It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tune I would like to share with you all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi all,

Please take a few minutes to have a listen to my new track.

Enjoy.
Linden Groove - Sundog

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wasn't what I was expecting but I sooo needed it.

Thank you

S+F

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

Ta Mate, thank you very much!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Good stuff, mixed nicely. Following you on soundcloud. What you using to record?
edit on 6-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

thanks for following, ill check out your stuff now.

Heres a gear list-

iMac 27'
Cubase 5
Native Instruments Komplete 7
Izotope ozone mastering suite

hardware-
Mackie Mr8 Monitors
Edirol UA-25 @96KHz
M-Audio 49 keys

Ill have a listen to your tunes.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I listened to most of your songs and they are all pretty rockin.
I use Ableton and love it. I used to be a Cubase freak but had to switch. I use all the other things you use. Izotope is amazing.

edit on 6-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
remember when people used to write and perform music on instruments

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
remember when people used to write and perform music on instruments
Are you implying that a synthesizer/keyboard is not a musical instrument?

Definition; Instrument-

1: a device used to produce music
2: a means whereby something is achieved, performed, or furthered

Is a voice an instrument? What about clapping sticks? Glasses of water at different levels? A washboard?

Just because technological advances have brought forth new and different methods and effects that can be used to create different styles of music, does not diminish the fact that this is still an instrument for creating music.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I partly agree. I still have bass/guitar and hardware synths alongside my virtual studio. VSTi's have the same options as analog synths nowadays, but the sound is more flat to me. Long live 80's synth sawtooths and electric guitars.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

in making this statement, you clearly do not write and record music.

there is a huge difference between how guitars, bass, and drums are recorded, and how midi instruments are "recorded" (they are not actually recorded in any way shape or form). in recorded music, microphones capture musical performances. you mic up the amp or the drums and capture a person performing.

this song, along with most songs like this, as well as a lot of pop, (and its even bleeding into rock) contains no performance of any instrument whatsoever. if there were vocals, that would be the only performance. the notes are inputed into ableton or garage band. it takes no musical knowledge, one could make a song like this using loops having never picked up an instrument in your life. a laptop is not an instrument.
most people never think about what goes into making a song, but tinkering around with a computer program shouldn't garner the same respect as learning an instrument for 15 plus years and performing something beautiful.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

in making this statement, you clearly do not write and record music.

1st. I am going to have to disagree with this statement^^. Nothing within my comment can clearly give you any information about me. The method by which a song is recorded, has nothing to do with it. I also, did not make any mention of respect or lack of, towards any type of musician. I did not state what types of music I prefer.

I was simply stating, that this method of creating music, is just that. It is creating music, which in turn means that the machine being used to create this music is an instrument. The fact that you don't like it, is irrelevant. It is still an instrument that is used to create music. Plain and simple.

You prefer handmade, wooden, stringed instruments. Personally, I do too. I also prefer the sound of a real drum as opposed to a synthesized beat. I don't like a fake repetitive beat. I do not like pop music. Obviously, it takes talent to play an actual drum kit, and takes none to program a beat. It is more difficult to play a real piano as compared to a keyboard. etc. etc. etc.

I was only stating, that in the simplest form of the word, an instrument is anything used to create music.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

i don't necessarily prefer any type of instrument or another, i just firmly believe that music should be about hearing something being performed, and when you're just punching a bunch of stuff onto a grid onto a computer and playing it back, nothing is being performed. the laptop is playing the song for you, you're not playing a song.

keyboard=instrument ... laptop =/= instrument
edit on 7-3-2011 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

top topics

join