It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll shows Brits' racial divide.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet

Originally posted by Everlasting England
Id just like to say that there are places in britain that are NO go areas if you are white cos you get the crap beaten out of you so lets not try & make it look like whites are the only race that is racist truth is there are people in all countrys that aint gonna welcome 'outsiders' at least in are country we respect there lifestyles

You're right.. thugs come in all shades, and I'm sure they feed off each other. There are more white racists though simply because there are more white people! Which areas specifically are you referring to as "no go" btw?

You think thats bad, White people are nearly the ethnic minority now in the UK, think we'll be able to scream racism at every stupid petty thing, Immigrants are the worst, just get to use everything for f*****g free. Time for me to stop before i get verbal and racist

Peace!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
You think thats bad, White people are nearly the ethnic minority now in the UK,

at 92.1% we're one heck of a big minority.

maybe you should consider if your other views are based on equally inaccurate information?

[edit on 20-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You cant force people to chose who they want to be with. if people prefer people from their own race then whats the problem with that?

All my friends are white, but that is no way reflective of what i think of ethnic minorities. All the people i have felt more comfortable are white people. I dont conciously choose for it to be that way i just havent met anyone from an ethnic race i can call a friend. Simple fate, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by jdster
The less the divide, the less British the UK becomes.
Who really wants that?

What do you mean? I don't understand

So your saying that we don't want a mix society in the UK

Well, I'm an American, so I can't tell you what you want. America is about as multicultural,multiethnic, and multiracial as it gets. For most of our past, incoming
immigrants were able to adapt to a culture that was based primarily on Western
civilization. Now, with the advent of an official policy of multiculturalism, Western culture
is represented as the descendant of a repressive, racist, and brutal colonialist culture
that has no respect for other "equally valid" cultures. That, coupled with rampant
illegal immigration by people who, with the blessing of those in power who espouse
multiculturalism, is producing a society that is becoming ever more divided along class, race, and ethnic lines, which is resulting in a country which seems to become more like the third world every day, with the new arrivals bringing their problems with them,
while many have, at the same time, a contempt for the culture that made the U.S. a
(once) great nation. I have observed a similar situation in Europe (including the UK)That
said, I believe that immigrants ought to be able to come to the U.S. as long as they are
able to demonstrate useful skills and a desire to become productive citizens who intend
to assimliate into American society, rather than use the U.S. as a place to earn money
that is sent back to their homelands and hold the native (White) populace in contempt.

For my part, I would rather see Western (i.e. White European) culture and civilization
preserved as a distinct entity. If people in other places have the right to be themselves, why shouldn't Europeans? It seems to me that it's a matter of numbers, (given that
Whites make up only about ten percent of the world's population) that if things continue
as they are, then European civilization will cease to be. The divisiveness currently seen
in the U.S. is part of what is destroying our nation, while in the UK, divisiveness may be
what can preserve Britain as Britain, rather than allowing it to become another third world cesspool, as is happening in the U.S. (especially in major metropolitan areas)

As we are all going to die some day anyway, perhaps that may not matter, but if we
consider how we live in the meantime, then it may matter.

[edit on 7/21/2004 by jdster]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdster
The less the divide, the less British the UK becomes.
Who really wants that?

Please elaborate on this statement.

Originally posted by Stuey1221
You think thats bad, White people are nearly the ethnic minority now in the UK, think we'll be able to scream racism at every stupid petty thing, Immigrants are the worst, just get to use everything for f*****g free. Time for me to stop before i get verbal and racist

Peace!

Too late....!!

Maybe this poll does highlight something about the UK, giving the amount of racist undertones that are appearing here.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Odd poll, odd conclusion. How many Hebridean Islanders do you think with best friends who are Bangladeshis?

Only a small percentage of the UK population have the opportunity to make friends with people from ethnic minorities - or are we supposed to travel the country looking for foreign looking people to befriend?

I do know a number of Kurds and people of Chinese, Pakistani and East European origin - regular customers in my shop and/or owners of adjacent businesses. But I'd not describe them as friends. My friends tend to be people who share the same interests as me (and are, incidently, scattered across the whole of the UK): predominantly hillwaking and meteorology - it's hardly my fault that people from ethnic minorities tend not to share the same interests.

And for those who make friends in pubs: muslims don't drink. So the opportunity to meet and develop friendship is often not there.

The poll is basically just racist codswallop and an insult to the generous, welcoming, friendly folk of Britain - of all race, creeds and colours.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's really wierd. I've had more girlfriends who were ethnic minorities than some people have had friends!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join