It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you define real? Is there one core reality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
reply to post by CandiceZ

I watched 40 minutes of that before i had to go to bed. Very interesting. Most of what I saw I've seen before, but I didn't quite have a handle on it as well as was shown in it. The only thing I can say is that what happens in quantum physics doesn't happen here! It may seem amazing what happens down there on the microscale, and I don't blame the physicists for getting excited about it. It just seems to me that the reality I live in is not the same one they're researching. And this film clip seems to argue that what happens at the quantum scale of things also happens on the macro scale of things where we exist. But I don't see hte connection. Maybe the rest of it shows how what happens at the quantum scale can happen on our scale?

When I went to bed I kept asking myself whether this is just all my dream? Are all of these people my imagination? Could it be that nothing exists until I imagine it? But if this was true then I could fly whenever I wanted. I could do whatever I want and no one could stop me. My mind got confused and then I fell asleep. If it's true that nothing exists until we observe it then that's truly explosive knowledge. But like I say I see no evidence that tells me there's any connection between the quantum world and the world we live in. That's why I am not impressed by the movie.

I am still seeing all those basketballs bouncing up and down... until she looks.

I also wonder if the slit experiment being observed closely messed up the results. Or maybe our classic model about electrons having mass is wrong? Or? I have no idea.

Are all of you just actors inside my head? (smirk)
edit on 12-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

The quantum world is a very different world from ours, but like the double slit experiment shows, the more we try to observe the quantum state the more messed up it becomes. Personally for me I love entanglement, the idea that what affects one sub atomic particle can affect another over any distance, and in fact I read about an experiment once (can't remember the name now doh!), which demonstrated 2 photons sent in different directions, and a time delay, but somehow the second reached the end point simultaneously if not before the first one, or something like that it was very intersting and mysterious.

I guess this is why they call it the rabbit hole because it can truely challenge your beleifs, and send you a bit crazy in the process.

Do watch the rest though because there are some really funny bits, and with regard to our inner communication on a cellular level it gets really fascinating

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ

Originally posted by vjr1113
you know you're in reality because other ppl can confirm you're in reality, if you cant understand this premise, and say "well what if everyone is a figment of my imagination?", then i wont even bother to discuss with you, because you're medically insane.

ask someone to pinch you, punch you, stab you, then shoot you, and if you're still not sure you're in reality, then there is no hope for you. i dont buy this whole consciousness thing one bit btw, and ive studied it extensively.
edit on 6-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: bear

How do you know if your insane?
I mean, maybe your not insane maybe there is no such thing as insanity.
What im saying is how do you know if 'reality' is reality? Maybe its not even real..
edit on 6-3-2011 by CandiceZ because: (no reason given)

ok a more important question is how do you distinguish that which is real from that which is not?

the answer is; only you can decide that. base your believes on facts and good reason.
edit on 12-3-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
To Johnny White:

It is possible that YOU DO FLY whenever you want in another universe. And just by imagining something it becomes "existent" in another universe or dimension. Or every infinite possibility of everything you can possibly do exists somehow, somewhere.

Or we are all a computer simulation

edit on 13-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join