It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody remind why we are in Afghanistan ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Osama Bin Laden is not even a topic in Afghanistan any more.

The only topic you hear about in Afghan are; The Afghans talk about the US occupation, and from the US all you hear about is Afghan insurgents. Correction "Fu....king afghan insurgents". The American use the F word a lot to describe the Afghans.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Oil
Control and flow of Opium (the spice must flow, lol)
Minerals

I'd say that about covers it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
well these are my two reasons.

the only thing that could have made these video's any better, would have been a couple of shots of their cronies, "rockin da horns."

but really there's four reasons
1. oil
2. pipeline
3. opium
4 lithium

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by defenestrator

Yeah behind corporate doors i think your right.

Obama did say in a UN meeting last year that defeating the Taliban was not necessary the main goal.

All the US need to accomplish is a Afghanistan that is as stable as possible to acquire their resources.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by bigyin

Because cowards who are hiding behind a hijacked reigion flew 4 planes into various targets and killed innocent people. Afghanistan was warned prior to 9/11 by the UN to expel Bin Laden, and theyh failed to do so. They then ignored the US demand to turn Bin Laden over.

Explain to me why we should just sit back and do nothing when we are attacked?

If we use history as a guide, you will find that inaction can be just as deadly as imperial ambitions, which is exacty what Bin Laden has - The world united under sharia law and Islam.

If they want to stay at home and slaughter their own people, thats their issue. Just as people complain about the US using a nuke on Japan to end WWII, my response is the same.

Dont pick a fight you arent prepared to finish.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Why we are in Afghanistan ? ..because of people like this( quoted post) and they are majority

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
"how come all our oil is under arabic sand?"

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
there is an estimated 5 trillion cubic feet of gas under the afghan ground and
an estimated 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

www.institute-for-afghan-studies.org...

www.businessinsider.com...

regards f

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

It's not some of hugest fields are in the states it has to with the money concept game children play with called the na na bo bo game? Ignorance keeps people playing.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Well, supposedly, we're in Afghanistan because Bin Laden attacked us on 911.
Then something strange happened...
1. we invaded iraq instead
2. we killed thousands that had nothing to do with 911
3. we legalized torture
4. we claimed that there was Al Qaeda in Iraq, which was an all out fabrication considering that Al Qaeda doesn't even exist according to the BBC. polidics.com...
5. spread our penchant towards human rights abuses to the rest of the world.

Something tells me that the 1 Trillion dollars worth of mineral cache and opium are the primary reasons that we are there though.
www.nytimes.com...

So, the real reason we are in Afghanistan is for the standard reasons.
1. Rape them of their natural resources
2. Natural resources include opium and minerals
3. ruin their country
4. destroy their economy
5. set up resorts out there for the rich
6. To install corporations such as McDonald's and Starbucks there so we can poison them and profit off of their goods.

So, is that a good reminder???

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CIGGSofWAR

not following you at all.....?!? what??

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

i think ciggs is refering to when children say nana nana bo bo i got more than you do, when they one up you or get some thing you don't have. they also like to say it when they think they got some thing better.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I thought the first bomb on the WTC was a setup by the CIA ?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I dont know why forces are still there? Its not like we are fighting an organized regime?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All wars/invasions/occupations are fundamentally about resources...Middle East oil since WWI, rubber trees in Vietnam, etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GovtFlu

Again, the demand made by the Bush administration was NOT the first request. President Clinton and the UN made the same demand prior to bush even being in office. The first WTC attac, 2 embassies in Africa bombed, attack on the USS Cole - all linked back to Bin Laden.

The Taliban were in control of Afghanistan at that time as well, and refused.

The US govts opinion was the Taliban were in control.. how about the other, oh.. 28.999.. million Afghanis? Village elders, tribal folk and the like whose kids are being reduced to Apache pablum?.. you think the Taliban spoke for them?

You know I think the Taliban speak for?.. The Taliban..

Does odumba the party clown speak for you?.. he sure as crap doesn't speak for me...

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

So we are in Afghanistan because of people like me. Well, since you seem to know me, why dont you share with other what I am like, my views, beliefs, background, education, where I live ec etc etc.

We dont end up in places like Afghanistan because of people like me.

We end up in Afghanistan because of people like you, who ignore whats going on in the world when it doesnt fit into your pre arranged diatribes on the evils of the Republican Party. History is ignored when it doesnt fit into your arguments at all, which is very evident in this thread when people seem to ignore the fact that there was an attack on the WTC prior to 2001, that there were attacks on our embassies prior to 2001, and attacks on our military personnel prior to 2001.

Why do people ignore this? Because there is no possible way to lay 100% of the blame on President Bush, VP Cheney, or Rumsfeld by acknowledging those events.

This is where the arguments against Bush and a major conspiracy fail.

It would be a whole lot easier if people would just come out and say they hate Bush and everything he stands for, rather than try to rationalize some twisted view that he created Al Queida, Bin Laden, and attack son the WTC.

I would actually welcome it since it would be the first time anyone on that side of the fence made any type of valid argument without distorting facts and history.

But whatever works for you... At some point, peple like you are going to come to a conclusion, which will most likely be too late, that extremists dont care about you, or pacifist views. You are a non believer, and as such you either will convert, or be killed.

By the way thats not Government Propoganda, but from the mouths of those same people that you choose to ignore because of your blind hatred of the US Government.

Intrestingly enough I find it funny that instead of actually countering my argument, you attack the poster. Typical response when you dont have an answer and ignore facts.
edit on 8-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
there is an estimated 5 trillion cubic feet of gas under the afghan ground and
an estimated 1.8 billion barrels of oil.

www.institute-for-afghan-studies.org...

www.businessinsider.com...

regards f

Both of which are non consequential since both of those resources are found in the US in larger quantities.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
reply to post by Xcathdra

I thought the first bomb on the WTC was a setup by the CIA ?

I guess that depends on which version of history you subscribe to - Fact, where it was not a CIA plot, or science fiction, where the US Government is plotting against its citizens because there is oil un Afghanistan that we want.

your choice.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I dont think the Taliban spoke for them at all. I would actually venture a guess that had Bin Laden been anywhere near the Northern Alliance controlled areas, they would have captured him and turned him over.

Since he was not, and they did not, and since the Taliban was the group that gave him snactuary, its only logical to speak to that group in an effort to get Bin Laden.

We knew what the answer was going to be, since they already told us once back during President Clintons administration, not to mention telling the UN to eff off.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We must be doing a great job though.

Opium production has risen 5000 percent since the occupation started.

yes. five. thousand. percent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join