It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody remind why we are in Afghanistan ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm watching a TV program on right now about British soldiers who have been killed in Afghanistan and how their families are coping.

Whenever I see these documentaries it really annoys me because I have no idea why these young people are being sacrificed.

Please could somebody remind me why it is happening and why the wives and children of these brave people have to suffer and go without a husband or father.

Why are we in Afghanistan ?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Because of the giant deposits of Lithium and billions of dollars of other minerals that are below the ground in Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That lithium and a few other key metals are going to come in real handy in the next few years.

Lithium is critical.

And if it takes enough blood to float a twelve meter yacht, then that's what it takes.

Actually, aside from the lithium, we're still discovering other badly needed deposits.

National security and all that.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Money.
edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hunting for the dirty wizard!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Opium and Oil.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Opium
Cia
3rd line

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Don't you remember the huge threat they pose to the US soil? Yeah.... Me either....

Truth: Money, Oil, political power and control. That is why we are over there.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Protecting us from Bin Laden and the muslim ninja warriors known as Al Qaeda....haha

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So the Elite can get the US to occupy another middle-eastern country and pillage it .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well good answers. What I expect from ATS members of course. The thing is if you try asking average Joe in the street they havn't got a clue why we are there.

To me it's incredible how tptb get away with it. Most normal folk, (not saying ATS members aren't normal
) say the troops should come home, so you have to ask why they are still there.

Personally I thought we went to find Bin Laden, but doesn't seem to be mentioned anymore.

I wonder what the troops out there think they are there for ?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
we're there because we're ignorant, brainwashed and massively over entertained. we are there because we are too busy pursuing 'the dream' we are there because we are a selfish. we're there because we are a worthless generation.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
to defend the world from misogynist goat herders!

either that or to protect the pipeline, get first dibs on the worlds heroin supply or just to keep the perpetual war machine rolling.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I watched Rambo III last night, on Encore... I thought they we're on our side?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Well good answers. What I expect from ATS members of course. The thing is if you try asking average Joe in the street they havn't got a clue why we are there.

To me it's incredible how tptb get away with it. Most normal folk, (not saying ATS members aren't normal
) say the troops should come home, so you have to ask why they are still there.

Personally I thought we went to find Bin Laden, but doesn't seem to be mentioned anymore.

I wonder what the troops out there think they are there for ?

You make a great point.
Seems a lot of people don`t care.
The hatred has been fed to the people and i`m afraid a lot of them have swallowed it .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

We are there for their OIL. Thats the one and only reason we are there! Its really a pointless war! The U.S. gov seems to forget that oil has peaked. Well, let me rephrase. They know, they just ignorantly ignore that fact. May God be with the soldiers families and friends!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
There is not much oil in Afghanistan, but there is in the Caspian sea nearby which Russia and China tap in to. There have been some stories of building an oil pipeline through Afghanistan so America can send ships to get some of it, but sounds a bit stupid to undertake such a project while a war is going on.

Opium production went down before the invasion as the Taliban stopped production, probably why they got labelled as terrorists. After invasion opium production went back up again.

There is also Iran and trying to surround that for a possible invasion. The Neocons and Zionists would like to take Iran, but Russia and China will be annoyed so they need to be slow and sly about it, as they usually are.

I think it is more to do with just playing war games and the money that goes around in bomb production, bankers and other military circles. They need some enemy that is not too hard so picking on one of the poorest nations around appears like a soft target. Africa possibly scares them too much as all the bickering tribes would have something to unite against.

Basically, we are in Afghanistan due to ignorance.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It’s because they don’t have nukes, china have the largest mineral deposited on earth (including lithium).

Because they own nukes, none of these paper tigers dare to attack it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm with the rest of you... Lithium, pipelines, oil, Mil-Industrial earnings...

But what is the "official story"???? Why "on the books" are we there? Al Q? Bin Laden? WMD?

:puzz:

Sri Oracle

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

The "on the books" story? Four-fold
* Taliban
* Al-Qaeda
* Bin Laden
* President Obama's speeches before and after election that it is the right war, the good war. So good, that he sent an extra 30,000 to fight there. It's tough to back down from that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join