
I'd read it was the Jordanian link that was cut...

Always happy to oblige. Clicky Clicky

The damage to Israel's power supply is substantial. Egyptian gas fueled 40 percent of Israel's electricity requirements. In the meantime, world fuel prices have shot up and Israel has been forced to convert its power stations from gas to heavy fuel, incurring extra outlay running into hundreds of millions of dollars a month

Just re-read the article from the OP and saw this:

Shia organisers claim that up to 20,000 protesters plan to demonstrate with women in the front rows to prevent the Saudi army from opening fire.

What a bunch of cowards! It would serve them right if the Saudi Army waded into them with truncheons and beat them to death.

edit on 3/6/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Speaking Of Presidential Agendas , seems Obama is behind the rising costs of Gas currently in the U.S.due to his administrations Energy policies .........

So , when will the Word " Impeachment " rear it's Ugly Head for this Man ? Soon I Hope !

BIG Star.

Great article. Apparently, great minds think alike.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks, odd though because I had read it didn't affect Israel..

But anyways, I'd say it's about time Israel paid a fair market price to the Egyptian people rather than a backhanded deal to a corrupt leader..

Maybe if Israel agrees to a fair price they will resume supply..

As to your idea of charging women, well that needs no comment...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Libyians know that SA is in the pocket of the US.
They will probably not want SA intervening either.
The Rebel's want to do this one for themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Great post and thank you, it summed everything quite well.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

BIG Star.

Great article. Apparently, great minds think alike.

No doubt, I saw that coming before the elections.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Mods might as well move this to the political forum because it's only going to be about Obama and how his polices suck and how he should be impeached....you know just same old.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Maybe he has an agenda against Israel?
He just can't be that obvious about it.

When Israel starts up with the 'help us, help us, against this evil',

Obama can don his superman jamy's, and say:

"we will rescue you!
If you sign this peace accord based on 1967 borders.
And you surrender your nuclear weapons".

Palestine gets a state.
Israel gets peace.

Everybody happy.

OBAMA Saves the World!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The dichotomy is that while the Saudi's are putting their boots on the throats of protesters in THEIR country, Obama is asking for help in supplying arms to the protesters in Libia.
I don't understand.

Really.

I just don't get it. I mean, sure. . . allies and all, oil and supply, OPEC, and all that.

But has morality left the building?

On the other hand, as stated in the Egypt protest threads, who's to say that the protesters will bring about "positive" change?

I guess I'd have to plead ignorant and read more, but this is confusing the heck out of me.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The dichotomy is that while the Saudi's are putting their boots on the throats of protesters in THEIR country, Obama is asking for help in supplying arms to the protesters in Libia.
I don't understand.

Me either, unless it is all about who they want in power,

It is confusing beezzer

something very wicked is going on.

edit on 113131p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Mods might as well move this to the political forum because it's only going to be about Obama and how his polices suck and how he should be impeached....you know just same old.

It is waaaaay past being about Obama.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

"we will rescue you!

Palestine gets a state.
Israel gets peace.

Everybody happy.

OBAMA Saves the World!

I guess we will find out pretty soon.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

As to your idea of charging women, well that needs no comment...

I think you misunderstood me. I meant the cowardly MEN hiding behind the women should pay for that cowardice. I would never advocate attacking defenseless women. I'll leave that to the Neanderthals who have a hardon for implementing sharia; seems to be their thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

"we will rescue you!

Palestine gets a state.
Israel gets peace.

Everybody happy.

OBAMA Saves the World!

Wouldn't that make him the Antichrist?

Oh, wait.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I think you misunderstood me. I meant the cowardly MEN hiding behind the women should pay for that cowardice. I would never advocate attacking defenseless women. I'll leave that to the Neanderthals who have a hardon for implementing sharia; seems to be their thing.
\

Fair enough..
I've seen women and children used as shields etc by many different groups..
It's never pretty IMO..Cowards yes, but they number many...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join