It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Christian I'm not violent/fundamentalist. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
So that is the Muslim thread altered so it applys to Christianity. So go ahead tell me I'm lying when I say I'm a peaceful Christian. You can see how absurd the whole matter is.

Would you please explain the bold there as there are many ways that it can be taken. I want to get it right before I respond.

This thread was created to show how absurd his Muslim one is. I'm trying to prove a point.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by molecularstranding
The neccesity of this thread does not really seem to fit with Christianity, In prominent Muslim countries, because they are Muslim, they behead, rape and torture in the name of Allah and their holy book justifies it. It says anything is ok to do as long as it is in the name of Allah. In prominent Christian countries, we have fake Christians that, just people claiming they are Christians, but not acting Christ like. If you are violent and cause harm to others (not talking self defense, Christ says self defense is ok) you are NOT Christian, the same CANNOT be said about Muslim people.

The Christian holy book justifies stoning adulterers, gays, and disobedient children. ..................................................................................... Where is the difference?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight "

So go ahead tell me I'm lying when I say I'm a peaceful Christian. You can see how absurd the whole matter is.
edit on 6-3-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)

Just what is this "radical Christian" that you oppose anyway Mr. ArchIlluminatus? What is a "radical Christian"?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
OMG people don't you read my replies. This entire thread is to show how ridiculous that one Muslim thread is.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So that is the Muslim thread altered so it applys to Christianity. So go ahead tell me I'm lying when I say I'm a peaceful Christian.

...only a vindictive person with a martyr complex would post your op... so, its kinda hard to believe you're really a truthful and peaceful person...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Except it's not absurd in his case. Please, take a little time to riffle though some of the threads on ATS. There's a very good reason that a Muslim poster would feel defensive or offended by what goes on here.

Do you know what the difference between threads bashing Muslims and threads bashing Christians or Jews is? In the latter two cases, no one is cheering for deaths, or war, or purges of Christians or Jews from a given country. That DOES happen in the anti-Muslim threads.

Such catcalls against Christians or Jews are T&C violations; calling for the deaths of Muslims is not. You cannot liken Christians to vermin, ras that need to be exterminated, without losing your post and getting a warning; however, the same said about Muslims wins stars and flags, no matter how many people send an alert.

And outside ATS, Christianity and Judaism are sacrosanct; critics of these religions are labeled "shrill" or "antisemitic" or are mocked and disregarded. Critics against Islam are elected, well-funded, and backed by military operations that kill civilians in Afghanistan and Yemen and Iraq with impunity, even cheers from American Christians and Jews (among others, no doubt.) Christmas is celebrated; Muslims going to mosque for Eid al-Fitr are screamed at, have bricks thrown at them, and are called "terrorists" by local pundits.

So the Muslim dude actually has a very valid gripe on his end. All you have is a very stupid need to mock him for it, ironically because he's a muslim.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

The neccesity of this thread does not really seem to fit with Christianity, In prominent Muslim countries, because they are Muslim, they behead, rape and torture in the name of Allah and their holy book justifies it. It says anything is ok to do as long as it is in the name of Allah. In prominent Christian countries, we have fake Christians that, just people claiming they are Christians, but not acting Christ like. If you are violent and cause harm to others (not talking self defense, Christ says self defense is ok) you are NOT Christian, the same CANNOT be said about Muslim people.

The Christian holy book justifies stoning adulterers, gays, and disobedient children. ..................................................................................... Where is the difference?

The difference is that we are under the new Covenant... Christians where never instructed to Hurt anybody...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
As another poster rightfully stated; "what about the crusades"? "What about the Witch burnings."

What about the millions of Aboriginal people slaughtered and beaten down by the Bible? What about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's killed? How about the Vietnamese killed? Yes; God was used in an influential proponent to engage that war, not just the Gulf of Tonkin incident. What about the millions of Christian soldiers killed by other Christian soldiers in civil wars and world wars? What about King Saladin.. despite being at war with King Richard.. helped him back to good health only to have King Richard continue his bloody crusade? What about Waco Texas? What about the tens of thousands of different Christian denoms? No incest in the Bible, really? Last I checked, the Bible included the Torah which in Genesis states that some people have 'kept it in the family' so to speak? I have no religion because I think it stirs to much adversity towards fellow human beings! I do however try and respect every belief, but when I see some Christians or some Muslims or some Jews that think their chit don't stink I react towards that. Or when I see some Christians or some Jews or some Muslim people put down another religion to try and prop up thir own beliefs, I speak up. All religions have had bloody pasts and still continue to be bloody.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

The only reason you're calling my thread absurd, is because you can't accept the fact that there is a Muslim speaking out against radical Islam. I should edit my OP and put your name in it as one of the people who ASK for a muslim to speak up, and THEN call him a liar!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

The difference is in practice:
Stoning to death of girl provokes wave of killings

The stoning to death of a teenage girl belonging to the Yazidi religious sect because she fell in love with a Muslim man has led to a spiral of violence in northern Iraq in which 23 elderly factory workers have been shot dead and 800 Yazidi students forced to flee their university in Mosul.

The killings began with an act of brutality horrific even by Iraqi standards.

Stoned to death with her lover: Horrific video of execution of girl, 19, killed by Afghan Taliban for running away from arranged marriage

TALIBAN SPOKESMAN: 'Anyone who knows about Islam knows that stoning is in the Koran, and that it is Islamic law. There are people who call it inhuman - but in doing so they insult the Prophet. They want to bring foreign thinking to this country'

I think it's rather lazy to compare the two faiths in the same context. Especially when we KNOW Christians and Jews don't practice this crap. But hey, don't listen to me, it's all just hate speech.

Edit to add more Hate Speech from the LA times:
And this isn't isolated to just a few people either.

Majority of Muslims want Islam in politics, poll says(LA Times)

Reporting from Beirut — A majority of Muslims around the world welcome a significant role for Islam in their countries' political life, according to a new poll from the Pew Research Center, but have mixed feelings toward militant religious groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

According to the survey, majorities in Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan and Nigeria would favor changing current laws to allow stoning as a punishment for adultery, hand amputation for theft and death for those who convert from Islam to another religion. About 85% of Pakistani Muslims said they would support a law segregating men and women in the workplace.

...but again, it's all just hate speech.
edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Love it. Saw it in both. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. When I saw this thread, I clicked on it just to see if you had gotten there yet.

Ahhhhh...

That's good stuff.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

So that is the Muslim thread altered so it applys to Christianity. So go ahead tell me I'm lying when I say I'm a peaceful Christian. You can see how absurd the whole matter is.

Would you please explain the bold there as there are many ways that it can be taken. I want to get it right before I respond.

This thread was created to show how absurd his Muslim one is. I'm trying to prove a point.

His thread made perfect sense. Members here have been asking moderate Muslims for years to speak out against the radicals. He proved it here. You call it "absurd". That tells me that you have no tolerance towards Muslims and THIS THREAD is actually absurd.

Yes, you made your point. I hope you can live with that point. I couldn't.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

John chapter 8 verse 7
"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

This is just one little facet of the differences.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Um...really? I'll give you a few examples of those of evil practicing your faith.

1. Timothy McVeigh...Christian (or claimed to be). Blows up Oaklahoma Federal Building=Terrorism.
2. George Bush=Christian (or claims to be). Legalizes torture and begins two unjustified wars. Thou shalt not kill...Period.
3. Dick Cheney=Christian (or claims to be). The guy is so evil that he shot one of his own "friends" in the face with a shotgun and got that guy to apologize to HIM on national television. Imagine the types of cruelties that he signed off on.
4.Abortion clinic bombers=always Christian (or claim to be)
5.Adolf Hitler=Roman Catholic/Christian. Did far worse than just decapitate people and he did it slow.
6. Need I remind you of the peaceful and loving Christians that existed before the "Civil Rights Act" of 1964? Should I give you a lesson on the "Jim Crow Laws?" Should I remind you of the state of this country BEFORE the Jim Crow laws?
7.Crusades
8.Inquisitions
9. Should I remind you what Christians are doing right now in the name of WAR in Iraq and Afghanistan? But of course, you don't get to see all of that. You're right here in America complaining about Islam and are hardly even exposed to it enough to know how they operate.
10. The Vatican, present and past- I don't even need to get into it.

And no, we don't CURRENTLY stone women when they have affairs...you're right. But, we used to burn them to a stake and call them witches when they had the NERVE to go out at night by themselves. And tell me, how often does a woman actually get justice when she's raped in this country? How often does the rapist get away with his actions? How often do we TEAR the woman down after she's gone through the process of complaint? Nope, we don't stone them to death, we just destroy their reputations until they want to commit suicide and never trust a human male again. But you're right, we don't just get it over with quickly and murder them in the middle of the streets. What we do is arguably worse.

Despite all of that sociopathic behavior, I don't lump everyone into the same pot, and maybe you shouldn't either.

edit on 6-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add

edit on 6-3-2011 by Qcuailon because: to add

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

The difference is that we are under the new Covenant... Christians where never instructed to Hurt anybody...

And yet they have for thousands of years....the irony stings. Not just physically either by the way. Pedophilia, rape, mental degradation and abuse... I have myself been a victim of a zealous Christian, doing his deeds in the name of God, with the bible to justify him.

I used to have a collection of Christian atrocity news stories... I'd love to have it now, but it's on an older hard drive. Among them were the tales of rape, abuse, and neglect that I'm talking about. Muslims aren't the only ones...
edit on 3/6/11 by totalmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

IF a faith inspires you to be a good person who treats others as they wish to be treated then I have no problem .
IN MY EXPERIENCE the only hassle Ive ever had is from NON muslims .
Ie christians and jehovah witnesses .
I am white but NOBODY is going to tell me what I think .

You choose to be rude and generalise , I choose to be polite and specific .
There are good AND bad people in ALL walks of life .
Its 2011 you should have realised that by now .

I will not be divided .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Just because someone claims to be a Christian does not mean they are a Christian. Simply put, to be a Christian you need to be/do (THIS) if you do not do (THIS) and you do (THAT) then you are NOT a Christian. I do not know what the "Zealous Christian" did to you but, unless you are just being a "cry baby" and all he did to you was make you do work (i.e. chores for your father) then he was NOT a Christian.

Anyone can claim to be a chef, racer, football player, but if it is not a day to day thing and something that you carry with you your whole life (not necessarily birth to death), then you are not a chef, etc...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by Skate

Very well played!

lmao

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's all perception, whether you believe them to be a true Christian or not doesn't make them any less of one in their own eyes, and possibly in others of like minds. Your cry-baby comment is tactless.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by Skate

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Skate

Oh, and here's "fluffy" again.

I made this post on the Muslim version thread and I brought teh lulz

And as I recall you got a lot of stars for it.
Still fluffy.

Sorry, can't help it. I'ma Star!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join