It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer AH-64 Apache

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Warning: Graphic content/ Language.
I created this video to outline the awesome power and lethality of the Apache.
ALL participants were targeted insurgency.
ALL video clips are public domain.
At one point your going to here some cheering in the background,these are Marines viewing from a APC,and in fact called in the strike on the two IED in placers.
Some may find this entertaining,others horrified.This does not change the situation,nor does the music.
If you cannot handle military action DO NOT CLICK ON VIDEO.

edit on 6-3-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

S+F for the video!
-S+F for the music!

edit on 6/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Thanks bro
Love your avatar!
Brilliant!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I always wondered why those people couldn't hear the helicopter just sitting there hovering, how far away are those apaches flying?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

3.2 Km/(two miles) is ideal however they can strike from up to 8.0Km/( five miles away).

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Starred and flagged fish.

The Apache will really ruin your day if you're its target, for sure!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Ok,i was being a bit harsh,the music was not my cup of tea thats all!

S+F,the video is really well put together!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
so when do we get to see our highly trained soldiers fight...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Fair enough, I must have missed the sarcasm in the text.
Do tell would you rather hear Sinatra in the background?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

so when do we get to see our highly trained soldiers fight...

Any time you Google "military videos",or you can go to my channel and look up some of my subscriptions.Lots and lots combat footage.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Sinatra,yeah definitely!!!

This might have been better,just my opinion:

Anyway, great video!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Lets take a look at the current longbow Hellfire II missile system.Hellfire is currently produced in three configurations – Anti-Tank, Blast-Fragmentation and Thermobaric.

Modified HEAT Warhead

The Hellfire AGM-114K anti-tank version has been modified to improve its fragmentation capability, when engaging soft targets. The Mod-K modification, pursued by Dynetics for the Aviation & Missiles R&D and Evaluation Center, included the installation of a fragmentation sleeve placed around the shaped charge, optimizing fragment lethality against a broad target set, while minimizing degradation of shaped charge performance.

Thermobaric version of the Hellfire

Hellfire thermobaric warhead using a metal augmented explosive charge is used primarily in urban warfare, against bunkers, buildings caves and other concealed targets. This warhead is designed to inflict greater damage in multi-room structures, compared to the Hellfire's standard or blast-fragmentation warheads.

Hellfire Longbow

The combination of Hellfire II's precision guidance and Longbow fire control and Hellfire's fire-and-forget millimeter-wave seeker capability provide the battlefield commander flexibility across a wide range of mission scenarios, permitting fast battlefield response and high mobility not afforded by other anti-armor weapons.

Source:defense-update.com...
At about $65,000-per unit those one man engagements could get expensive,but who knows how to put a price on some of high value targets.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yea, really great killing machine! Cant wait for the day when they let one of them loose on you guys!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

That killing machine has saved countless lives,and you just don't loose that thing on people.There are rules of engagement.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If I've learned one thing from Apache helicopter videos, it's that if I'm it's enemy - it's don't "hang out" outside with your fellow soldiers. In fact, stay in places they don't know you are at. Stay in densely populated cities.

If you must go outside, stay in large crowds of innocents.

The other thing I've learned is if YOU MUST be outside in a field with just your war buddies, make sure you do so during the day, and have at least 4 people with binoculars looking around the horizon for Apache's!!!

And for the love of god, make sure you have a large stock pile of smoke grenades to obscure your position!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Or- you could just avoid going to war with countries that brandish the Apache.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Well, technically speaking, the people of Afghanistan and Iraq did not "go to war" with the USA. The USA did "go to war" with them.

So, it's not like they had a choice. Be that as it may, my "lesson learned" is more of a hypothetical for these people who don't seem to understand the lethality of the Apache and don't understand its weaknesses. Though I'm sure, there are many who do, but since the Apache can't target them, we don't see them on these videos.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A well aimed TV guided missle can take out an apache. Apache is a very very good weapon, but still vulnerable to small arms fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Whats your point? sand can take out an Apache.
All weapon systems have some sort of vulnerability, It's in the the tactics that keep the systems from harms way.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Just because a country has an Apache doesn't make that country unstoppable. The Apache can be neutralized by tactics and mobile SAMs. You are saying not to go to war with a country that brandishes the Apache, I would disagree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join