It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Christian I'm not violent/fundamentalist. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate Christians" and "why don't peaceful Christians speak out against Fundamentalist Christianity", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a Christian to speak out against radicals, you just want another Christian CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight "

So that is the Muslim thread altered so it applys to Christianity. So go ahead tell me I'm lying when I say I'm a peaceful Christian. You can see how absurd the whole matter is.
edit on 6-3-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The neccesity of this thread does not really seem to fit with Christianity, In prominent Muslim countries, because they are Muslim, they behead, rape and torture in the name of Allah and their holy book justifies it. It says anything is ok to do as long as it is in the name of Allah. In prominent Christian countries, we have fake Christians that, just people claiming they are Christians, but not acting Christ like. If you are violent and cause harm to others (not talking self defense, Christ says self defense is ok) you are NOT Christian, the same CANNOT be said about Muslim people.

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok you ready?

You're lying!

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Nobody cares.
Nobody is calling Christians out saying their religion is one of violence.

You are copying the other fellow but you don't seem to get why he feels he needs to make that point.

He has a point. People ARE demonizing his religion.
Then they are demonizing all peoples OF that religion.

What don't you get?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here.

Most Christians are the most closed minded people you could meet. I dont think I know of any open minded Christians.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Oh, and here's "fluffy" again.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate
Ok you ready?

You're lying!

now that.... was funny

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Nobody cares.

You are copying the other fellow but you don't seem to get why he feels he needs to make that point.

What don't you get?

There is no way to prove that he actually is a Muslim in the first place more less tell if he is lying about being non-violent. Sounds like he is just trolling to get stars and flags and ATS points for people replying to his thread.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The difference between a liberal Christian and a fundamentalist Christian is whether certain sins such as alcohol and tobacco can be taxed and THEN tolerated.

Christianity, neither the Christ, nor his Apostles, ever taught violence, rape, murder, looting, pedophilia, incest, piracy, women are property, or any of the multitude of abominable teachings of Muhammed.

If there is one God, the God of Abraham, then how is it that the God of the Jews and the same God of Christianity is at complete odds with the moon-god Allah? Allah teaches entirely opposite things as Judiasm and Christianity.

Are we supposed to believe that suddenly He changed his mind about everything and did a complete reverse - OR - do we assume this Allah, taught from an admitted delusional mind - was just made up by an illiterate who couldn't read the Torah or the New Testament for himself?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Skate

I made this post on the Muslim version thread and I brought teh lulz

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CandiceZ
Most Christians are the most closed minded people you could meet. I dont think I know of any open minded Christians.

That sounds rather closed minded in itself.

No, just absolutely everything else. Like the poster above you, or the countless others calling Christians inbred, dumb +++.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Okay.

Unfortunately, you and the Muslim guy both believe in the idea that there is a dude living in the sky who not only watches you fap, but gets very upset about it (despite being the one who gave you the equipment and the urge to do so.)

You might not be a violent fundamentalist, but you still believe in goofy fairy tales

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wow, what a genius idea. Take the same issue as another, claim it to be an issue of your own, and then await the sympathy train to come running by. Oh wait, isn't that the way that christianity started in the first place? Oops, was I not supposed to say that?

Its things like this that continue to show that the discontent that is shown for many christians is for a reason. Good luck with this thread, I am sure the super christians will be by soon to save you... or at least try.

NRE.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't find this thread necessary, I am a Christian, and you don't have to be a Christian to know this... We don't cut the heads of people off, We don't stone woman, for having affairs, and we don't blow up children. people who believe Christians are violent, are idiots... because If they are violent, then they are obviously not Christian...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

dude are you serious???

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchIlluminatus
So that is the Muslim thread altered so it applys to Christianity. So go ahead tell me I'm lying when I say I'm a peaceful Christian. You can see how absurd the whole matter is.

Would you please explain the bold there as there are many ways that it can be taken. I want to get it right before I respond.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

And conversely....no way to prove Christianity blah blah blah
Any of it a good reason to waste peoples time?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

reply to post by Skate

I made this post on the Muslim version thread and I brought teh lulz

And as I recall you got a lot of stars for it.
Still fluffy.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
when the jews and romans plotted and got rid of jesus, they took his word and modified it to suit their own agenda. now 2000 years later, the modified word of jesus is at work, they will make it a reality and the average christian sheeple will believe its prophecy coming true as predicted, they will believe that bulls**t, and they will end up in a war with the muslims which will bring the end of christianity and destroy islam to the point of no return.

after this the zionist jews would have won, and now they have more power and control, so they will call forward their messiah to rule from jerusalem while the christians and muslims are forced to worship this false, satanic, anti christ.

only then they will realise that they have been double crossed, but by then its too late. they will all be slaves...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Nobody cares.

What don't you get?

i dont want to take over this thread but, crusades anyone, witch burnings?

moderate christians are enablers that justify the radical christians. that's my only problem with them, but if you stay out of my way with your bible bashing, i wont bother you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join