It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims, supporters protest Congressional hearing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Sorry, I meant that other lunatic, Gaddafi.

They are interchangeable.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

All of your examples are complete and total BS.

Complete and TOTAL BS.

All I hear from the right is "Core Christian Values" why should I have to put up with ANY religion?

Fact of the matter is, there's too many "Christian" politicians in this country. Why should I have to put up with laws based on Cannon Law? You all are afraid of Sharia Law? How about Cannon Law? Just because Christians are feeling the effects of actual freedom from religious dogma doesn't mean you are being forced to do anything. Why should the rest of us have to tolerate YOUR religion shoved down our throats?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
All of you are missing the point, and i hate to say it bought into the media biased on this.

The point of the hearings is to look into the presence of Radical Muslims in this country. This is not a witch hunt of all Muslims, this is a purposeful look into whether or not there are people looking to harm this country, who happen to Muslim.
The basis for this, is that we know there are groups that are trying to radicalize members of the Muslim community, Al-qaeda for one. To further the point, there has been several attacks, attempted / accomplished, were Americans have been recruited inside of the Muslim community, gone overseas for training and returned to the US to carry out Missions against their homeland.

If ya'll want something to be out raged about, look at how many "Patriot" groups that call for the return to small govt, and a return to the Constitution as written and intended by our founders make the DHS, and other agencies, terrorist lists.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rcubed1080

Using that logic, they must then hold hearings on the Westboro Baptist Church and The Army of God and try and find out if there are any "radicalized" Christians in this nation, because as you know, those groups try and recruit and radicalize members of the Christian population to do harm to this country too.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Then I urge you to write your senators and congressmen to form such investigative hearings sir. Both groups you mentioned are already considered terrorist/hate-groups, investigating them and their scope wouldn't be any more out of line, than investigating the presence of radical Muslims inside of our boarders.

But none the less, the purpose stated behind representative King's investigative hearings, is nothing more than to investigate the presence of radical Muslims inside of our boarders.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rcubed1080

But is it just those groups or is the overwhelming majority of Christians just as radicalized?

After all you don't hear any Christian leaders denounce these groups, so, using the logic of these hearings then all Christian groups must support this radical version of Christianity.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thught this was an interesting little tidbit:

Peter King, IRA supporter and enthusiastic counter-terrorism advocate

In 1985, the Irish government boycotted the St. Patrick's Day parade in New York City, the biggest celebration in the Irish American calendar. The cause of its umbrage was Peter T. King, that year's grand marshal and someone the Irish government said was an "avowed" supporter of a terrorist organization, the Irish Republican Army.

King, then a local politician on Long Island, was one of the most zealous American defenders of the militant IRA and its campaign to drive the British out of Northern Ireland. He argued that IRA violence was an inevitable response to British repression and that the organization had to be understood in the context of a centuries-long struggle for independence.

Peter King: force behind Muslim hearings was an IRA supporter

Peter King, the force behind the hearings into homegrown Islamist terrorists on US soil, has offered repeated pronouncements over the threat posed by al-Qaida since 9/11.

But as one Democrat slyly reminded the New York Republican during the committee hearing, King too faces accusations of aiding extremist organisations.

King is a long-time supporter of the IRA, and in the 1980s proclaimed: "If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Can anyone say McCarthy-esque bigotted hypocrite? extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by David134

The army shrink you refer to was the only doc on a military base and when day after day you are being told of horrors being committed by those who wear your uniform are committing against those of your background with no one to relieve you will day in and day out will make you lose your mind and snap.

Radicalization of natural born Americans and Americanized Muslims as well is highly unlikely as the likelyhood of say a Upper Middle Class home with a Doctor father and housewife mother becoming radicalized to the point where they pop off and cause chaos is another very low likelyhood as well.

The Underwear Bomber was an idiot from the start and the fact he thought that by putting explosives in an area that has constant heat and perspiration would work proves without a doubt the mental proficiency and competency level of the individual.

As long as the parents or family that is stateside is gainfully employed, has a good upbringing, is healthy, well fed, well taken care of, are deep rooted in Americana and our overall way of life with our global family then the likelyhood of them becoming radicalized is so minute it may not even be measurable and would be totally unexpected if one did occur. Also, since stateside we do not go house to house ripping people out of their homes while publicly raping all females in the house and beating to a bloody pulp every male in the house means unequivocally and universally that as long as all are held and adhered to no terrorism or radicalization.

This like the Birthers and Baggers combined are yet another distraction attempt because the Birther crowd is losing it's grip as there are too many disproves so this is what was waiting in the wings in case that failed to take. More hate and racist driven rhetoric and fear being spewed and the latest in a long line of distraction, diversion and deflection campaign attempts seen in recent months. North Korea, Libya, Middle East Protests, Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Loohan, Iran, Japan Quake to just name a few. Like everything before it this will fall once the idiots realize they've been duped yet again.
edit on 12-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by exroyalnavy
reply to post by David134

Yes, well they haven`t blown up your Subway system yet, or your buses. They haven`t tried to firebomb your Airports or your Nightclubs either. When they do you will be singing a different tune. In the UK it was British born-and-bred Muslims who murdered all those people in London and tried to do the same in Scotland at Glasgow Airport. Plus the two carbombs which failed to detonate outside the Nightclubs in London.

You may think you have nothing to worry about - - but you`ll learn like we had to.

I like it. It's also worth noting that just because certain attempts haven't been publicized, let's not think they don't get planned but stopped before completion

This is my opinion.

I'm English (lol if you like). The statue is symbolic, it should be there for thousands of years as many other culturally significant 'idols' are allowed to be.

I have had the pleasure to work and live in: Saudi, Bahrain, Syria, Kazakhstan, Pakistan Yala ( A Muslim province in Thailand.
I see a lack of knowledge about the Islamic agenda coupled with a lack of understanding about just how important, followed and, most importantly, unquestioned it is by general Muslims. Not extremists, just general people.
Although not many will stand up and go for Jihad unless severely provoked, an overwhelming majority could/would/can and will fall in to line and allow Islamization to take place and not oppose it.
This is how it works. If you can't take it by force (and taking Europe, Russia, China, India, Israel and the USA by force is virtually impossible), then find another way. The other way has been found.
Set up orgs with mission statements which appear positive and forward thinking. Fund them well. Publicly avoid being seen to promote extremism, use deflection to make yourself seem to be going towards a successful multi-cultural-ism, shame moderate Muslims as being weak and bad Muslims by not following your every word, use the Quran to back this up alongside the prophet's behavior to justify some appealing actions (Child brides, female genital mutilation, forced marriage, honor killings, Islamic jihad and the like.
Open part time and full time Islamic schools to indoctrinate youngsters at an early age, get the funded by the country you wish to become ruled by Sharia, use pressure to make parents feel inadequate if they don't send there kids there. Get elements of Sharia step by step implemented, once they are there, they won't go away as the law is on your side. Accuse others of being racist (Islam isn't a race.... Every heard of the Christian race, Hindu race etc). Gain political support, use 'democratically minded' (ahem!) uprising to force governmental change and allow Islamic governments to replace them. Sponsor terrorism. Encourage large families, get as many Islamic structures built in as many places as possible but especially on historically significant sites, because once they up, they can't be removed, demonize Israel, denial of the holocaust (this is absolutely normal is the Middle East along with seeing Adolf Hitler as a hero...... Even though they state the holocaust never happened.... Bonkers eh!) and the list goes on.
If all this goes relatively unchallenged, eventually, how ever long it takes. The 'extremists' will get there way. To think this isn't happening is naive.

In my time is Islamic countries lots of people quite openly admitted this was happening in the right social situation, but you won't get them on T.V., internet or radio saying the same thing. This is how they win. They use YOUR values against you and back it up with laws which have been passed with a 'western' state of mind.

You all kind of know this across the non-Muslim world but have been made slightly powerless to challenge it.
People say. Nah, ain't gonna happen in my life time......... Maybe so, but most of us will have kids one day. It will happen in their lifetime unless laws get changed, values returned, shame of being proud of one's own roots is removed and at the same time some healthy debate and dialog to improve relations.
But don't be so naive to think this can happen with current tactics.
What many 'western' values we see as being reasonable and positive, 'they' (they agenda pushers in places of power) see as pathetically weak and easy to overcome.

A final point on the use of the word Jihad. My Arabic is pretty good thanks to living experience and my great friends in the Middle East who taught me.
Jihad is often portrayed to mean struggle and nothing else. Words are contextual for sure.
Gay meant 'happy' for hundreds of years and only changed meaning in the last 60 years. The same as happened with 'Jihad' I did have a meaning of struggle, but now it largely doesn't. It has been given an aggressive context with has over-ridden it's old usage. Just like the word 'gay'
There are many words which evolve in meaning. Many Islamists use a lack of linguistic knowledge to confuse or state it is misunderstood and 30 years ago they had a stronger, but far from solid, argument. struggle, battle, and conflict and just 3 English words which CAN be applied to meaning war or a personal overcoming of one's own demons to become a better person

Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Thught this was an interesting little tidbit:

Peter King, IRA supporter and enthusiastic counter-terrorism advocate

In 1985, the Irish government boycotted the St. Patrick's Day parade in New York City, the biggest celebration in the Irish American calendar. The cause of its umbrage was Peter T. King, that year's grand marshal and someone the Irish government said was an "avowed" supporter of a terrorist organization, the Irish Republican Army.

King, then a local politician on Long Island, was one of the most zealous American defenders of the militant IRA and its campaign to drive the British out of Northern Ireland. He argued that IRA violence was an inevitable response to British repression and that the organization had to be understood in the context of a centuries-long struggle for independence.

Peter King: force behind Muslim hearings was an IRA supporter

Peter King, the force behind the hearings into homegrown Islamist terrorists on US soil, has offered repeated pronouncements over the threat posed by al-Qaida since 9/11.

But as one Democrat slyly reminded the New York Republican during the committee hearing, King too faces accusations of aiding extremist organisations.

King is a long-time supporter of the IRA, and in the 1980s proclaimed: "If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the IRA for it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Can anyone say McCarthy-esque bigotted hypocrite?

Hrmm,King using the homeland fear mongering committee to deflect his own terrorist supporting ways? he using this supposed threat to try and boost his profile and squawk about the muzzies under his bed. extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
To HELL with ALL of the fairy-tale versions of some man living in the clouds watching us every second.

I am sick of ALL OF THEM and and their hateful beliefs and nonsense views. I can care less what any masses of fools on this planet choose to believe, but KEEP YOUR BELIEFS TO YOURSELVES, GOT IT??

UNDERSTAND??
edit on 14-3-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join