It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 6.2 Earthquake Hits Northern Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Magnitude 6.2 Earthquake Hits Northern Chile

www.foxnews.com

SANTIAGO, Chile -- A magnitude-6.2 earthquake has shaken a northern region of Chile, but no injuries or major damages have been reported.

The U.S. Geological Survey in Colorado says the quake was centered in Putre, about 40 miles from the port of Arica near the border with Peru.

The quake happened about 9:30 a.m. local time and had a depth of about 70 miles.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Not sure if this belongs here or in the Fragile Earth forum but I thought it was interesting after seeing all the seismic activity going on these past couple week. What is going on for so many shakes to be going on? this can't be normal can it?

Swarms in Hawaii, Tennessee?( that's really ODD) the Christchurch NZ quake. I read somewhere that when there's solar flares there's lots of earthquakes. I think we've had a couple solar flares the last couple weeks. I'm begining to believe they actually might be related... crazy stuff!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Arkansas is having a lot of small quakes....every day for quite some time now. I heard about the Chile quake, and was watching video of the 8.8 they had.....really terrifying! I hope to never see one!

new topics

join