It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Depression in 2011?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
does any one think U.S. could repeat another Great Depression?
my friend recently sent me this link check it out endofamerica23.com

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
in the homefront game trailer it show it taking place in 2016. However it might happen earlier due current situation

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If our crops start severely failing (even worse if it happens globally) then we're in for some serious time and it could make the great depression look nice in comparison. I'm hoping that if that horrible event does happen, our technology will help food production so people don't endure as much hardship.

... likewise hopefully that "technology" isn't the thing that shoots us in the (other) foot.
edit on 3/6/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by unsolved2490

Sorry kid i know youve been hopeing for a collapse of civilization so you can live out your fantasy of rape, murder, and pillaging with no law and order to bring you to justice. But its not going to happen maybe its time for a new fantasy something involving elves and trolls maybe i dunno just a thought.
edit on 7-3-2011 by lokdog because: cuz

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

We don’t need to have a crop failure like back in the thirty’s. All you need is for the dollar to go down so far in vale that no one can afford to buy them. We see this stating to happen now in Egypt, Syria and other impoverished areas.
Remember commodities are priced in dollars on the global exchange. Prices are affected not gust by supply and demand. They are also affected by the strength of the currency trying to purchase them. Right now the dollar is serious decline through the effects of quantitative easing and other market forces. If this continues are economy will be in serious do-do.

Check out the dollar index:
www.bloomberg.com...:IND

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

lol thats what i'm scared of...but saying this don't mean sht to you so bye

top topics

join