It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackbird formation in Arkansas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There have been a string of mass blackbird & starlet die offs that have made the news over the past 3 months. Some were posted on ATS -

Bye Bye Blackbird
1000+ birds drop from the sky

One of these massive die offs happened in Beebe, Arkansas on New Years Eve.

On Friday, March 4th, I happened to be driving north on Interstate 40 just west of Beebe when I saw the strangest thing. There was a perfect single file formation of blackbirds that stretched about 6 miles, flying west to east. Stuck in traffic, I watched the birds for about 15 minutes at least. I've seen birds fly in formation before, but never in a PERFECT single file that went on for literally miles. Not a single bird broke rank. It was very bizarre.

Anyone ever seen anything like that before? I'm no expert in animal behavior, but never in my life have I seen something like that. Usually birds are in a V formation or even a crooked line. But a PERFECT straight line, following one-by-one in an equal distance from one another, with probably 3000+ birds?

I would LOVE IT if someone on here might have captured that on video!!! My crackberry was dead or I'd have recorded it myself!

What are the odds that the birds....blackbirds even....would do something of that nature just a scant hop-skip-and-jump away from the bizarre incident on New Years Eve???? Coincidence?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Birds in a flock normally makes a V formation.
They use the draft from the bird in front to save energy,

The V formation change leader over long distance, and create better draft, and sight.
I have seen many birds in formation, but never in a straight line.

Was the line doing a wave motion up down, side to side?

edit on 6-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Birds in a flock normally makes a V formation.
They use the draft from the bird in front to save energy,

The V formation change leader over long distance, and create better draft, and sight.
I have seen many birds in formation, but never in a straight line.

Was the line doing a wave motion up down, side to side?

Come to think of it, you are right. I remember learning about the whole draft thing long ago but I'd forgotten that information. Thanks for the recap!

No, the birds were not doing any wave motion, up and down, or side to side. They were flying in a perfectly straight line, each bird seeming to follow the one directly in front of it. All were equidistant from each other. That's why it was so bizarre. I've never seen birds do that...let alone so many of them.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The birds might be showing where the earthquake will occur.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
The birds might be showing where the earthquake will occur.

I doubt it. The earthquakes are occurring because of the gas drilling. There is scientific evidence to prove this as fact, but it isn't being released because of politics. The gas companies bring money and economy to the area. If there is even a hint of data released to show they may be liable, they will pack and run. There are too many people who do NOT want that to happen.

At this point, the earthquakes are just a minor diversion. It's anyones call if they will worsen. However, let me give you some good advice.... Go to the USGS website. You can download the earthquake data for Faulkner county and pull it into excel. Pull down all earthquake activity for the last 5 or 10 years. You will be amazed at what you will find. Even more interesting, graph the magnitude versus the depth of the earthquakes. Now compare that data to a regularly active fault line like one in California or Alaska. Interesting story....

Oh, and if you have access to mapping software, I highly recommend you map the epicenters to the drill permits.

It's all there. You just gotta spend the 10 minutes to pull it up.

Now, back to the birds. I am just so disappointed that I wasn't able to get the birds on video with my phone. What are my odds that there would be SOMEBODY else who saw it???

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I understand that there is a correlation between the fracking/drilling and earthquakes.

Here are the questions that should be asked...

If the drilling is causing the earthquakes, does that mean the area is now not prone to an earthquake from a different variable?

Can the fracking earthquakes distress natural variables producing the next big one?

Do animals behave irradically before earthquakes?

Why is there a fault line in the plate? What effect does that crack have on the surrounding area?

When was the last time we had earthquakes in this manner? When was the last time we had the large earthquake?

top topics

join